Roc Thomas transferring to JSU

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with him leaving no sense of urgency, no feeling of OMG we are screwed. Basically I have no feeling what so ever. I see a player leaving who has under achieved, who has not hustled and who has no concept of being a team player.

He wasn't going to be the man at running back. The chances are good he would half Azz it in the slot because it's not what he wanted to do. And ultimately he might become a poison to the the team.

He is definitely not the link which will make or break this years team.

Yeah we will be lucky to grab anyone out of Oxford though especially if he goes and is successful at Jacksonville.. People will say don't go to Auburn because they can't even utilize 5Stars.

^^^Agreed. I'd be shocked if Gus makes it to 2017. I just don't see him being the long term answer. Hopefully there's not too many coaching changes this offseason--less competition, and all.

It's amazing that for an "offensive genius" we have maybe one big star on offense (JR). At least we have a veteran line.

I'm not saying you're a turd, but you have more than a few turd-like tendencies. And don't give us the I'm-just-a-realist line.

This might hurt JJ's Heisman chances. Who's going to catch the 4-6 RB screen passes Gus likes to call each game?

JF3&out will after he loses the QB battle.

This isn't good. Too many sunshine pumpers on here trying to spin it like we'll be straight or he wasn't that good. That's just ridiculous. He was going to have an impact on our offense, was a big weapon that we under utilized. This impacts recruiting as well.

Keep sunshining away though!

This is idiotic. He was not under utilized, he was under productive. We tried every way in the book to allow Roc to take the starting role and get him the ball. Frankly, we stuck with him too long when other backs were clearly more effective when they had their shots. The move to a speed back/slot WR role was an effort to get him on the field this year even though he's clearly not a RB1 in this league.

He had the potential to have an impact in this offense. There is zero evidence thus far that he was going to.

I have no problem with him leaving no sense of urgency, no feeling of OMG we are screwed. Basically I have no feeling what so ever. I see a player leaving who has under achieved, who has not hustled and who has no concept of being a team player.

He wasn't going to be the man at running back. The chances are good he would half Azz it in the slot because it's not what he wanted to do. And ultimately he might become a poison to the the team.

Yeah we will be lucky to grab anyone out of Oxford though especially if he goes and is successful at Jacksonville.. People will say don't go to Auburn because they can't even utilize 5Stars.

I guess people can say what they want but if the 5* can't break in to the line-up..... is that AU's fault?

There is /was a good role for him in the AU offense but he apparently was not willing to accept it. He was not going to be the primary RB this year...and likely never.

If his dream is to be the primary RB, then moving to JSU is a good move for him....a top notch program and less competition at the RB position....and the OVC is not the SEC...

A guy has to pursue his dream.....hope he does well at JSU.

For getting so few touches, he actually did well.

43 attempts both years, 5.0YPC as a fresh, 6.1 as a soph.. 2 biggest games as far as carries were Jack State and LSU. Also caught for like 180 more yards on just a few more targets his 2nd year.

This isn't good. Too many sunshine pumpers on here trying to spin it like we'll be straight or he wasn't that good. That's just ridiculous. He was going to have an impact on our offense, was a big weapon that we under utilized. This impacts recruiting as well.

This is idiotic. He was not under utilized, he was under productive. We tried every way in the book to allow Roc to take the starting role and get him the ball. Frankly, we stuck with him too long when other backs were clearly more effective when they had their shots. The move to a speed back/slot WR role was an effort to get him on the field this year even though he's clearly not a RB1 in this league.

He had the potential to have an impact in this offense. There is zero evidence thus far that he was going to.

Whatever man. You are the one being idiotic. He was under utilized his whole time. We are thin at running back now.Losing a a weapon like Roc is idiotic. Keep sunshine pumping.

Sometimes, 5-stars don't pan out. (Remember Leon Hart?) Sometimes, 2 and 3 stars turn out to be great players. Recruiting rankings are not perfect and are based largely on potential.

The guy was an injury prone bust in my opinion. I feel sorry for him, but I'm glad he's getting released since he doesn't want to play.

I guess people can say what they want but if the 5* can't break in to the line-up..... is that AU's fault?

There is /was a good role for him in the AU offense but he apparently was not willing to accept it. He was not going to be the primary RB this year...and likely never.

If his dream is to be the primary RB, then moving to JSU is a good move for him....a top notch program and less competition at the RB position....and the OVC is not the SEC...

