Baseball @ Vandy Doubleheader

Ballgame. Auburn falls, 5-2, 23-31, 8-20 SEC. Second game starts 6:30. 9 LOB for AU, but hey, no errors, so...improvement?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do appreciate the updates SC. thanks..

p.s. I didnt know the two players had been suspended? Any reason given? I assume it is for 1 game?

I do appreciate the updates SC. thanks..

p.s. I didnt know the two players had been suspended? Any reason given? I assume it is for 1 game?

Violation of team rules & No word if it's 1 game or both.

Auburn already in a hole, 3-0 after one. Lipscomb was pulled after giving up a walk (who thankfully got caught stealing), HBP, HR, single. Terrible start. Klobosits in, but the tone for this game is already set so I'm gonna check out and enjoy my Thursday evening.

Auburn already in a hole, 3-0 after one. Lipscomb was pulled after giving up a walk (who thankfully got caught stealing), HBP, HR, single. Terrible start. Klobosits in, but the tone for this game is already set so I'm gonna check out and enjoy my Thursday evening.

Oh well....maybe watch some softball and see what the field looks like in other parts of the country. Mizz regional was underway before I stopped for supper....looks like all of them are trying to avoid weather issues over the weekend.

These games have become scripts. I can tell you what's going to happen just about in every inning, and many times it either consists of us failing to convert on an opportunity, making an error on defense, or having a big play taken away from us by an outstanding, top 10-worthy play by the other team. Our inability to score runs is unfathomable and this attitude of what seems like no confidence is so frustrating. These same guys went to a regional, they can obviously do it! Why is there this sense of inability and being the lesser team?? Go play a game with nothing to lose and play to win! Don't play to NOT LOSE!!!!!

It happens in all sports. They know that they are losing...most of the time. And toward the end of the season, the mental part of being strong and ready just is not there. So you see inconsistencies especially in hitting. IN the first game..there were many innings we had a runner at third and only one out or no outs and NEVER got that one run in. So they just think..here we go again.

This team lost that edge weeks ago...and it is hard for a coach to instill it or force it. He is a first year HC and all of these guys have not been to war with him..

It just happens...

Daniel Robert on the mound tonight.....

Hard to understand...didn't expect us to beat Vandy but they have a pitiful offense with only three solid hitters and we managed to pretty much let their 1-2-3 batters beat us....but interesting that we are still in the SEC hunt.

Lipscomb threw just a handful of pitches last night....any chance he could start again today?

Hard to understand...didn't expect us to beat Vandy but they have a pitiful offense with only three solid hitters and we managed to pretty much let their 1-2-3 batters beat us....but interesting that we are still in the SEC hunt.

Lipscomb threw just a handful of pitches last night....any chance he could start again today?

Game's Saturday I think, 64. I guess there's a chance, but regardless he'll definitely be fresh from the bullpen. The best case scenario would probably be a Mize start, hopefully 5-6 quality innings, and a Lipscomb back end finish.

LOL. Vanderbilt steals home off Camp pitching from the windup. 4-2 Vanderbilt.

I swear. We started teaching kids to stop doing this at around age 14 or so.

Game's Saturday I think, 64. I guess there's a chance, but regardless he'll definitely be fresh from the bullpen. The best case scenario would probably be a Mize start, hopefully 5-6 quality innings, and a Lipscomb back end finish.

Saturday? OK....after the DH I just figured they were eager to get the season done with.

As for the pitching...that sounds promising......could be a pretty good situation if we are able to get a few runs.

No & no game today. Game 3 is tomorrow. Casey Mize will get his usual game 3 start.

Saturday? OK....after the DH I just figured they were eager to get the season done with.

They played 2 yesterday moving the Friday game up because all the rain they are supposed to have in Nashville tonyght

Tennessee just beat UGA with a 3 run rally in the 9th tying AU for 12th. AU has the tie breaker. If AU loses tomorrow which seems the most possible outcome then they will need UTk & Arky to lose out or UTk lose, Arky win, & LSU finish higher than Ole Miss in the final SEC standings.

Tennessee just beat UGA with a 3 run rally in the 9th tying AU for 12th. AU has the tie breaker. If AU loses tomorrow which seems the most possible outcome then they will need UTk & Arky to lose out or UTk lose, Arky win, & LSU finish higher than Ole Miss in the final SEC standings.

Arkansas did part of their job by losing 5-1 to MSU tonight

LOL. Vanderbilt steals home off Camp pitching from the windup. 4-2 Vanderbilt.

Vandy pulled a triple steal on that play.

I have played and or watched that game for over 40 years. I have been a part of 3 triple plays. I had never seen a triple steal until today.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/05/20/179162924/video-vanderbilt-commodores-pulled-off-rare-triple-steal-in-a-game?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link (video for those who haven't seen it yet)

Arkansas did part of their job by losing 5-1 to MSU tonight

As did LSU & the Rebs by winning & losing respectively. Arky is officially eliminated. It's down to AU & UTk even if there is a 3 way tie.

Archived