Euro soccer championship

aucanucktiger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

86th minute. Still tied.

Ronaldo has the likely game winner fed to him on a platter and completely whiffs the ball. Portugal has been pressing hard.

WHIFFED it. I wonder how you say schadenfreude in Portuguese...

Not sure, but the translation back to English is "The world hates Ronaldo!"

Nailed it

Portugal wins on pks 5-3.

Rats. Hate that I couldn't watch. Friggin JCAHO just left this afternoon. Without them around I could at least have had it on in the background.

Belgium v Wales tomorrow at 2 pm (central). Should Belgium win (and I think they will), the semifinal will be between Portugal and Belgium...2 teams we didn't beat in the World Cup. Then they have a chance of playing Germany in the final should they win the next two (and I think they will). That would make all 3 teams we didn't beat in the World Cup. Makes it kind of painful to watch...but at the same time feel less badly about our results in the WC.

Have faith in Bales Wales.

bale2-e1465243600574.jpg?w=960

I would love a Ronaldo vs. Bale matchup.

I'm fine with any matchup that gets Ronaldo crying like the baby he is. I'm not discounting Wales, I just think Belgium has the better chance at wining the game. But, the way this Euro has gone, that may not mean much.

Ref just literally let a foul go, called it advantage after Wales had a hard foul on Belgium and then kept the ball. The ref called freaking advantage for the team that committed the foul! Then Wales nearly scored on the same play barring a great save. Unbelievably bad call.

Halftime 1-1. Both teams playing well. Wales moving the ball very well. Wales also playing quite rough. 3 yellow cards for 3 intentional fouls. Belgium playing good D with quick counterattacks. Should be a good second half.

Missed the 1st 20 minutes of the second half..2-1 Wales...How'd it happen?

Pretty nice goal. Taken down the right wing, crossed in to Robson Kanu pretty much on the spot, he does a sweet Cruyff-esque turn and buries it in the upper left 90.

Pretty nice goal. Taken down the right wing, crossed in to Robson Kanu pretty much on the spot, he does a sweet Cruyff-esque turn and buries it in the upper left 90.

Just watched the replay. Pretty nice.

Clear foul at the top of the box on Wales. No call. This ref is special. Refuses to call meaningful fouls properly, yet gives yellow cards for fouls half that of what he doesn't call. Mind boggling.

Man... rough day for Belgium's central defense.

Not having Kompany really hurts them back there.

Man... rough day for Belgium's central defense.

Agreed. Wales has played one of their better all time games. It was a nice goal they had there. The only part that bothers me is that they shouldn't have had the ball there to begin with. Won't matter. They win by 2 so the one goal didn't affect the outcome.

Funny that you compared it to Cruyff because ESPN phrased it "channeling his inner Cruyff" a few moments ago.

Germany and Italy are going to penalties.

Archived