One of our QB's is working out with Michael Vick..

dmoney

I don't care if he asked Gus or not. Gus not allowing this has probably cost more than one QB their careers over his time in college football.

I just want JF3 to be as good as he can be, which is pretty damn good I believe. These NFL QB drafts diminishing more and more in stock and we can't put another guy in the league? I hope JF3 turns the tide (no pun intended).

Foolishness.

Yep. Absolutely ridiculous to even think such a thing.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vick is not helping directly, but I think his college career is great motivation for JFIII. He and Moore on defense were special......then he fought dogs.

Vick is not helping directly, but I think his college career is great motivation for JFIII. He and Moore on defense were special......then he fought dogs.

Why would you think Vick is not helping directly?

Well actually hill has done as much if not more than any of our qb's as far as last year no it would be hard to do Jack when you can't play....

And the drills can't teach pocket presence but it can certainly help enhance it. Funny though pocket awareness is one of the general things fans love to talk about but don't really know too much about. In general when a play fail there aren't too many that can know what the qb should have done and what check downs he should have made or what went wrong aside from the obvious.

It's just funny to me when guys complain of mental stuff or even praise a guy for mental stuff when they can't really know

Lots of difference between performing well in drills against air, and doing it under duress in a real game situation.

Really?? I didn't know!

i think he meant that he and Vick are both training under another coach instead of Vick himself training JF3. Has to be helping some. I did like the photo where JF3 appeared an inch taller than Mike.

i think he meant that he and Vick are both training under another coach instead of Vick himself training JF3. Has to be helping some. I did like the photo where JF3 appeared an inch taller than Mike.

Pretty much what it was regarding Vick. Gus downplayed it. "Playing catch." I get Vick is the big name in this situation but seems like too much concentration is on him when in fact it was the other two guys leading the training. Click bait I'm sure. Vick was an added bonus no matter if he's not a top NFL QB...he's a NFL QB that has shown success at the highest level. Good enough for me considering our QB issues. I'll take it.

I don't care if he asked Gus or not. Gus not allowing this has probably cost more than one QB their careers over his time in college football.

I just want JF3 to be as good as he can be, which is pretty damn good I believe. These NFL QB drafts diminishing more and more in stock and we can't put another guy in the league? I hope JF3 turns the tide (no pun intended).

Name one. Just one.

Pretty much what it was regarding Vick. Gus downplayed it. "Playing catch." I get Vick is the big name in this situation but seems like too much concentration is on him when in fact it was the other two guys leading the training. Click bait I'm sure. Vick was an added bonus no matter if he's not a top NFL QB...he's a NFL QB that has shown success at the highest level. Good enough for me considering our QB issues. I'll take it.

He might not be a "top" QB, but he had a 13 year NFL career that included a trip to prison in the middle of it. I don't think there are many QB's in the NFL that are good enough for a team to want them after they spend two years in prison.

The fans didn't really get a chance to see Sean White last year because he was battling a knee injury, a foot injury," Mastrole said. "There are maybe five guys (I've worked with) that are unbelievable that don't need the tweaking and the monitoring (and White is one of them). ... That's one kid that I don't worry about at all."

I can understand Malzahn's thought process on this...

Although, I never coached QB's. I have coached hitting and pitching. What happens is the kid will go to a paid guru who will change something on the kid's pitching or hitting. Alot of times it conflicts with my own techniques. I wouldn't have a problem with a kid and his parents doing this if it was a continious thing. But is usually two or three weeks and then all the outside paid help is over.

What happens is I now have a kid who is the middle of two philosophies that I am then stuck trying to repair or trying to find a happy medium with. Sometimes it all works out but the negatives for the most part have always outnumbered the positives.

Wouldn't it be an NCAA violation if JF3 was working out with these guys for free? Shouldn't they have to pay these coaches like all of the other clients? Seems JF3 is getting free training whereas if I wanted to workout with Vick and company I'd have to pay for the same exact training. Isn't he getting a benefit due to his status as an AU QB?

Also, I think Gus is figuring out other people need to put their hands on his QBs for them to reach their full potential but is trying to save some face at the same time, based on how i perceived his quotes in the al.com article.

Wouldn't it be an NCAA violation if JF3 was working out with these guys for free? Shouldn't they have to pay these coaches like all of the other clients? Seems JF3 is getting free training whereas if I wanted to workout with Vick and company I'd have to pay for the same exact training. Isn't he getting a benefit due to his status as an AU QB?

Also, I think Gus is figuring out other people need to put their hands on his QBs for them to reach their full potential but is trying to save some face at the same time, based on how i perceived his quotes in the al.com article.

Gus says he wasn't receiving official training...yet you claim JF3 is receiving improper benefits?...you're basically calling Gus a liar and JF3 a cheater all in one post. Turd post of the day. Congrats! (Yes I know you're not a turd...but maybe you've been taking lessons?)

