Roc Thomas transferring to JSU

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So - is this fact or still speculation? I cant even tell.

Fact. But nothing has been made official yet.

Thanks. Hate to see an in-state kid go, but at least it is to my hometown Gamecocks! He should absolutely kill it in the OVC.

Roc could kill it in the SEC playing the slot position. I for one hope Gus can talk Roc into staying. Don't think Roc is with AU in the fall. IMO anyways. Stays or goes AU will be ok. Sucks from a depth point of view.

I agree 100% about killing it in the slot. I had expected to see him have a breakout year this year.

We had what, 3 passing touchdowns in ADay, right? Roc was one of them. If he scores 1/3 of our passing touchdowns all year people would pay attention to him.

This is all in his head- he wants to be a #1 running back. He's not there yet, if ever, but he's built himself up to be a 5 Star Mr Alabama football phenom. If his 'me' mentality can't let go, then let HIM go.

Lol. You know me has a me first attitude huh? Smh I don't know if I would want me kid playing D1 ball. I'd be in jail if I heard people attacking my kid's character.

I don't care if any player leaves but Roc I thought had some promise. He reminded me of Cadillac Williams. He has ties to Jax St but, I believe it to be best for him to stay. He would be our legit #1 back next year. Not to mention an injury or suspension away from being that this year.

Why are you counting out KJ? He beat out Roc last year as a true freshman. I fully expect KJ to be the feature back in the 2017 season, barring a sophomore slump or injury.

Hadn't forgot about him, the battle would be between them. Yes, Gus likes one main feature back but realistically we don't want to rely solely on just Roc or just KJ to get us through a full season. Quality depth is a real concern if he leaves.

And for all we know Malik Miller, Pettway, and Cox could all fill out the depth chart nicely. We didn't see Cox and Pettway much at all last season carrying the ball, but they seemed pretty impressive during A Day. They must be making an impression on the coaches as well. I think the depth question is nothing but right now.

But I don't doubt that Roc has the potential, athletically to be swapping in and out. I just don't think he can carry the load like Barber or Robinson could/can. Barber wasn't impressive as far as athleticism is concerned, but he was as resilient as any RB I've seen.

I don't see Pettway and Cox as running backs but what I think Gus is doing there is giving different looks. Normally those guys are always blockers so if they can get some legit looks (like we saw in the spring) it will cause the defense to refocus its attention instead of keying in on the running back, every play. (Which we saw last year)

Lol. You know me has a me first attitude huh? Smh I don't know if I would want me kid playing D1 ball. I'd be in jail if I heard people attacking my kid's character.

It's pretty clear based on what we're reading and reading between the lines that he's all about some him.

And people will attack your kid's character. It's what people do. It's how you react that teaches the real lesson.

Definitely the best option for his career. I love the potential this man has and I hope he gets in the league.

not a better option than doing what it takes to take over the #1 spot after JR leaves? Potential wise, Roc has more of a chance than anyone else on the roster. Or developing into a solid player at the slot/o-Mac role

But if he can't survive a season being the number 1 back in the sec than I really doubt he will the NFL

So take the chance of starting your last year after riding the bench 3 straight years or go somewhere you know you're gonna start?

HMM

Because that's how you teach your kid to have character, right? lol.

Because that's how you teach your kid to have character, right? lol.

I'm sure you're the perfect guy to raise kids. You and your kids came talk down on people because you're angry that you can't be in their position lol. Oh and I thought you had me on ignore? Notice I NEVER initiate any contact with you

Roc's a good kid... a very humble kid. If he leaves, it's not because he's a "me" guy. It will be because it is in the best interest for his future.

For that, I can't blame him.

But, for everybody who's saying he's selfish, arrogant, whatever... you're dead wrong! Because that couldn't be farther from the truth!

You sure you didn't read between the right lines? I mean he may transfer so clearly he's a horrible person....

I would love a credible source to confirm this and make it official instead of depending on hearsay.

Roc Thomas is a hell of a lot better than a lot of you clueless clowns want to admit.

He can also play RB.

Me and meta agreeing once again. Dude really knows football

Roc Thomas is a hell of a lot better than a lot of you clueless clowns want to admit.

He can also play RB.

Maybe he is...just not seen it yet. Jovon is a far better running back imo

He can also play RB.

Me and meta agreeing once again. Dude really knows football

im in too. He was the bright spot for the spring game to me. I have always thought he was close to " breaking out" but I don't blame coaches. He is still young. Maybe Gus does talk him back in. Promise him the first touch of the Clemson game..

Definitely the best option for his career. I love the potential this man has and I hope he gets in the league.

not a better option than doing what it takes to take over the #1 spot after JR leaves? Potential wise, Roc has more of a chance than anyone else on the roster. Or developing into a solid player at the slot/o-Mac role

But if he can't survive a season being the number 1 back in the sec than I really doubt he will the NFL

So take the chance of starting your last year after riding the bench 3 straight years or go somewhere you know you're gonna start?

HMM

In a role that won't get you to the NFL as opposed to a role at AU that would show the best of what he could do in the NFL. Re-HMMM back at ya.

You sure you didn't read between the right lines? I mean he may transfer so clearly he's a horrible person....

Nobody is saying that so stop over dramatizing for no reason.

I think most fans like Roc quite a bit and would rather see him stay on and be a weapon in this offense. However, it's his decision. Best of luck to him. No hard feelings.

I think most fans like Roc quite a bit and would rather see him stay on and be a weapon in this offense. However, it's his decision. Best of luck to him. No hard feelings.

Yup. I would be shocked if there was an AU fan who didn't think Roc could be a major weapon at AU in a Darren Sproles type role for us.

We do lose that one talent of RT...the ability to take it all the way to the EZ. No one on this team has that speed. We have Jovon and Miller as power backs, Petway and Cox as FBs who will now run some at TB too i think, and Kerryon J, who will be our quickest back, but i dont think has the speed of Roc to take it all the way on one carry.

But true Roc was not going to get many carries, but be the slot WR and swing back out of the backfield.

ANd i wouldnt doubt that his old high school HC, who is now the HC and Jax St told him he would be the feature back now. He will get more exposure..and hope he does well...

There are plenty of guys on this team with better speed. Stanton Tuitt is a freak beast of speed. Go watch the GA state track meet videos on you tube and see him destroy folks. He is not a skinny kid either. He is put together. The team has lots of talent. The problem is we never allow our talent to shine until it is too late. Every school in the conference plays stud freshman every year with the exception of Gus.

Archived