2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

Any word on why? Were coaches expecting? Did they ask for commitment?

1. Probably parents want to be sure since they've never visited AU & are from Texas. 2. They do at some point. Not sure they were expecting today. 3. Staff is balls to the walls all in on Mon so my guess id they have asked but that's not the issue for the delay.

OSU.

Edited #1 in my OP to reflect this some. Just saying OSU will have some jumping of the ledge & we don't want that. Here is the amended 1 on why the delay.

1. TOSU trying to get him to delay. Bucs are not ready to take him yet & want him to camp in June before they decide if they are all in on him or not.

OSU didn't just try to get Mond to hold off, they did get Mond to hold off. I'm told AU is still in the drivers seat but I believe this as much as I believe I win the powerball tonite.

Yes but the holding off may not be a permanent before he can camp there thing WDE. He would have to camp to get a commitable tOSU offer. TOSU still has Martell higher on the board & are becoming the favorite for him

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Probably parents want to be sure since they've never visited AU & are from Texas. 2. They do at some point. Not sure they were expecting today. 3. Staff is balls to the walls all in on Mon so my guess id they have asked but that's not the issue for the delay.

OSU.

Edited #1 in my OP to reflect this some. Just saying OSU will have some jumping of the ledge & we don't want that. Here is the amended 1 on why the delay.

1. TOSU trying to get him to delay. Bucs are not ready to take him yet & want him to camp in June before they decide if they are all in on him or not.

OSU didn't just try to get Mond to hold off, they did get Mond to hold off. I'm told AU is still in the drivers seat but I believe this as much as I believe I win the powerball tonite.

Yes but the holding off may not be a permanent before he can camp there thing WDE. He would have to camp to get a commitable tOSU offer. TOSU still has Martell higher on the board & are becoming the favorite for him

If OSU wants Mond they get Mond IMO.

OSU.

I don't know about that - no one wants to be second choice, especially four star high school players that get offers from many of the top colleges in the nation. If Auburn shows him enough love (which they have), then I could still see him committing to Auburn over a highly successful program like OSU.

OSU.

If they can for sure get him to camp & want to give him a commitable offer after that before he commits somewhere then I agree but part of the reason TOSU really pushed last night or this morning for a delay was Mond told Urban in that convo that when he commits somewhere his recruitment is over period.

OSU.

I don't know about that - no one wants to be second choice, especially four star high school players that get offers from many of the top colleges in the nation. If Auburn shows him enough love (which they have), then I could still see him committing to Auburn over a highly successful program like OSU.

What makes you think Mond is OSU's second choice? Don't think that is what OSU is telling the Mond family.

OSU.

What makes you think Mond is OSU's second choice? Don't think that is what OSU is telling the Mond family.

They are telling him they have to evaluate him more before they would be ready to take him. Most can read between the lines on that. Also OSU sources are saying Tate is their #1 target & some on their staff are not high on Mond.

Is he likely to visit at any point this summer? Here's to hoping tOSU lands Martell.

Yes. Been posted numerous times.

I go off and do lawn work at a time when people think Mond could commit today, I get done and all of a sudden the opinion is that OSU gets him if they really want him blah blah blah blah

Cold beer after a hott day is all I have to look forward to now(Other than A4E of course.) Thanks

I go off and do lawn work at a time when people think Mond could commit today, I get done and all of a sudden the opinion is that OSU gets him if they really want him blah blah blah blah

Cold beer after a hott day is all I have to look forward to now(Other than A4E of course.) Thanks

Good morning Jeffey.

OSU.

^^^ this, unfortunately ...

Ohio State is most definitely in the drivers seat. If they'll accept him, Mond will commit. Our chances are based on if the buckeyes want him more than Martell.

OSU.

Ohio State is most definitely in the drivers seat. If they'll accept him, Mond will commit. Our chances are based on if the buckeyes want him more than Martell.

Do you have a brother on the OSU staff? A cousin that's married into the Mond family? If not, how do you know this?

OSU.

Do you have a brother on the OSU staff? A cousin that's married into the Mond family? If not, how do you know this?

Agree. That's a very big assumption to make.

OSU.

Ohio State is most definitely in the drivers seat. If they'll accept him, Mond will commit. Our chances are based on if the buckeyes want him more than Martell....and if they can get Martell

Possibly but would include the added part

I don't want this to mess up our chances with gatewood

It shouldn't. Narcisse was committed to AU for 2017 before Joey committed for 2018.

Tate Martell is keeping this alive. He is #1 on their board and top 2 for TM.

Really would have been nice to have KM at Big Cat...

7 players decommitted....or did not show up for class on Monday as expected.

OSU.

Ohio State is most definitely in the drivers seat. If they'll accept him, Mond will commit. Our chances are based on if the buckeyes want him more than Martell....and if they can get Martell

Can we send a bagman to Martell to convince him to sign with TOSU? We're not TOSU alumni or boosters, so it's legal, right? Who's got a couple hundred grand they feel like gambling with?

Look I like Gatewood just as much as anybody, but he has a chance at being a bust like most QB's do. Better sign one every class cause I guarentee out of every 4* or higher, half never pan out. E what u think bout that?

OSU.

Can we send a bagman to Martell to convince him to sign with TOSU? We're not TOSU alumni or boosters, so it's legal, right? Who's got a couple hundred grand they feel like gambling with?

That's not the only stipulation. Must also have a previous relationship that includes financial assistance.

Archived