One of our QB's is working out with Michael Vick..

dmoney

JFIII will need more than Vick's advice to make him a decent passer.

He's actually getting coaching from some dude named Oliver Bozeman IV. Vick is just there with them. I can't find much on him, but he apparently runs camps and clinics.

In any case, you can't knock the kid for doing everything he can to get better.

+1

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFIII will need more than Vick's advice to make him a decent passer.

He's actually getting coaching from some dude named Oliver Bozeman IV. Vick is just there with them. I can't find much on him, but he apparently runs camps and clinics.

In any case, you can't knock the kid for doing everything he can to get better.

well said

The only people that makes him a long shot are people on this board....fact is no qb has separated themselves. And out of the three JF3 gets a little leeway, he didn't know the playbook and all that stuff. It's disappointing the guys that have years in the offense aren't heads and shoulders above the new guy

It is a shame JJ isn't way ahead of him. It is also a shame SW (who is way ahead of him) got hurt last year. Then there is Tyler Queens injuries, just too bad.

How is SW way ahead of him? Based on what? SW looked pretty bad against Memphis and that had nothing to do with his injury. SW didn't look all that gravy in the A-Day game either. SW will probably start, but not because he is way ahead of him. If anything, he will start because he is the most comfortable in our offense and he looks it.

Based on the coach that told me. Sorry you don't like SW. Why don't you like him? Is it on or off the field issues?

Sorry I'm not believIng this. Can't believe you talk to a coach and you don't know the structure of a football practice

He talks to a coach but not at practice. I used to talk to swimming coach David Marsh quite often, yet the next swimming practice I attend will be my first.

Yeah but if you didn't understand a concept about swimming like a swimmer will get wet then I'm not going to believe you are close with a swimming coach and talk in detail with the coach about swimming

Will you please consider moving to another site? Man, your constant arguing and fight picking with everyone is really, really, getting old!

What is the rush to name a starter. ? I don't get rush...

Nobody said anything about rushing to name a starter. I think the point that some of us is trying to make, is that there is no one who really has done enough to be considered a starter. This isn't like tOSU situation, where you have multiple QBs good enough to start and the coach has to make the hard decision on who will take the snaps. It is looking more and more like we do not have anyone, who the coaches feel completely comfortable with in the pocket.

I didn't realize JF3 had such a strong arm...if that's really the case, I think he probably will start.

I didn't realize JF3 had such a strong arm...if that's really the case, I think he probably will start.

?

?

Seriously, after all the talk of his passing deficiencies, I got the impression that he had a weak arm. If that's not the case, I imagine he'll improve his accuracy enough and learn the playbook enough that he'll be starting because of his rushing ability.

While I agree SW has been here 2 years and could be better...I think that the coaching staff has not done him any favors. IMO, they need to build the offensive plan to take advantage of his strength...passing....not him running the zone read but I'm not the coach. It's not his fault he's not a runner like Cam or Nick. The coaches that recruited him to AU should now be coaching/developing him to be the best qb in the SEC. But it appears that they are still out looking for that lightning in a bottle.

Had Jeremy not been the starter, last year, I would imagine that they would have come in with a different game plan. We saw a new plan starting to form before Sean got hurt, but it takes a while to shift gears with a whole team. That's why I've previously discussed the inherent risk of having your back-up QB have completely different strengths than your starter.

You say this so matter of factly....You can't possibly know this. And we didn't see a new plan, we saw weak defenses....Best thing in the world for confidence. We didn't see a new Jeremy against Idaho st or whoever we played, we saw jj playing against a weak D

Yawn... whatever... I'm seriously bored with you Cole. You have the potential to be a really great person to talk football with, but all you want to do is pick fights. This time, your attack had NOTHING to do with what I said. I didn't say Sean was good or your boy Jeremy was bad. I said nothing about confidence. All I said was they were changing the game plan to fit Sean until he got hurt, which I CAN know because I watched the games and saw the plays that were being called.

Here's a challenge for you. Take a week and make a serious effort to only post things that aren't attacking other posters. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it.

Boy you're sensitive. Attack you how? When? Clearly we're on the separate end of the debate but you constantly talking about the same stuff and my opinion is different but when you talk it's cool but since I don't talk I'm attacking you....get real. I don't disrespect you or insult you. And how is Jeremy my boy? See? You say stuff like that but I'm supposed to be the bad guy.

