Euro soccer championship

aucanucktiger

There will be many #brexit jokes on the interweb this afternoon. Wish I could have watched. I know England dominated possession.

Woy Hodgson has no business being manager of a team that talented, of a nation with arguably the deepest talent pool to draw from.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least a failed British leader knows when to call it quits .

That might be something we ought to consider more frequently in this country also.

At least a failed British leader knows when to call it quits .

That might be something we ought to consider more frequently in this country also.

The defeat is arguably the most embarrassing in England’s history and this was his 3rd crack at a major tournament. It was time to go.

EDIT: And it was really more of a "You can't fire me! I quit!" move.

I know the population of Iceland has been compared to many things during this tournament. One of the more interesting to me was Madison County. The country and the county are about the same, as are Huntsville and Reykjavik.

Also, Iceland's tackle in the box on that England counter was unreal.

also they said that Rhode Island has more registered soccer players than Iceland!

I know the population of Iceland has been compared to many things during this tournament. One of the more interesting to me was Madison County. The country and the county are about the same, as are Huntsville and Reykjavik.

also they said that Rhode Island has more registered soccer players than Iceland!

Iceland has one big advantage: More UEFA qualified coaches per player than any other. The pool is extremely shallow but extremely well coached. By some measures they're the best pound-for-pound soccer nation on earth, given their FIFA ranking and the fact that their population is 100,000 fewer than the city of Atlanta.

Iceland has one big advantage: More UEFA qualified coaches per player than any other. The pool is extremely shallow but extremely well coached. By some measures they're the best pound-for-pound soccer nation on earth, given their FIFA ranking and the fact that their population is 100,000 fewer than the city of Atlanta.

So you're saying we should fire the German and hire an Icelandic? I could dig it :P

So you're saying we should fire the German and hire an Icelandic? I could dig it :P

It's the youth level I'm talking about.

Here in America ... all the best soccer coaches have some sort of foreign accent ... you know how you can tell they are the best ... just ask them ... (umm, yes. this is dripping with sarcasm)

Poland looks to be far better organized than Portugal thus far (27th minute 1-0 Poland). Ronaldo may as well be a ghost. Just randomly runs around hoping the ball falls into his lap. He makes good chances out of little, but isn't much of a creator.

Just watched Ronaldo, in the middle of an ongoing attack for Portugal, throw up his hands and storm off like a little baby because someone dared to pass the ball to someone other than him.

Anyone see where he threw the reporters mic in a lake recently for daring to ask him a question? Embarrassment to the sport iyam

86th minute. Still tied.

Ronaldo has the likely game winner fed to him on a platter and completely whiffs the ball. Portugal has been pressing hard.

WHIFFED it. I wonder how you say schadenfreude in Portuguese...

86th minute. Still tied.

Ronaldo has the likely game winner fed to him on a platter and completely whiffs the ball. Portugal has been pressing hard.

WHIFFED it. I wonder how you say schadenfreude in Portuguese...

Not sure, but the translation back to English is "The world hates Ronaldo!"

Archived