AU SEC in 60

tigerbrotha12

Watching on SEC Network right now. Interesting to go back and watch highlights of season. Certainly feels a lot worse in the middle of it but the team did some very good things last year. Two SEC road wins, an ever-improving defense, and close games all around. Also interesting to watch the progression of Jeremy Johnson and Sean White. I think White has all the tools we need to be successful, but man it looks like Jersmy could truly be great if he could just figure it out upstairs. Seemed only inches away last year at points. I hope we see some great football this year from our Tigers.

Definitely Looking forward to watching the defense next year. It might be one of the few bright spots.

I watched that last night too. The two things that stood out to me were how great jovon was despite his limited time and how good sean white was. He moved the ball great we had no way of punching it in from the redzone. Watch Miss State, Ark, Kentucky, Ole Miss games- all four should've been wins. Instead we're 1-3 in those games. If we pull those out our record goes from 6-6 to 9-3. Crazy.

I watched that last night too. The two things that stood out to me were how great jovon was despite his limited time and how good sean white was. He moved the ball great we had no way of punching it in from the redzone. Watch Miss State, Ark, Kentucky, Ole Miss games- all four should've been wins. Instead we're 1-3 in those games. If we pull those out our record goes from 6-6 to 9-3. Crazy.

This is a problem that has to get fixed. Teams now know if they shorten the field on us they get an advantage because Gus/Rhett have very little in their arsenal to work with to get us into the endzone.

This is a problem that has to get fixed. Teams now know if they shorten the field on us they get an advantage because Gus/Rhett have very little in their arsenal to work with to get us into the endzone.

Hopefully with an improved O-line and Jovon, that will change this season.

Yep we need a tight-end or full back to catch/extra blocker.

We need a red zone passing attack.  Last year all we had was a rollout which never worked.  If the defense knows you're either running up the middle or kerryon is running it in from the wildcat then it's not hard to stop you.  Biggest thing I took from last night was how inexperienced we were.  Reminded me of 2012 when it didn't seem like anyone had a strong grasp on what they were doing all the time.  2013 turned out pretty good.

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

We need a red zone passing attack.  Last year all we had was a rollout which never worked.  If the defense knows you're either running up the middle or kerryon is running it in from the wildcat then it's not hard to stop you.  Biggest thing I took from last night was how inexperienced we were.  Reminded me of 2012 when it didn't seem like anyone had a strong grasp on what they were doing all the time.  2013 turned out pretty good.

That's part of the beauty of it. We were extremely inexperienced. It should pay dividends if not this season then the next. But QB play is paramount to our success. If we don't find good QB play we are going to be in for another frustrating season.

Yep.  Last season we had a completely new backfield, center, and te.  This season we'll have new Wrs and lbs but I don't see a big drop off in either or these units.  I think LBs could be the best we've had in years.  Seems like in Gus's offense we only need one big play receiver and the rest are just role players.  Adams in 2010, Blake 2011, Sammie in 2013, Sammie and Duke in 14, and Ricardo in 15.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Yep.  Last season we had a completely new backfield, center, and te.  This season we'll have new Wrs and lbs but I don't see a big drop off in either or these units.  I think LBs could be the best we've had in years.  Seems like in Gus's offense we only need one big play receiver and the rest are just role players.  Adams in 2010, Blake 2011, Sammie in 2013, Sammie and Duke in 14, and Ricardo in 15.

I think you'll find that is because we've only ever had one big play receiver (or at least one that was healthy) for most of Gus's tenure.  If we had more than one it would be very advantageous, because the D wouldn't key on that single player. Look how much more effective Sammy was when Duke was opposite him in 2014.  I would argue that, if Sammy had stayed one more year, we would have ended with a better record.

Archived