2016 Fall Camp - Practice 9 (Scrimmage #2)

RunInRed

18 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Always good to read some optimism. Apparently it was a rough outing for SW and Franklin...maybe the defense gave them hell today, which can be read many ways. Very interested to see how they both respond.

Yep, sounds like the difference between the last one and this scrimmage for SW is maybe the D went more aggressive, Man to man and blitzed and basically took away the pass and his strengths forcing us to run just like the D's we will face will do against SW maybe?

So SW and the O will have to adjust to that, If we were Vanilla on the O... then we HAVE to be more creative with play calls to counter what the opposing D's are gonna do to us with SW as QB. Receivers need to get open and make some plays maybe break something especially if they go Man to man on us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

KP is going to be good. And to be fair the offense was vanilla. Boring vanilla. 

Much like the entire 2015 season vanilla?  

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

JF3 fumbled and there's no contact?  Oh boy...

Not surprising if you look at how he ran with the ball in the documentary 

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You've got to run before you crawl 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

JF3 fumbled and there's no contact?  Oh boy...

Go to :50 seconds. Probably the exact same thing, except he actually recovered it. Hoping you were being sarcastic.

• Like 1

Just now, auskip07 said:

Not surprising if you look at how he ran with the ball in the documentary 

I didn't see it (don't have Netflix & don't like "reality shows") but is he really that bad with ball security?  That's too bad because I'm one of those who feels he's the type of QB who makes Gus' offense run best.  That's too bad...

27 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This looks pretty spot on. I would give KP a little more credit, I think he has a chance to be good. Him and KJ could be a hell of a duo.

Blitzing in a practice scrimmage?  Is that even fair? :dunno:

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Go to :50 seconds. Probably the exact same thing, except he actually recovered it. Hoping you were being sarcastic.

A little facetious, yes.  But on a serious note, I'm REALLY pulling for JF3 to be the guy because I firmly believe he's the type of QB AU needs (as I just said in another post).

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hope we see a smarter SW in the redzone. The play at the fifty second mark leads me to believe it will be the same old note different verse though.

Edited by aujeff11

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I hope we don't have see a smarter SW in the redzone. The play at the fifty second mark leads me to believe it will be the same old note different verse though.

because players dont improve? 

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

because players dont improve? 

Well from the end of last year to A-day it didn't. Am I supposed to believe it will this season? Did I insinuate players don't improve?

Edited by aujeff11

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Well from the end of last year to A day it didn't. Am I supposed to believe it will?

It was a rhetorical question.      But you can believe anything you want. 

Put all five QB's (including the walk on and the freshman) in blue jerseys and make them live.  Blitz the crap out of them on defense and let natural selection sort the decision out for you.  Hopefully GM and RL have a real idea of what they are gonna do because time is fast running out.  The longer they go without a starter, the fewer reps he will have to get better and gel with the offense.  This situation sounds pitiful from anybody that was there and is commenting on it.

• Like 5

Just now, auskip07 said:

It was a rhetorical question.      But you can believe anything you want. 

Didn't seem rhetorical but I'm like a younger E. It seemed  like you implied that I said that. Like I said though, I hope SW improves and gets smarter in the red zone.

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Put all five QB's (including the walk on and the freshman) in blue jerseys and make them live.  Blitz the crap out of them on defense and let natural selection sort the decision out for you.  Hopefully GM and RL have a real idea of what they are gonna do because time is fast running out.  The longer they go without a starter, the fewer reps he will have to get better and gel with the offense.  This situation sounds pitiful from anybody that was there and is commenting on it.

the situation is pitiful, and its not the fault of the QB's....there is no excuse for not having a legitimate SEC quality QB....

At this point I don't see how Jeremy doesn't start. Sean's throwing consistency...isn't there to say the least, he's small, and can't run. JF3's about the same size and can't pass. Jeremy's pretty much what we got here. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

At this point I don't see how Jeremy doesn't start. Sean's throwing consistency...isn't there to say the least, he's small, and can't run. JF3's about the same size and can't pass. Jeremy's pretty much what we got here. 

Jeremy didn't even practice today for other reasons than injury.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Jeremy didn't even practice today for other reasons than injury.

As soon as you deliver me a source I'll trust you 

If you can't, I can just as easily say that he didn't because its already over. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

1 minute ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Is that a guess?

I heard that Gus only wanted to get information on Sean and JF3. Am I making this stuff up?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I heard that Gus only wanted to get information on Sean and JF3. Am I making this stuff up?

No, just thought you were potentially hinting at another problem beyond the hand injury that was mentioned.  Forgot that he mentioned wanting to focus on Sean/JF3. 

Edited by Woodstock Tiger

48 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wait for it.........it's only August.

wde

For the past decade all we ever read is how great the offense did and this guy had an 80 yard play. i find it refreshing that our defense is actually doing well. Gus always has an offense thats good enough to win, it always the defense that lets us down. 

• Like 1