2016 Fall Camp - Practice 9 (Scrimmage #2)

RunInRed

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I refuse to concede that an Auburn team with one of the most expensive staffs period, coming off of several top 10 classes, is at MAX a 7 win season. That's just disgusting and disheartening to hear.

might want to think that out before getting too defiant about conceding....i don't expect to win over 5 games and i am not sure where the 5th one is coming from, to be honest about it...yep, i am disgusted and discouraged because i can see where the problem lies and i don't expect it to get fixed for at least two years

Edited by tombigbeetiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

might want to think that out before getting too defiant about conceding....i don't expect to win over 5 games and i am not sure where the 5th one is coming from, to be hinest

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine...delusional, but a bright ray of sunshine nonetheless. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I refuse to concede that an Auburn team with one of the most expensive staffs period, coming off of several top 10 classes, is at MAX a 7 win season. That's just disgusting and disheartening to hear.

I mean you don't have to concede it. However, it is a real possibility based on all the unproven areas we have on this team. Not explicitly talking about you, but I think it is going to be a punch in the mouth for a few around here, if and when, the season does not meet the certain expectations we are accustomed to. I personally think at the very least, we should ,at the minimum, be an 8 win team, with our lowest of lows being 6-7 wins. I don't think it is ever as bad as it ever seems (2012), but I also do not believe that we should be giving the benefit of a doubt to a shaky offense or bad QB play, with two weeks give or take, spared before the season opener. If we were playing an okay team to begin the season, then I would be like "Okay, we have time to work the kinks out." We are about to play the National runner-ups, returning possibly the best QB in the nation on prime time T.V. If we are not prepared, we will get embarrassed out there.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

might want to think that out before getting too defiant about conceding....i don't expect to win over 5 games and i am not sure where the 5th one is coming from, to be honest about it...yep, i am disgusted and discouraged because i can see where the problem lies and i don't expect it to get fixed for at least two years

That's you. If he gets five wins, he's gone period. There is not a foreseeable way in the darkest part of this universe that we keep a guy that has 3 years of sub 4 wins in this conference. Especially a five win season. Goodness

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean you don't have to concede it. However, it is a real possibility based on all the unproven areas we have on this team. Not explicitly talking about you, but I think it is going to be a punch in the mouth for a few around here, if and when, the season does not meet the certain expectations we are accustomed to. I personally think at the very least, we should ,at the minimum, be an 8 win team, with our lowest of lows being 6-7 wins. I don't think it is ever as bad as it ever seems (2012), but I also do not believe that we should be giving the benefit of a doubt to a shaky offense or bad QB play, with two weeks give or take, spared before the season opener. If we were playing an okay team to begin the season, then I would be like "Okay, we have time to work the kinks out." We are about to play the National runner-ups, returning possibly the best QB in the nation on prime time T.V. If we are not prepared, we will get embarrassed out there.

Sounds like everybody top to bottom is prepared except the QB. We've won an incredible amount with a QB named later than this. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Sounds like everybody top to bottom is prepared except the QB. We've won an incredible amount with a QB named later than this. 

I hope you are right. Like I said in my previous posts, we have a lot of question marks, all over the field. QB is just the easiest target to pick out.

59 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

I preface this by saying "with all due respect" but where is the problem you see..

Just now, DAG said:

I hope you are right. Like I said in my previous posts, we have a lot of question marks, all over the field. QB is just the easiest target to pick out.

Receivers: Davis, Stove, Stevens. That's 3 right there that can start

LB: Atkinson, Neal, McMillian 

DB: got a bit more shaky w/o Dean but we have 4 DBs with Carlton, Holsey, Matthews, and Ford. Javarius Davis seems to be making strides...

Seems alright to me 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Receivers: Davis, Stove, Stevens. That's 3 right there that can start

LB: Atkinson, Neal, McMillian 

DB: got a bit more shaky w/o Dean but we have 4 DBs with Carlton, Holsey, Matthews, and Ford. Javarius Davis seems to be making strides...

Seems alright to me 

I think we have a lot of talent, especially on the defensive end. The only issue is a lot of those guys are unproven. I know what our secondary can do. I know there is a good chance we will have a strong special teams core. We have good individuals on the D-line, but I need to see how they play and produce as a unit before I crown them. A lot of talent at the WR end, but again pretty unproven. Also, it will be interesting to see the chemistry between them and the chosen QB. I am excited to see how KP plays between the tackle, but he is also a wildcard. 

