One of our QB's is working out with Michael Vick..

dmoney

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atleast we can see that he really wants to get better. I like that....

JF3 has been like this since day one. He def. wants it bad. Following him on all of his social media sites he puts in a lot of time outside of practice with AU. He's constantly working.

Does this mean Gus has ended his ban on his QB's getting outside help?

Considering that the official Auburn facebook page posted video of the session, I would say yes... Gus was fully aware of what was going on.

While I agree SW has been here 2 years and could be better...I think that the coaching staff has not done him any favors. IMO, they need to build the offensive plan to take advantage of his strength...passing....not him running the zone read but I'm not the coach. It's not his fault he's not a runner like Cam or Nick. The coaches that recruited him to AU should now be coaching/developing him to be the best qb in the SEC. But it appears that they are still out looking for that lightning in a bottle.

Well considering that they can't work with him until next fall practice, that is somewhat hard to work with him "now". They worked with him this spring and from most indications he is the running to be starting QB as much as any of them.

Very interesting! When this type of development was discussed just a few months ago in regards to other QB's on the roster. It was stated that GM absolutely would not allow it. Obviously something or someone has changed and IMO it's an excellent idea.

Personally i question even if Gus knew about this before it happened to be honest. It wasn't like he was working out with Vick for 3 or 4 days. It's clearly not close to an NCAA issue. His dad does seem to have some connections.

The only people that makes him a long shot are people on this board....fact is no qb has separated themselves. And out of the three JF3 gets a little leeway, he didn't know the playbook and all that stuff. It's disappointing the guys that have years in the offense aren't heads and shoulders above the new guy

It is a shame JJ isn't way ahead of him. It is also a shame SW (who is way ahead of him) got hurt last year. Then there is Tyler Queens injuries, just too bad.

How is SW way ahead of him? Based on what? SW looked pretty bad against Memphis and that had nothing to do with his injury. SW didn't look all that gravy in the A-Day game either. SW will probably start, but not because he is way ahead of him. If anything, he will start because he is the most comfortable in our offense and he looks it.

Only reason i put SW ahead of JF3 is based on experience and Gus likely having more trust him than any other QB at this point. But i wouldn't say way ahead that's for sure. If JF3 can show more consistency in passing in Fall camp then i think he wins the job. It's still a lot of time to simply declare SW the starter but if we're speaking of terms of right now...yeah SW would be the starter but not by much IMO.

While I agree SW has been here 2 years and could be better...I think that the coaching staff has not done him any favors. IMO, they need to build the offensive plan to take advantage of his strength...passing....not him running the zone read but I'm not the coach. It's not his fault he's not a runner like Cam or Nick. The coaches that recruited him to AU should now be coaching/developing him to be the best qb in the SEC. But it appears that they are still out looking for that lightning in a bottle.

Had Jeremy not been the starter, last year, I would imagine that they would have come in with a different game plan. We saw a new plan starting to form before Sean got hurt, but it takes a while to shift gears with a whole team. That's why I've previously discussed the inherent risk of having your back-up QB have completely different strengths than your starter.

"Bozeman said he was put in touch with Franklin by his former high school coach and has been working with the Tigers signal caller in a week-long "cram session" before Franklin returns to the Plains for summer classes." http://www.al.com/au...chael_vick.html

If i was SW i'd call up my former QB coach.

Had Jeremy not been the starter, last year, I would imagine that they would have come in with a different game plan. We saw a new plan starting to form before Sean got hurt, but it takes a while to shift gears with a whole team. That's why I've previously discussed the inherent risk of having your back-up QB have completely different strengths than your starter.

Hello...excellent post.

Hmmmm.....So is JF3 using Frazier for strength training/nutrition right now as well as Bozeman for mechanics & foot work?

Hmmmm.....So is JF3 using Frazier for strength training/nutrition right now as well as Bozeman for mechanics & foot work?

Appears for the week he is.

Looks like someone who really wants to take advantage of the opportunity that has been given to him. Hope he can get a lot out of it.

Let me tell u this, lashlee and Gus know how to coach a QB, if they didn't they would not be where they are. Cam, NM, Todd, the guys at Tulsa, Arky St. Etc... Improved under those guys. Not by chance. I'm sure the Bust rate on college QB's is really really high. Almost every team signs a couple QB's every year and only a select few ever start a game. We have had severl busts but so have many other SEC teams. We have also had great QB play, and if White has it then he will be the guy if he doesn't then he doesn't, it's not always coaching. LSU has had horrid QB play, it was not the coaching. Some teams hit on a lot of prospects and some do not. Look at how many QB's have gone in the first round that never made it, so that was because of coaching? A few QB's have it and most do not. I think our scouting of tallent has just had too many misses.

