Colin Kaepernick answers his critics

aujeff11

4 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

There are multiple links that could be provided to support his discussion from news sources. 

Ftr, I deleted the post you quoted quickly, because I didn't like it. Your post is shameful even with your justification unless you have news links to support what you said. Of course, you have always been a self appointed pontificator around here. How's your "Christian" thing going? At least you donxt bible thump much anymore. 

Multiple links, LOL.  Sure, in the echo chamber.

Here in reality though,

http://www.snopes.com/colin-kaepernick-converts-to-islam/

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Your mother is a whore.

Actually my mother has been dead for 36 years but way to go low. :hellyeah:There's a lot more evidence supporting the rumors about CK than supports calling my mother a whore. Especially on what you've called in criticizing one of my harmless posts...a "family site". Hypocrite much, Titan?

Just now, TheBlueVue said:

Actually my mother has been dead for 36 years but way to go low. :hellyeah:There's a lot more evidence supporting the rumors about CK than supports calling my mother a whore. Especially on what you've called in criticizing one of my harmless posts...a "family site". Hypocrite much, Titan?

It's pathetic that this would have to be explained.  I thought the penny would drop on its own, but I gave you and others here too much credit.  Allow me to type slowly:

I don't actually think your mother is/was a whore.  I don't know her.  She might have been a saint.

It was satire to forcefully make a point.  It was intended to shock to show the inanity this mode of argumentation.  The point was simply to slap you and others out of this tactic where you take rank gossip, run with it as if it's true, then build an argument on it.  If you can float this crap out there, we can float anything out there.  So stop it.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

While I agree that Titan's post was uncalled for, I can not agree that there is any "more" evidence to support the rumors.  

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's pathetic that this would have to be explained.  I thought the penny would drop on its own, but I gave you and others here too much credit.  Allow me to type slowly:

I don't actually think your mother is/was a whore.  I don't know her.  She might have been a saint.

It was satire to forcefully make a point.  It was intended to shock to show the inanity this mode of argumentation.  The point was simply to slap you and others out of this tactic where you take rank gossip, run with it as if it's true, then build an argument on it.  If you can float this crap out there, we can float anything out there.  So stop it.

I couldn't GAS less what you think. You have a demonstrated tendency to lean on the power of being a moderator. You remind me of Barney Fife, bro.

And I can't claim credit for this retort being original to me.  This actually happened in a college class where a discussion of the DaVinci Code book by Dan Brown came up.  If you aren't familiar with it, it's a poorly written book with a story predicated on numerous falsehoods, rumors and other rank speculations about Christianity and the Catholic Church.  When some students started throwing out some of the garbage from it in this class discussion, it was pointed out that all those conspiracy theories and rumors were either completely discredited or there was zero evidence for them.

Despite this being explained to him, one of the students said something like, "Well, it may or may not be true, but it's interesting to consider."  And another student shot back, "Your mother is a whore."  After a pregnant pause for the shock to register he continued, "It may or may not be true, but it's interesting to consider."

Lesson imparted.

1 minute ago, TheBlueVue said:

I couldn't GAS less what you think. You have a demonstrated tendency to lean on the power of being a moderator. You remind me of Barney Fife, bro.

I'm sorry that I gave you more credit than was warranted.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Dude, your rationalization has been noted. You really should drop this and let it go away. You can't defense the indefensible.we know you believe you can do no wrong. It is noted. 

Now, go gind someome witha deadgranny or spouse orpet orchild that you canuse to make another "justified" point with while using horrifically bad taste. 

You just passed ichy and auusn in one post. Lol 

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And I can't claim credit for this retort being original to me.  This actually happened in a college class where a discussion of the DaVinci Code book by Dan Brown came up.  If you aren't familiar with it, it's a poorly written book with a story predicated on numerous falsehoods, rumors and other rank speculations about Christianity and the Catholic Church.  When some students started throwing out some of the garbage from it in this class discussion, it was pointed out that all those conspiracy theories and rumors were either completely discredited or there was zero evidence for them.  And one of the students said something like, "Well, it may or may not be true, but it's interesting to consider."  And another student shot back, "Your mother is a whore."  After a pregnant pause for the shock to register he continued, "It may or may not be true, but it's interesting to consider."

Lesson imparted.

*snicker*  A schoolkid did it, so it's okay, lol. Good stuff titan. 

2 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Actually, he is a very good moderator.  You posted crap.  It invited critique.  You should be accountable.  

I do think mothers, children, wives, etc. should be left out of these petty discussions.

1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

Dude, your rationalization has been noted. You really should drop this and let it go away. You can't defense the indefensible.we know you believe you can do no wrong. It is noted. 

I think it's entirely defensible and don't really care what you think of it.

Now, go gind someome witha deadgranny or spouse orpet orchild that you canuse to make another "justified" point with while using horrifically bad taste. 

Try not to think so much.  It doesn't suit you.

Humorless windbag. 

3 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

You want to lecture on civility?   I'm not sure if that is more hypocritical or hilarious.

I think it's entirely defensible and don't really care what you think of it.

Try not to think so much.  It doesn't suit you.

No doubt you'd revert to insults now. Share this story at church. Keep rationalizing though, it'a all you have. 

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You want to lecture on civility?   I'm not sure if that is more hypocritical or hilarious.

Thuh ironee is eben ticker wif ur post. Titan like it dough.

4 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

No doubt you'd revert to insults now. Share this story at church. Keep rationalizing though, it'a all you have. 

Gladly.  I go to church with smart people.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I've shared that college classroom story with them before.  They understand satirical rhetoric to underline a point.

7 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Humorless windbag. 

I've been lqtm through tbis entire thread, we just don't share the humor here. This forum is nothing but close minded windbags icymi. 

I've been lqtm through tbis entire thread, we just don't share the humor here. This forum is nothing but close minded windbags icymi. 

Hypersensitive to the point of hilarity. lol

Gladly.  I go to church with smart people.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I've shared that college classroom story with them before.  They understand satirical rhetoric to underline a point.

Make sure you include the part about his long dead mother. I understand your "deep thoughts and reasoning", I just think it was in very poor taste. You inyellectual elite are so smart, it is amazing!

Make sure you include the part about his long dead mother. I understand your "deep thoughts and reasoning", I just think it was in very poor taste. You inyellectual elite are so smart, it is amazing!

I'm reminded of this thread.

11 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

You deserve to be insulted.  Your punkish manner invites, begs, for insults.  

You are the typical bully/crybaby.  You're a punk.

Yes, because painfully obvious, un-serious posts to illustrate the error of running with rank speculation as if it were fact is only allowable if the people still alive.

What's funny is, there's virtually a 100% chance that if I'd chosen to use that against one of the resident liberals here for running with some rumor about Trump or Bush or Reagan, the same people wetting their diapers would be laughing.  Because anyone with half a brain cell in operation knew that I was not seriously making such an argument.

But anyway, I'm done discussing it with you.  Ramble on til you're blue in the face if you like though.

Archived