So what I was saying what was the different game plan? What was different? What were the adjustments? And no actually you still can't know you offered an opinion

But no matter how you try to spin it, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I attacked you

?

Seriously, after all the talk of his passing deficiencies, I got the impression that he had a weak arm. If that's not the case, I imagine he'll improve his accuracy enough and learn the playbook enough that he'll be starting because of his rushing ability.

I never read that arm strength was JF3's problem. It's said to be accuracy. If two years of coaching at FSU and another at JUCO didn't make him an accurate passer I don't see how a few months at Auburn is expected to turn the trick.

?

I never read that arm strength was JF3's problem. It's said to be accuracy. If two years of coaching at FSU and another at JUCO didn't make him an accurate passer I don't see how a few months at Auburn is expected to turn the trick.

exactly. Arm strength should be possibly the least of all factors at this point.

Still going off hearsay. If you go off rumors then JJ should be in the NFL, sw is the most accurate passer in ALL of football so how is JF3 even in this competition....

If you are referring to me I'm not going on rumors. I don't know his arm strength. I'm sure it is sufficient. But if he has a Brett Farve cannon it is not going to be the deciding factor of who plays.

I agree completely about arm strength, it more important than people think but if you're not accurate it doesn't mean Jack. But the jf3 can't throw a lick and sw and jj are so far ahead of him is just that

I agree completely about arm strength, it more important than people think but if you're not accurate it doesn't mean Jack. But the jf3 can't throw a lick and sw and jj are so far ahead of him is just that

correct. They are rumors but I believe them.

Exactly so like I said if you believe all rumors we have a cam like qb, Joe Montana like qb on the roster and we're actively searching for a transfer, and we couldn't name a starter.....use some logic. Even if sw is the starter he's been battling jj forever and jj sucks, common sense will tell you there's not a big gap. Actually your eyes could tell you as well. Don't forget the rumors of everybody struggled during the spring camp....unless Gus has a grudge against sw or jj has pictures of his wife naked or something....

Exactly so like I said if you believe all rumors we have a cam like qb, Joe Montana like qb on the roster and we're actively searching for a transfer, and we couldn't name a starter.....use some logic. Even if sw is the starter he's been battling jj forever and jj sucks, common sense will tell you there's not a big gap. Actually your eyes could tell you as well. Don't forget the rumors of everybody struggled during the spring camp....unless Gus has a grudge against sw or jj has pictures of his wife naked or something....

i am using logic so I don't believe all rumors. The only rumor I have mentioned is jf3 is behind SW and JJ. Hence he is a long shot to win the job. Don't put nude pics and Joe Montana on me.

As of now.

1.SW

2.JF3

3.JJ

That's not rumor. TIFWIW

Any word as to whether Jeremy is being considered for another position? I hate to see him burn his senior year sitting on a bench.

As of now.

1.SW

2.JF3

3.JJ

That's not rumor. TIFWIW

Any word as to whether Jeremy is being considered for another position? I hate to see him burn his senior year sitting on a bench.

Can he punt? Snap holder? I keed.

As of now.

1.SW

2.JF3

3.JJ

That's not rumor. TIFWIW

I am sure Bruce Pearl could use him on the hardwood.

?

I might well have gotten confused about the problem with his passing, but I do seem to remember much being made of a duck he threw in the A-day game. That's probably where I got the impression from...I dunno though.

In any case, having a strong arm as opposed to a weaker one makes a difference in my opinion of ability to get the job done during games, so that's where I was going with it. It's not that I think he'll become Joe Montana overnight, but rather that I do think his athleticism will make more difference in our offense than in FSU's or the JUCO's. :dunno: We'll see.

As of now.

1.SW

2.JF3

3.JJ

That's not rumor. TIFWIW

He may have a situational role -

As of now.

1.SW

2.JF3

3.JJ

That's not rumor. TIFWIW

I could see that happening. Esp. if we're struggling in the redzone like last year with SW. As the field shrunk JJ looked better oldly

I could see that happening. Esp. if we're struggling in the redzone like last year with SW. As the field shrunk JJ looked better oldly

I don't think it's odd at all. One of Jeremy's strength was supposed to be the power run game. Still, I would have to think that Gus plans to use John in the red zone, for his speed to get to the corner. If John really can get to the corners fast, then our red zone offense should take a big step forward, because they won't know whether to crash down on Kam and Jovon in the middle or protect a run from John to the edge. With Jeremy, they knew the run was coming up the middle, they just didn't know who would be carrying the ball.

Archived