2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

I saw the IMG practice today and Kellen was held out of practice with a sprained ankle but was rockin some nice Auburn shorts and shirt. I don't know how fast Gus's offense will be this year but I can tell you the IMG offense is going to be smokin fast and challenging for the QB's. I have been around or coached HS ball over 35 years and I have never seen an offense this good and fast in the spring. They are very far along and there two back up Q's are really good and will be national recruits. There was absolutely no drop off with #2 and #3. There OC must be really good. Also got to say while visiting the area today I found one of the best seafood shacks near the cortez bridge called Table Tides. The absolute best grouper tacos I have ever eaten. The beer's weren't bad either along with the sunset.

This guy has jump up to the top of my most liked posters.

I agree, except for the sunset part. Men talking about sunsets???? Hmmm.

No shame in that game.

Grouper tacos, beer, sunset and your wife with you or girl friend if not married you can't beat that.

Damn! Now I want grouper tacos even though I never had nor heard of them before.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the IMG practice today and Kellen was held out of practice with a sprained ankle but was rockin some nice Auburn shorts and shirt. I don't know how fast Gus's offense will be this year but I can tell you the IMG offense is going to be smokin fast and challenging for the QB's. I have been around or coached HS ball over 35 years and I have never seen an offense this good and fast in the spring. They are very far along and there two back up Q's are really good and will be national recruits. There was absolutely no drop off with #2 and #3. There OC must be really good. Also got to say while visiting the area today I found one of the best seafood shacks near the cortez bridge called Table Tides. The absolute best grouper tacos I have ever eaten. The beer's weren't bad either along with the sunset.

No shame in that game.

Grouper tacos, beer, sunset and your wife with you or girl friend if not married you can't beat that.s

Grouper tacos, beer, sunset, and your wife's girlfriend!

No shame in that game.

Grouper tacos, beer, sunset and your wife with you or girl friend if not married you can't beat that.s

Down at the beach right now. Definitely ordering fish tacos tonight while watching the sunset. Will report.

No shame in that game.

Down at the beach right now. Definitely ordering fish tacos tonight while watching the sunset. Will report.

Which beach.

And lol at the "wife's girlfriend". Nice.

No shame in that game.

Which beach.

And lol at the "wife's girlfriend". Nice.

Yep Nice.Guess anything can happen at the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

So with the word being that Art Briles is out at Baylor, what happens here? Obviously I assume it improves our chances, but to what degree?

So with the word being that Art Briles is out at Baylor, what happens here? Obviously I assume it improves our chances, but to what degree?

Per BM about a minute ago.........

He is Auburn's top target and it's certainly a big plus for the Tigers in Mond's recruitment. I would, however, caution not to make any assumptions considering the track record of this staff's quarterback recruiting. There's still a long way to go.

He is Auburn's top target and it's certainly a big plus for the Tigers in Mond's recruitment. I would, however, caution not to make any assumptions considering the track record of this staff's quarterback recruiting. There's still a long way to go.

:slapfh:

Assuming he opens it up, what other schools come into play, i've seen texas tech, and i assume baylor remains in play depending on who they hire, but anyone else?

Assuming he opens it up, what other schools come into play, i've seen texas tech, and i assume baylor remains in play depending on who they hire, but anyone else?

OSU is the one to watch.

OSU is the one to watch.

I feel like Urban might be tough to recruit against, if you mean ohio st.

Just as important IMO is tOSU is the other team involved. Martell PLEASE pick tOSU.

Funny thing in BMatt's post is how much he & JLee disagrees.Bmatt pointing to poor recruiting JLee saying recruiting has been good using ratings to back up his opinion. I'm on the development side of the debate myself since Gus has never developed a QB he got from high school.

Just as important IMO is tOSU is the other team involved. Martell PLEASE pick tOSU.

Funny thing in BMatt's post is how much he & JLee disagrees.Bmatt pointing to poor recruiting JLee saying recruiting has been good using ratings to back up his opinion. I'm on the development side of the debate myself since Gus has never developed a QB he got from high school.

Not sure we know enough about Gus to make much of a judgment since he has bounced around so much he's not had more than a year or two with the same guy and for the most part has coached players that other coaches brought in.

I guess JJ and SW are the only HS QBs that Gus has had from the start.....so maybe we will know more about his ability to develop QBs in another year....but looking around, I guess you can say that most SEC coaches can't develop their own QBs since they seem to be shopping around for JUCOs or transfers as frequently as we do.

Not sure we know enough about Gus to make much of a judgment since he has bounced around so much he's not had more than a year or two with the same guy and for the most part has coached players that other coaches brought in.

I guess JJ and SW are the only HS QBs that Gus has had from the start.....so maybe we will know more about his ability to develop QBs in another year....but looking around, I guess you can say that most SEC coaches can't develop their own QBs since they seem to be shopping around for JUCOs or transfers as frequently as we do.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Does Khiel Frazier ring a bell? Yes Gus was not here his whole time but he was a very highly rated QB Gus brought it that did not develop. I understand KF was a freshman in this example I'm about to make but isn't it strange & eerily familiar KF had the same deer in headlights look JJ had last year.

Why do so many threads have to be about Gus's ability to develop QBs? SMDH

^^^ This guy is on fleek. Ya dig?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Does Khiel Frazier ring a bell? Yes Gus was not here his whole time but he was a very highly rated QB Gus brought it that did not develop. I understand KF was a freshman in this example I'm about to make but isn't it strange & eerily familiar KF had the same deer in headlights look JJ had last year.

True...but I am not sure that. a coach can teach composure.....which seems to be an innate thing... :dunno:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

True...but I am not sure that. a coach can teach composure.....which seems to be an innate thing... :dunno:

It can be taught, preferrably by a sports psychologist, but it can be done.

Point taken. The main point of my post is I think it's funny BMatt & JLee report for AU but said the exact opposite things in the span of a day.

Anyway if AU gets Mond on campus soon as Mond had planned I like our chances... GRRRRR on the staff moving BCW from late May to early June, Elite 11 semifinal round weekend.

Point taken. The main point of my post is I think it's funny BMatt & JLee report for AU but said the exact opposite things in the span of a day.

Wasn't directing that towards you E. It was just a general statement.

Anyway if AU gets Mond on campus soon as Mond had planned I like our chances... GRRRRR on the staff moving BCW from late May to early June, Elite 11 semifinal round weekend.

Why would they schedule BCW during such a key weekend? Damn

This is moving very fast now. For AU to land Mond they almost need him to visit soon. Remember his parents have never seen AU.

This is moving very fast now. For AU to land Mond they almost need him to visit soon. Remember his parents have never seen AU.

Have they visited Ohio State?

Have they visited Ohio State?

Not sure. I would just feel better since KM wants this done ASAP & is down to AU & tOSU.

Archived