One of our QB's is working out with Michael Vick..

dmoney

There is no y'all. There are individuals who want certain qb's to start. The guys who want sw to start will tell you how jf3 isn't accurate and can't throw a lick.

Guys that want jf3 to start will mention sw in the redzone and his games against defenses with a pulse. You will also notice this group doesn't believe any transfer would beat sw out, and there is a belief he was the number 1 qb on our board

I don't think anybody has any faith in JJ anymore. Maybe red, but he's in the I don't care just want to win camp.

Lastly there is the just want to win group. Either they feel it doesn't matter because multiple qb's are good or multiple qb's are bad. And that's pretty much it.

I kinda like JF3 but I am not saying he should absolutely be the guy and SW sucks. I just want one of the three to step up and clearly be the number one qb.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no y'all. There are individuals who want certain qb's to start. The guys who want sw to start will tell you how jf3 isn't accurate and can't throw a lick.

Guys that want jf3 to start will mention sw in the redzone and his games against defenses with a pulse. You will also notice this group doesn't believe any transfer would beat sw out, and there is a belief he was the number 1 qb on our board

I don't think anybody has any faith in JJ anymore. Maybe red, but he's in the I don't care just want to win camp.

Lastly there is the just want to win group. Either they feel it doesn't matter because multiple qb's are good or multiple qb's are bad. And that's pretty much it.

I kinda like JF3 but I am not saying he should absolutely be the guy and SW sucks. I just want one of the three to step up and clearly be the number one qb.

That would be nice. Nothing worse than having a starter looking over his shoulder wondering how long he his leash is.

That's a pretty fair assessment, I'd say. I do still believe JJ could turn it around, and I think it would be the best thing for us, but I also have my doubts that he'll ever put it together...and in any case I'm cheering for Auburn instead of any particular QB.

what is wrong with the young man trying to make himself a better QB? This does not bother me one bit. If JFIII turns out to be an excellent QB and helps us to win 10 or more games for 2016 & 2017, I see no problem with this.

^I too, appreciate his work ethic. I don't think he's the answer as a full-time starter, but he could fit like a glove in the wildcat/speed sweep role.

what is wrong with the young man trying to make himself a better QB? This does not bother me one bit. If JFIII turns out to be an excellent QB and helps us to win 10 or more games for 2016 & 2017, I see no problem with this.

Agree...glad he is showing initiative to improve what most people consider to be his biggest weakness....hope it makes a difference for him.

Any word as to whether Jeremy is being considered for another position? I hate to see him burn his senior year sitting on a bench.

He may have a situational role -

I could see that happening. Esp. if we're struggling in the redzone like last year with SW. As the field shrunk JJ looked better oldly

I don't think it's odd at all. One of Jeremy's strength was supposed to be the power run game. Still, I would have to think that Gus plans to use John in the red zone, for his speed to get to the corner. If John really can get to the corners fast, then our red zone offense should take a big step forward, because they won't know whether to crash down on Kam and Jovon in the middle or protect a run from John to the edge. With Jeremy, they knew the run was coming up the middle, they just didn't know who would be carrying the ball.

I meant far as his passing seemed better inside the 20 being that otherwise it was an INT. It just seemed as the field shrunk he was more accurate and looked more comfortable passing. Not a big fan no JJ's running as he's pretty timid but having either JJ or JF3 down in the redzone would be a nice advantage IMO. Kerryon will likely be a factor in that area as well.

There could be some sense to this. Maybe the root of JJs troubles is that he has trouble seeing the whole field. Would explain some of the interesting decisions he makes. Shrink it down to 10-20 yards and all of a sudden everything is right there in front of him and he can just let it go naturally. Could be vision related could be ability to process, could just be artifact.

I feel like the coaches want jf3 to be able to win the job. You know someone as fast as jf3 with at least a capable arm is what Gus needs at QB right now more than anything, it seems.

My gut feeling is that SW is still #1 at this point.

^I concur. We desperately need SW to look at least decent not just because of this year, but for future years too. We don't want to go into the season after this with WB as our only hope--though by then, after having a year to back up or redshirt he'd better be ready regardless. I still think if we commit to him SW will have the tools to do well, especially by (but not limited to) his senior year.