A guy has to pursue his dream.....hope he does well at JSU.

Yeah. No doubt..wish him the best.

The guy was an injury prone bust in my opinion. I feel sorry for him, but I'm glad he's getting released since he doesn't want to play.

Pffffff.

Sometimes, 5-stars don't pan out. (Remember Leon Hart?) Sometimes, 2 and 3 stars turn out to be great players. Recruiting rankings are not perfect and are based largely on potential.

But we were actually winning games when Leon Hart was not panning out.

Whatever man. You are the one being idiotic. He was under utilized his whole time. We are thin at running back now.Losing a a weapon like Roc is idiotic. Keep sunshine pumping.

Whatever nothing. You have nothing beyond his high school film to make such a ludicrous claim. People were scratching their heads wondering why he kept being given so many chances when he was clearly not as effective as Barber or Robinson. His play has been characterized by underachievement, not under utilization. You're just stubbornly insisting on a particular take with him because it backs the narrative you wish to believe.

Whatever nothing. You have nothing beyond his high school film to make such a ludicrous claim. People were scratching their heads wondering why he kept being given so many chances when he was clearly not as effective as Barber or Robinson. His play has been characterized by underachievement, not under utilization. You're just stubbornly insisting on a particular take with him because it backs the narrative you wish to believe.

Yeah I would transfer too if I'm constantly watching my offensive genius go out and lose games. To think that he wasn't weapon or to think this doesn't hurt our line up is ignorance.We'll have a guy who will be really good in Jovon..behind him we'll have a running back coming off shoulder surgery after him and a true freshman when he's gone.

Might wanna go rewatch some film there Titan. Robinson yes, but Barber never shown he was better than Roc at anything that involved making yards.... other than not fumbling, I know Barber's got heart, but not talent.

People are too quick to judge him because he was supposed to be all-world as a true fresh. He got better his soph year and will likely improve more.

Might wanna go rewatch some film there Titan. Robinson yes, but Barber never shown he was better than Roc at anything that involved making yards.... other than not fumbling, I know Barber's got heart, but not talent.

People are too quick to judge him because he was supposed to be all-world as a true fresh. He got better his soph year and will likely improve more.

I've watched the film. Roc showed flashes. He's certainly more physically talented. But Barber was more effective and it's not even close. He rarely fumbled, he almost always got positive yards. He kept drives alive. And that's why Barber started getting more carries. The coaches wanted Roc to be the guy because he's a home run threat with his speed and Barber was clearly a workhorse type back. But it never materialized and that is on Roc, not Gus.

People here do realize that Roc was not going to be a TB anymore? Maybe a carry or two a game max. Could Roc feel in if there is a injury? Sure. But other than that Roc was not going to be a factor at TB.

Writing was on wall. Roc had his shots to be "the guy" at RB; heck, even Kerryon passed him in that role.

Jovon is poised to have a monster year. Just keeping it real, this does not cause any kind of problems unless injuries mount.

Yeah I would transfer too if I'm constantly watching my offensive genius go out and lose games. To think that he wasn't weapon or to think this doesn't hurt our line up is ignorance.

No, it's based on fact. Anyone with two eyes can see Roc has the physical tools to be a weapon. But those same eyes will tell you he wasn't making it happen on the field. If Barber had half of Roc's speed, he'd have racked up 1500 yds easy because Barber was getting it done on the field with no where near Roc's ability.

We'll have a guy who will be really good in Jovon..behind him we'll have a running back coming off shoulder surgery after him and a true freshman when he's gone.

All true. But that doesn't change the fact that other than for depth purposes, Roc hasn't shown that he was ever going to develop into a RB1 in this league. Potential != production.

Writing was on wall. Roc had his shots; Kerryon passed him. Jovon is poised to have a monster year. Just keeping it real, this does not cause any kind of problems unless injuries mount.

Roc was going to get his touches in the slot. And his homerun threat will be missed. But all the gashing of teeth about Roc, Javon & KJ is silly. Roc had been moved to the slot position.

Writing was on wall. Roc had his shots; Kerryon passed him. Jovon is poised to have a monster year. Just keeping it real, this does not cause any kind of problems unless injuries mount.

Roc was going to get his touches in the slot. And his homerun threat will be missed. But all the gashing of teeth about Roc, Javon & KJ is silly. Roc had been moved to the slot position.

He wanted to be a feature back - that just wasn't his skill set.

Archived