2016 Fall Camp - Practice 9 (Scrimmage #2)

RunInRed

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

There are members of this board whom I wonder if they ever get any pleasure out of Auburn football. 

You have to keep in mind, some people actually get pleasure from misery.  It's actually a growing segment of our population.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You have to keep in mind, some people actually get pleasure from misery.  It's actually a growing segment of our population.

Last night, Simone Biles- greatest gymnast ever and delightful young American- won another gold medal. Today, stories about Gabby Douglas getting twitter shamed dominated sports outlets.

Also, Justin Gatlin came in 2nd to the greatest sprinter of all time- by far- in the 100 meter. Today, the narrative is that he couldn't overcome his history of failed drug tests.

It's a sad state of affairs.

19 days til football...

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chimesAU said:

I'm glad I have you around to post for me.

I wasn't saying that Chris Todd was awful or garbage. Like DAG said, he was sufficient. He wasn't going to go out and win us a bunch of games or singlehandedly lose them either. He had a noodle arm but did the best he could with what he had. And to those of you who say we're absolutely staaacckkkeedd this year and just need "meh" at QB to dominate the west, y'all really do undervalue the offensive talent on that 2009 team. Gus would probably give his left kidney for Tate and Adams to walk back through that door.

Clearly, we are just some hating individuals...

2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

I started lurking here in 2013 to have people to share my excitement with.  After last year I realized I had a super negative view on Auburn football that I've never had before and it made me check myself.  Just have to put blinders on for certain people, I use the "ignore" users a lot.

Still a great forum though.  Makes it easy to stay up to date and keep up with recruiting.

It's best to mainly visit the forum DURING the season.  That way everybody here has actual game experience and stats to back-up their misery.  HEY HEY!  :rimshot:

Seriously, though, there usually is more negative stuff during the off-season and right before the season.  Then, after toe actually meets leather, things start to even out more as EVERYBODY is a little more realistic.

Edited by AUsince72

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

It's best to mainly visit the forum DURING the season.  That way everybody here has actual game experience and stats to back-up their misery.  HEY HEY!  :rimshot:

Seriously, though, there usually is more negative stuff during the off-season and right before the season.  Then, after toe actually meets leather, things start to even out more as EVERYBODY is a little more realistic.

Except during games... Stay far away during games.  The sky is falling crowd LOVES to post during a game.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Except during games... Stay far away during games.  The sky is falling crowd LOVES to post during a game.

OH, you're right about that!!!!  I get worked up enough just watching the game at home, by myself, with my own thoughts....

I stumbled across an in-game thread once and WOW!!!  Never again!

• Like 1

I don't understand why anyone would even post during a game.  I like watching with as few distractions as possible. I'm sure as heck not going to run to the computer during commercials or be sitting with a tablet or laptop in front of the TV. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I don't understand why anyone would even post during a game.  I like watching with as few distractions as possible. I'm sure as heck not going to run to the computer during commercials or be sitting with a tablet or laptop in front of the TV. 

I don't know...considering there is two minutes of dead time for every minute of live time in a game on the tube, it's either do something like comment on the game along the way or else fall asleep during the commercial. 

And by reading the posts,  you get to know who are the real experts on this site because they always have a better play or scheme in mind than do the AU coaches.   I'm sure JJ is keeping a list of those names so that when a coaching opening comes up he knows where to find folks who can get it done at AU.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I personally don't like checking any electronic device during games, but it's pretty easy to quickly post from your phone. No need to a tablet or computer.

And for some that live away, it's the only way to watch with other AU fans.  It used to be very enjoyable. That said, the enjoyment recently has been darkened by the incessant bitching by many throughout the game day threads.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I agree. Alcoholic beverages, snacks, & edge of my seat are all I need to watch Auburn. Other games I can interact with the outside world no problems.

Besides the gameday threads are a cesspool.