College GameDay @CollegeGameDay 9h9 hours ago

.@AlabamaFTBL's Blake Barnett and @TCUFootball's Kenny Hill get in some work with the guru @georgewhitfield.pic.twitter.com/A51U5RQxh3

CicN7dDWsAAS5vI.jpg

12:36 PM - 14 May 2016 · Details

Smh, this is was irked me the most about Gus not letting Nick work with George....Just establishing a relationship with one of the best qb gurus....it couldn't have hurt for the future at all.

I'd like to see all of our QB's work with mentors over the Summer. However, it didn't see to help Barnett. He was outplayed in the Spring by an incoming true Freshman without any help from George.

Just sayin'.

I don't know about all of that, but yeah you could say that and then you can also look at how many big time players he's helped and even prepared for the NFL. Or you can try to find an anomaly and say so and so says hi, or just sayin or whatever

I don't know about all of that, but yeah you could say that and then you can also look at how many big time players he's helped and even prepared for the NFL. Or you can try to find an anomaly and say so and so says hi, or just sayin or whatever

Or you could comment on one of the very guys shown in the pics and link provided. So far, Kenny Hill hasn't done Jack either.

However, like I said, I wouldn't mind all of our QB's getting some extra instruction during the Summer months. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt. If only those drills could teach pocket presence during an actual game.

Well actually hill has done as much if not more than any of our qb's as far as last year no it would be hard to do Jack when you can't play....

And the drills can't teach pocket presence but it can certainly help enhance it. Funny though pocket awareness is one of the general things fans love to talk about but don't really know too much about. In general when a play fail there aren't too many that can know what the qb should have done and what check downs he should have made or what went wrong aside from the obvious.

It's just funny to me when guys complain of mental stuff or even praise a guy for mental stuff when they can't really know

Or you could comment on one of the very guys shown in the pics and link provided. So far, Kenny Hill hasn't done Jack either.

However, like I said, I wouldn't mind all of our QB's getting some extra instruction during the Summer months. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt. If only those drills could teach pocket presence during an actual game.

Well actually hill has done as much if not more than any of our qb's as far as last year no it would be hard to do Jack when you can't play....

And the drills can't teach pocket presence but it can certainly help enhance it. Funny though pocket awareness is one of the general things fans love to talk about but don't really know too much about. In general when a play fail there aren't too many that can know what the qb should have done and what check downs he should have made or what went wrong aside from the obvious.

It's just funny to me when guys complain of mental stuff or even praise a guy for mental stuff when they can't really know

Okay, you're both pretty...

Okay, you're both pretty...

Huge LOL !!!

I don't care if he asked Gus or not. Gus not allowing this has probably cost more than one QB their careers over his time in college football.

I just want JF3 to be as good as he can be, which is pretty damn good I believe. These NFL QB drafts diminishing more and more in stock and we can't put another guy in the league? I hope JF3 turns the tide (no pun intended).

I can't think of any in his time in the SEC. You think Mitch Mustain could've done more with the help of off-season work? He flopped in two leagues. Or are we talking about Chris Todd, Barrett Trotter, or Nick Marshall? Obviously it didn't affect Cam, and I don't think that's the cause of Jeremy's struggles. It's a short list of guys that even arguably could've lost "their career" to Gus' rule.

I don't care if he asked Gus or not. Gus not allowing this has probably cost more than one QB their careers over his time in college football.

I just want JF3 to be as good as he can be, which is pretty damn good I believe. These NFL QB drafts diminishing more and more in stock and we can't put another guy in the league? I hope JF3 turns the tide (no pun intended).

Foolishness.

Crapea on Friday reported Kodi Burns is excited about JF3's side-coaching. That would be Auburn Wide Receiver coach Kodi Burns.

Crapea on Friday reported Kodi Burns is excited about JF3's side-coaching. That would be Auburn Wide Receiver coach Kodi Burns.

Good - I hope our QBs pepper these young WRs and get them ready to produce.

I don't think the outside work hurts but it is not the definitive reason a QB makes it or not. I mean if Gus is getting hammered for this then several other coaches should be as well, Even Lord Saban had to go and find a grad transfer from FSU. Guess all the QBS before were lacking in the development department at Updyke U otherwise they would have not had to recruit Coker to come there...

Lots of difference between performing well in drills against air, and doing it under duress in a real game situation.

Archived