Roc Thomas transferring to JSU

We do lose that one talent of RT...the ability to take it all the way to the EZ. No one on this team has that speed. We have Jovon and Miller as power backs, Petway and Cox as FBs who will now run some at TB too i think, and Kerryon J, who will be our quickest back, but i dont think has the speed of Roc to take it all the way on one carry.

But true Roc was not going to get many carries, but be the slot WR and swing back out of the backfield.

ANd i wouldnt doubt that his old high school HC, who is now the HC and Jax St told him he would be the feature back now. He will get more exposure..and hope he does well...

There are plenty of guys on this team with better speed. Stanton Tuitt is a freak beast of speed. Go watch the GA state track meet videos on you tube and see him destroy folks. He is not a skinny kid either. He is put together. The team has lots of talent. The problem is we never allow our talent to shine until it is too late. Every school in the conference plays stud freshman every year with the exception of Gus.

Kerryon Johnson played plenty last season as a true Freshman.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do lose that one talent of RT...the ability to take it all the way to the EZ. No one on this team has that speed. We have Jovon and Miller as power backs, Petway and Cox as FBs who will now run some at TB too i think, and Kerryon J, who will be our quickest back, but i dont think has the speed of Roc to take it all the way on one carry.

But true Roc was not going to get many carries, but be the slot WR and swing back out of the backfield.

ANd i wouldnt doubt that his old high school HC, who is now the HC and Jax St told him he would be the feature back now. He will get more exposure..and hope he does well...

There are plenty of guys on this team with better speed. Stanton Tuitt is a freak beast of speed. Go watch the GA state track meet videos on you tube and see him destroy folks. He is not a skinny kid either. He is put together. The team has lots of talent. The problem is we never allow our talent to shine until it is too late. Every school in the conference plays stud freshman every year with the exception of Gus.

Dyer, Lawson, Adams & Johnson say hello!

Yes you are correct but we have had a ton of kids who come here as studs and never gain traction. I mean a ton.

It always amazes me that so many people think of things so mutually exclusive. See, Roc is both a special talent with good hands and a solid running back--and he's also frequently injured, fumbled at bad times, and lower on our depth chart.

Many many players in college football have high hopes but don't develop. That's not exclusive to Auburn.

Good luck to the young man. It's my opinion that his decision is short sided. He has a future in the slot as a hybrid player in the NFL, but he doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar as an exclusive RB.

Guy wants to play at JSU...great. We will miss him but next man up, and certainly some talent on our existing team to step up in his place.

Roc actually didn't fumble that much compared to other great backs. His fumbles were in very bad spots though causing his fumbles to be remembered over his other characteristics.

Well that and his lack of hustle and game awareness on that swing pass vs Alabama. Total brainfart or lack of effort, depending on how much of a cynic you are.

Roc was a true freshman playing in a game he had no business being in.

It was Game 12 on the schedule and he'd played in several games that year already, including every prior SEC game but one. It doesn't take a master's degree or a senior's experience level to know that you go jump on that ball just in case it was a lateral. They teach that from at least junior high football on up.

Someone rush to the Panthers GM and tell them Cam needs starting time taken away from him then.

Roc actually didn't fumble that much compared to other great backs. His fumbles were in very bad spots though causing his fumbles to be remembered over his other characteristics.

Well that and his lack of hustle and game awareness on that swing pass vs Alabama. Total brainfart or lack of effort, depending on how much of a cynic you are.

It was Game 12 on the schedule and he'd played in several games that year already, including every prior SEC game but one. It doesn't take a master's degree or a senior's experience level to know that you go jump on that ball just in case it was a lateral. They teach that from at least junior high football on up.

Someone rush to the Panthers GM and tell them Cam needs starting time taken away from him then.

If that was the only short coming he would have played more.

Thanks for reminding me of that play

Can actually looked liked he knew to get on the ball but he didn't want to get hurt ;(

Yes you are correct but we have had a ton of kids who come here as studs and never gain traction. I mean a ton.

So does every school

It always amazes me that so many people think of things so mutually exclusive. See, Roc is both a special talent with good hands and a solid running back--and he's also frequently injured, fumbled at bad times, and lower on our depth chart.

Many many players in college football have high hopes but don't develop. That's not exclusive to Auburn.

Good luck to the young man. It's my opinion that his decision is short sided. He has a future in the slot as a hybrid player in the NFL, but he doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar as an exclusive RB.

Guy wants to play at JSU...great. We will miss him but next man up, and certainly some talent on our existing team to step up in his place.

This. A million times, this.

Talent does not equal production.

You sure you didn't read between the right lines? I mean he may transfer so clearly he's a horrible person....

Nobody is saying that so stop over dramatizing for no reason.

Saying he's all me first and selfish and he has built himself up in his mind is generally saying that. It's pretty much saying all he care for is himself and he's delusional and all that is said just because he may transfer. It definitely doesn't make him sound like a good person. To try to comment on his character in any way without knowing him is stupid. Maybe you should try to correct that, and we'll be fine if you don't try to tell me what to do period. Thanks.

