Roc Thomas transferring to JSU

I just read this whole thread... And man oh man is this going to be a looooooooooong offseason.

Lol. Be glad you missed the one up all day yesterday then that was zapped.

We as a fan base honestly might be one of the most doom and gloom and delusional fan bases in the world. Roc leaving doesn't have anything to do with our RB depth. Losing Tim Irvin doesn't hurt us right now either. There are still questions about next year's team, but my goodness we're going to win some freaking games next year y'all. Step off the ledge.

It's truly irritating how some of these people's minds operate.

At least we aren't Baylor.

Our new hashtag. #atleastwearen'tBaylor

Roc ' s leaving? #atleastwearen'tBaylor

All our QBs suck? #atleastwearen'tBaylor

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate to hear that Roc is leaving Auburn for JSU. Malzahn never gave Roc is fair chance to be our #1 running back.

Best of luck Roc and I'm sorry Gus didn't treat you better.

God bless you.

Malzahn never gave Roc is fair chance to be our #1 running back.

Never gave him his fair chance? That's just all sorts of wrong.

I really hate to hear that Roc is leaving Auburn for JSU. Malzahn never gave Roc is fair chance to be our #1 running back.

God bless you.

Complete and utter horsecrap.

Gus gave Roc all the chance in the world. He either got hurt, fumbled some, or simply didnt have the power to run through tackles like JR and others. He was going to be the change of pace and was going to be used more for his pass catching ability, which was very good.

He evidently wants to be the #1 back, and he wasnt going to have that opportunity till next year now. And even then, he might have been !-a with MM getting the nod. Gus likes to play multiple backs at first, but once the season gets going he rides one stud (Tre, Artis-payne, and last year Jovon and Barber). This year it looks like Jovon and Miller.

Don't blame him leaving..but dont blame Gus for Roc Leaving...not this time.

God bless you.

*SMDH :ucrazy:

I always saw Roc as a clone of Cadillac. A bit undersized as a featured back, 5-star, had the moves, good speed, great vision. The difference in Cadillac producing and Roc not producing is the coaching philosophy and execution of the respective offenses. Cadillac played under Mazzone, Nallsminger, and Borges, all 3 OC's who were under the Tuberville directive to pound-pound-pound the ball. With big beefus O-lines and the COMMITMENT to feed him the ball 20-30 x per game when healthy, Cadillac ultimately flourished and set records. However, I believe the same commitment was not made to Roc because of Gus's HUNH system. I think Gus has been flummoxed big-time the last couple of years for a laundry list of reasons, and unfortunately, the lack of commitment to feature Roc has kinda been collateral damage to the flummoxiness.

Then again, maybe Roc has just been too injury prone and/or had too many turnovers to gain coaches' trust?? Either way, Godspeed Mr. Thomas! Stay healthy and clean up D1AA.

When Cadillac ran the ball I always sensed that something good was going to happen (break a tackle, juke a defender, etc.) not so much with Roc. Wasn't Jax St the school that he made an 11th hour recruiting visit to (some said it was a pledge he had made to the coach)? or am I mixing him up with another multi-star recruit? Hate to see him leave though, regardless.

I always saw Roc as a clone of Cadillac. A bit undersized as a featured back, 5-star, had the moves, good speed, great vision. The difference in Cadillac producing and Roc not producing is the coaching philosophy and execution of the respective offenses. Cadillac played under Mazzone, Nallsminger, and Borges, all 3 OC's who were under the Tuberville directive to pound-pound-pound the ball. With big beefus O-lines and the COMMITMENT to feed him the ball 20-30 x per game when healthy, Cadillac ultimately flourished and set records. However, I believe the same commitment was not made to Roc because of Gus's HUNH system. I think Gus has been flummoxed big-time the last couple of years for a laundry list of reasons, and unfortunately, the lack of commitment to feature Roc has kinda been collateral damage to the flummoxiness.

Then again, maybe Roc has just been too injury prone and/or had too many turnovers to gain coaches' trust?? Either way, Godspeed Mr. Thomas! Stay healthy and clean up D1AA.

When Cadillac ran the ball I always sensed that something good was going to happen (break a tackle, juke a defender, etc.) not so much with Roc. Wasn't Jax St the school that he made an 11th hour recruiting visit to (some said it was a pledge he had made to the coach)? or am I mixing him up with another multi-star recruit? Hate to see him leave though, regardless.

Yes. His high school coach had just got the job as JSU HC and Roc went on an OV to support one of their big recruiting weekends.

Definitely the best option for his career. I love the potential this man has and I hope he gets in the league.

not a better option than doing what it takes to take over the #1 spot after JR leaves? Potential wise, Roc has more of a chance than anyone else on the roster. Or developing into a solid player at the slot/o-Mac role

But if he can't survive a season being the number 1 back in the sec than I really doubt he will the NFL

God bless you.

Complete and utter horsecrap.

Yep. Like most of his posts

Honestly I hope he changes his mind and stays this is a Marcus Dupree move in my opinion. Exposure against better talent and not backing down from competition is a plus in my book. I hope its not a done deal.

Ok I'm being funny with the post. No seriousness to it at all.

But ,lol, since we have tried to get all these qb's to transfer in let's go get a running back.

I don't care if any player leaves but Roc I thought had some promise. He reminded me of Cadillac Williams. He has ties to Jax St but, I believe it to be best for him to stay. He would be our legit #1 back next year. Not to mention an injury or suspension away from being that this year.

I don't care if any player leaves but Roc I thought had some promise. He reminded me of Cadillac Williams. He has ties to Jax St but, I believe it to be best for him to stay. He would be our legit #1 back next year. Not to mention an injury or suspension away from being that this year.

Why are you counting out KJ? He beat out Roc last year as a true freshman. I fully expect KJ to be the feature back in the 2017 season, barring a sophomore slump or injury.

Why are you counting out KJ? He beat out Roc last year as a true freshman. I fully expect KJ to be the feature back in the 2017 season, barring a sophomore slump or injury.

Hadn't forgot about him, the battle would be between them. Yes, Gus likes one main feature back but realistically we don't want to rely solely on just Roc or just KJ to get us through a full season. Quality depth is a real concern if he leaves.

God bless you.

That's quite a bit of horse crap even for you and your constantly ridiculous posts. That's about as far from clueless as you could get.

Hadn't forgot about him, the battle would be between them. Yes, Gus likes one main feature back but realistically we don't want to rely solely on just Roc or just KJ to get us through a full season. Quality depth is a real concern if he leaves.

And for all we know Malik Miller, Pettway, and Cox could all fill out the depth chart nicely. We didn't see Cox and Pettway much at all last season carrying the ball, but they seemed pretty impressive during A Day. They must be making an impression on the coaches as well. I think the depth question is nothing but right now.

But I don't doubt that Roc has the potential, athletically to be swapping in and out. I just don't think he can carry the load like Barber or Robinson could/can. Barber wasn't impressive as far as athleticism is concerned, but he was as resilient as any RB I've seen.

Sorry that it did not work for Roc! Maybe we made the stage for Eli look too big?

I can see confusion for a young man given the Eli worship. Hell I would transfer just on what has been posted about Eli versus Roc.

Archived