So, yes the talent and potential are there, but we have never lacked talent and potential. Time to produce.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

If we have the same level of QB play as last year the end result will be the same with maybe getting 1 additional win. If we just get competent QB play similar to a Chris Todd we win 9-10 games easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tombigbeetiger said:

its standing on the sideline wearing a visor

Way off on this comment in my opinion.  He's back coaching and not administering which is his strength. 

Y'all are some depressing peoole. I come lurking to get some good info about practice and I end up leaving  feeling like nothing but doom and gloom. Jeesh peeps, let's have a wait and see approach instead of throwing in the towel before the fight even starts. War Eagle!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Y'all are some depressing peoole. I come lurking to get some good info about practice and I end up leaving  feeling like nothing but doom and gloom. Jeesh peeps, let's have a wait and see approach instead of throwing in the towel before the fight even starts. War Eagle!

You shouldnt feel doom and gloom. The only people projecting that feeling are ignorant and have zero inside information on whats going on. If people woke up, took the info at face value without projecting their own feelings on the situation this board would be a lot happier. 90% of the posts on this thread use the same faulty logic that the other person who they disagreed with used but cant shut up long enough to realize hes just as wrong.

We may win 7 games with a hard schedule but we could come together and win it all. I dont think we will know exactly what we have until the lights come on and how good we can be until at least a few games in

3 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

I'm as hard on Gus as anyone but 5 wins

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm as hard on Gus as anyone but 5 wins

okay golf, look at the schedule and give me more than 5 wins......i see 3 OC and vandy and moo state in conference, and i am not  overly confident about vandy and moo state.....do you think we beat clemson?...lsu ? georgia? updykes? ole miss? texas A&M?....arkie?....ain't no way without a QB and very average runningbacks...not to mention two new OT's.....factor in coach doublebubbles bizarre playcalling and red zone woes, and all i see is 5

13 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

okay golf, look at the schedule and give me more than 5 wins......i see 3 OC and vandy and moo state in conference, and i am not  overly confident about vandy and moo state.....do you think we beat clemson?...lsu ? georgia? updykes? ole miss? texas A&M?....arkie?....ain't no way without a QB and very average runningbacks...not to mention two new OT's.....factor in coach doublebubbles bizarre playcalling and red zone woes, and all i see is 5

for starters TAMU and UGA. If we have decent QB play we beat Ole Miss and the rest are 50/50. Tell me again how many games we lost by 10 points or less LAST year with terrible QB play

Edited by JMassie11

The only way an unproven guy can prove himself is by playing in a game. A lot of teams in the SEC have unproven talent, players, etc. Low expectations are one thing but when they lack logic it puzzles me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

if a football forum thread leaves you feeling doom and gloom, then maybe you need to reconsider your priorities. 

On August 13, 2016 at 9:19 PM, DAG said:

It shouldn't be this way. I am hoping for the best this year, but based on what is going on at the QB position, I am prepping for the worst. I still say we should get at least 7 wins.

At first like many others I thought that jfIII would be the man. Now it's up in the air....all we need is above average qb play...all three SHOULD display but :dunno: we'll see

3 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

If we have the same level of QB play as last year the end result will be the same with maybe getting 1 additional win. If we just get competent QB play similar to a Chris Todd we win 9-10 games easy.

Malzahn and Lashlee make how many millions of dollars a year combined and we're hoping and praying that we get Chris Todd level of play from the QB position. Let that sink in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

Malzahn and Lashlee make how many millions of dollars a year combined and we're hoping and praying that we get Chris Todd level of play from the QB position. Let that sink in.

I honestly saw that and just scrolled down..excuse the fact that he said we would get 9-10 games EASY. It has never been easy in this division, including when we went on our NC runs.

Edited by DAG

We need to bring back that coach who took a 3-9 team and turned them into a 12-2 team.  Is he available?  Aside from a loss to the #1 team on the road, a fumbled snap, and shootout against Bama on the road his next team wasn't terrible either.  The only real black eye was the UGA game that year.  Maybe we'll get him back after we get rid of Gus 

15 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

You mean 2600 yds, 60 pct completion , 22 tds to 6 ints? Yea I'll take that

• Like 1