This. A million times, this.

Talent does not equal production.

My thing is there is ALWAYS more talent. And we can ALWAYS say that one guy doesn't stop the team. But that doesn't mean dude sucks. IMO he showed more than enough on big plays alone that if he can stay healthy he's an impact player. And that's with having mediocre qb's last year. But I certainly can see why people can be frustrated with injuries.

Everybody knows that I think sw is an average qb at best so far, but I tell you what if he left the team right now I would panic a little. I'd think we're screwed. Even though he was hurt and I think played just ok this year. I know this year he could be much better and may not get hurt this year. He showed some promise to hope at least

Best post of this thread.

And lastly this goes back to my point on how it actually sucks to be a 5 star guy or a hyped up guy and playing football. How many times do you see people comment on rankings and such when things look down? You never see a prospect mention his ranking but to have it carries such a burden. Meanwhile that kid that's not ranked can just play special teams and make 3 tackles the entire year but he's the board and fan base favorite.

This is why I worry for my cousin who plays basketball for Tennessee. I know he's mentally tough but at the same time I know it's something he j has to go through that none of us has ever experienced.

It's a burden but people look at it like it's a pass. It's pretty much a scarlet letter to make everybody jealous of you

You sure you didn't read between the right lines? I mean he may transfer so clearly he's a horrible person....

Saying he's all me first and selfish and he has built himself up in his mind is generally saying that. It's pretty much saying all he care for is himself and he's delusional and all that is said just because he may transfer. It definitely doesn't make him sound like a good person. To try to comment on his character in any way without knowing him is stupid. Maybe you should try to correct that, and we'll be fine if you don't try to tell me what to do period. Thanks.

It's easy to argue when you mischaracterize and reframe someone's comments to fit your argument. Maybe there's some immaturity tempered by the unreasonably high expectations that come with being a 5 star. This is a sports forum where folks opine on what role might best get one to the NFL. No one has said he's a horrible person.

Ok. Saying he's a selfish delusional me first prima donna is saying he's a great person. Saying anything negative about his persona when you don't know him is stupid don't care who has anything to say about it

Ok. Saying he's a selfish delusional me first prima donna is saying he's a great person. Saying anything negative about his persona when you don't know him is stupid don't care who has anything to say about it

You have a handful of arguments you insist on making and forcing facts into those narratives. I've said what I have to say about that and don't plan on wasting more time getting drawn into your whiny, immature crap today. Which, btw, does not mean I think you're a horrible person. ;)

1. No it doesn't. Most all humans have those characteristics at various points some times but there are many good people out there.

2. No it's not. A few connected people know what's apparently going on and have posted their thoughts. Others are making judgements off of that.

3. I never commented on his character so you may want to direct that to someone who has.

4. Honestly I don't care if we are fine. When you have a thought or opinion you are closed minded about it & not willing to listen to other perspective. It doesn't make you a bad person. It's just who you are. And you are right. I should not try to give you advice because you just don't listen.

On Roc, he's going to do whatever he believes is in his best interest and there is nothing wrong with that just like there is nothing wrong with people believing it's not in his best interest.

It's only May................................Thank god May is almost over.

May be a good idea to lock this thread Golf. Roc has over 2 months til he has to make a decision & Gus apparently is still trying to get him to stay.

1. No it doesn't. Most all humans have those characteristics at various points some times but there are many good people out there.

2. No it's not. A few connected people know what's apparently going on and have posted their thoughts. Others are making judgements off of that.

3. I never commented on his character so you may want to direct that to someone who has.

4. Honestly I don't care if we are fine. When you have a thought or opinion you are closed minded about it & not willing to listen to other perspective. It doesn't make you a bad person. It's just who you are. And you are right. I should not try to give you advice because you just don't listen.

This what you love to do nobody said you commented anything. Nobody directed anything to you. You just literally want attention. You could've easily not said anything to me and I wouldn't have said anything to you. And LMAO at you saying that was giving advice

And what type of person are you? You are open minded? Or do you stand on what you say like everybody else? I say you're the latter

You have a handful of arguments you insist on making and forcing facts into those narratives. I've said what I have to say about that and don't plan on wasting more time getting drawn into your whiny, immature crap today. Which, btw, does not mean I think you're a horrible person. ;)/>

Ok cool I'd prefer not to argue and deal with your inferiority complex so we agree to disagree

You have a handful of arguments you insist on making and forcing facts into those narratives. I've said what I have to say about that and don't plan on wasting more time getting drawn into your whiny, immature crap today. Which, btw, does not mean I think you're a horrible person. ;)/>

Ok cool I'd prefer not to argue and deal with your inferiority complex so we agree to disagree

Okay, Trump. ;)

Okay, Trump. ;)/>

Cool. But this will be the last one with you, I know how important the last word is to you. I still love you though :)

Archived