I never saw Gus as a QB guru to start with because he didn't have a QB long enough for me to qualify that he can develop a QB; where you can see the progression. I saw/and still believe Gus is capable of scheming an offense around a QB's strengths and this is what made him a top coaching prospect. My biggest question is will he? Particularly if SW is our starter. For some reason the last couple of years he's lost his way in doing that. If he can get back to being more of Gus the former OC then i think we'll be ok even with the current QBs being average.

The only people that makes him a long shot are people on this board....fact is no qb has separated themselves. And out of the three JF3 gets a little leeway, he didn't know the playbook and all that stuff. It's disappointing the guys that have years in the offense aren't heads and shoulders above the new guy

It is a shame JJ isn't way ahead of him. It is also a shame SW (who is way ahead of him) got hurt last year. Then there is Tyler Queens injuries, just too bad.

How is SW way ahead of him? Based on what? SW looked pretty bad against Memphis and that had nothing to do with his injury. SW didn't look all that gravy in the A-Day game either. SW will probably start, but not because he is way ahead of him. If anything, he will start because he is the most comfortable in our offense and he looks it.

Based on the coach that told me. Sorry you don't like SW. Why don't you like him? Is it on or off the field issues?

Sorry I'm not believIng this. Can't believe you talk to a coach and you don't know the structure of a football practice

He talks to a coach but not at practice. I used to talk to swimming coach David Marsh quite often, yet the next swimming practice I attend will be my first.

Yeah but if you didn't understand a concept about swimming like a swimmer will get wet then I'm not going to believe you are close with a swimming coach and talk in detail with the coach about swimming

You say this so matter of factly....You can't possibly know this. And we didn't see a new plan, we saw weak defenses....Best thing in the world for confidence. We didn't see a new Jeremy against Idaho st or whoever we played, we saw jj playing against a weak D

What is the rush to name a starter. ? I don't get rush...

You say this so matter of factly....You can't possibly know this. And we didn't see a new plan, we saw weak defenses....Best thing in the world for confidence. We didn't see a new Jeremy against Idaho st or whoever we played, we saw jj playing against a weak D

Yawn... whatever... I'm seriously bored with you Cole. You have the potential to be a really great person to talk football with, but all you want to do is pick fights. This time, your attack had NOTHING to do with what I said. I didn't say Sean was good or your boy Jeremy was bad. I said nothing about confidence. All I said was they were changing the game plan to fit Sean until he got hurt, which I CAN know because I watched the games and saw the plays that were being called.

Here's a challenge for you. Take a week and make a serious effort to only post things that aren't attacking other posters. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it.

Yawn... whatever... I'm seriously bored with you Cole. You have the potential to be a really great person to talk football with, but all you want to do is pick fights. This time, your attack had NOTHING to do with what I said. I didn't say Sean was good or your boy Jeremy was bad. I said nothing about confidence. All I said was they were changing the game plan to fit Sean until he got hurt, which I CAN know because I watched the games and saw the plays that were being called.

Here's a challenge for you. Take a week and make a serious effort to only post things that aren't attacking other posters. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it.

There's no doubt Gus had a different mind set when Sean took the helm. He also hit the panic button and pared down the playbook when White threw the red zone pick vs MSU. After that, White didn't have much to work with for a while.

JFIII will need more than Vick's advice to make him a decent passer.

He's actually getting coaching from some dude named Oliver Bozeman IV. Vick is just there with them. I can't find much on him, but he apparently runs camps and clinics.

In any case, you can't knock the kid for doing everything he can to get better.

There's no doubt Gus had a different mind set when Sean took the helm. He also hit the panic button and pared down the playbook when White threw the red zone pick vs MSU. After that, White didn't have much to work with for a while.

Definitely. One thing I hope more than anything else is that Gus learns to not overreact when a mistake is made. He does seem to be very quick to go into prevent mode.

JFIII will need more than Vick's advice to make him a decent passer.

its not like he plans to start fall practice next week and has already been seen working his ass off since the day he got to auburn.

Archived