Gus says he wasn't receiving official training...yet you claim JF3 is receiving improper benefits?...you're basically calling Gus a liar and JF3 a cheater all in one post. Turd post of the day. Congrats! (Yes I know you're not a turd...but maybe you've been taking lessons?)

I'm asking a question, dude. What does it mean he's not receiving training? Is he just cheering Vick on during his 5 step drops?

But you missed me on the the liar aspect. All coaches lie through their teeth to the media.

I'm asking a question, dude. What does it mean he's not receiving training? Is he just cheering Vick on during his 5 step drops?

But you missed me on the the liar aspect. All coaches lie through their teeth to the media.

Pretty much.

Although, I never coached QB's. I have coached hitting and pitching. What happens is the kid will go to a paid guru who will change something on the kid's pitching or hitting. Alot of times it conflicts with my own techniques. I wouldn't have a problem with a kid and his parents doing this if it was a continious thing. But is usually two or three weeks and then all the outside paid help is over.

What happens is I now have a kid who is the middle of two philosophies that I am then stuck trying to repair or trying to find a happy medium with. Sometimes it all works out but the negatives for the most part have always outnumbered the positives.

Yep! :thumbsup:

So you are actually officially calling Malzahn a liar and JF3 a cheat. :sigh:

You said Gus has lied before??? You must me a bammer....

So you are actually officially calling Malzahn a liar and JF3 a cheat. :sigh:

:slapfh: I don't know if you're trolling me or not but I am really just trying to get a handle on how this is legal. It obviously is as Gus has been talking publicly about it, but I just pointed out some things that I felt could make his whole training session against the rules and I want to know the counter points to those. You keep replying without answering any of my questions lol so can you break down the legality of this or how getting some free training sessions is any different than players receiving free material goods, like shoes or suits?

You said Gus has lied before??? You must me a bammer....

lol, right? I can't believe it took you guys this long to find out my true intentions....

No, it's not a violation because the outside coach and Vick have no affiliation with Auburn. All the NCAA prohibits is gifts from "boosters" which is people affiliated with the school and agents. Anyone else who wants to give away free stuff is welcome to do so.

Now, I'd be surprised if some bama fan isn't trying to find a paper trail that somehow ties this to Auburn so that they can scream impermissible benefit and call in the NCAA dogs.

you are assuming gus is teaching JF3 how to qb.

i contest that gus has never taught a qb.

No, it's not a violation because the outside coach and Vick have no affiliation with Auburn. All the NCAA prohibits is gifts from "boosters" which is people affiliated with the school and agents. Anyone else who wants to give away free stuff is welcome to do so.

Now, I'd be surprised if some bama fan isn't trying to find a paper trail that somehow ties this to Auburn so that they can scream impermissible benefit and call in the NCAA dogs.

Thanks for clearing that up. Just so I am sure I am understanding this though, if I were to buy, for example, Tony Stevens a dinner and I payed the entire bill that would be in the clear because I have no booster-connection to AU? Because I'm assuming people who would buy a football player dinner are doing it because of, in this example, Tony Steven's status as a football player which makes me feel like he's benefiting from his standing as an athlete -- which is something normal students aren't "dealing" with.

gus is ruining our football program. with each passing insight into how he is doing things i am becoming more and more irritated at what appears to be, at least at times, a completely clueless approach on many aspects of coaching and the most troubling aspect is QB development, supposedly one of gus' strengths. waahhhhhh. call me what you will but i am an auburn fan and am so sick of the coach speak, qb anti-development and inability to be anything other than the most predictable and stubborn coach i have seen in a while. i want to win 10 or 12 games a year and this mickey mouse crap has got to stop. our only QBs under gus who have done anything were developed by others. gus ran JJ, mr football for state of AL, into the ground and the worst part is that him saying/acting like they didn't know JJ would react like that. HELLO? did you never go live with the QBs in practice, like, EVER?

gus is not a genius. he is a moron.

gus is ruining our football program. with each passing insight into how he is doing things i am becoming more and more irritated at what appears to be, at least at times, a completely clueless approach on many aspects of coaching and the most troubling aspect is QB development, supposedly one of gus' strengths. waahhhhhh. call me what you will but i am an auburn fan and am so sick of the coach speak, qb anti-development and inability to be anything other than the most predictable and stubborn coach i have seen in a while. i want to win 10 or 12 games a year and this mickey mouse crap has got to stop. our only QBs under gus who have done anything were developed by others. gus ran JJ, mr football for state of AL, into the ground and the worst part is that him saying/acting like they didn't know JJ would react like that. HELLO? did you never go live with the QBs in practice, like, EVER?

gus is not a genius. he is a moron.

You must work for Jay Jacobs.

Archived