Colin Kaepernick answers his critics

aujeff11

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

p. 7:  No doubt the liberals on this board would be falling over each other to love on ck. Pack his ass up and send him to the middle east and see what he thinks about oppression over there where his new found religion rules the land. 

That is a statement about the liberals on this board, not liberalism in general. 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

That is a statement about the liberals on this board, not liberalism in general. 

Who are you talking about then?  I haven't noticed anyone "falling all over" CK.  

Got an example?

1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

I hope you pour your cereal before you realize you're out of milk.

51 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

88's just trolling.

Hardly. I'm guessing Titan's mother is still alive or he would have apologized for the reference. People who have lost their mother understand how devestating it is. There is no shame in admitting fault. 

He went for a madonna/miley cyrus moment and it failed. It doesn't matter if you have 20k posts and most are okay. 

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

I hope you pour your cereal before you realize you're out of milk.

Wow. I suppose it's too late to repair that kind of damage to our relationship? 

Just now, tiger88 said:

Hardly. I'm guessing Titan's mother is still alive or he would have apologized for the reference. People who have lost their mother understand how devestating it is. There is no shame in admitting fault. 

He went for a madonna/miley cyrus moment and it failed. It doesn't matter if you have 20k posts and most are okay. 

You mean people that have lost their mother also lose their sense of humor and turn into hypersensitive crybabies? Thank goodness 88 is here to serve as the white knight for all the offended!

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

You mean people that have lost their mother also lose their sense of humor and turn into hypersensitive crybabies? Thank goodness 88 is here to serve as the white knight for all the offended!

I'll remember this moment the next time I hear one of them call some minority group "easily offended."

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Who are you talking about then?  I haven't noticed anyone "falling all over" CK.  

Got an example?

It's a relative opinion that I don't expect you to agree with. To me it was inexcusable, therefore anyone who justifies it is spinning manure. 

3 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

It's a relative opinion that I don't expect you to agree with. To me it was inexcusable, therefore anyone who justifies it is spinning manure. 

Oh, well that totally explains it. :-\

13 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Them libturds is all ways "spinnin the ole mannuer".  That theirs some fine postin.

"Relative opinion"  LOL!  

"It was inexcusalbe"?  What is it?  Another "relative opinion"?

10 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Be better than that. 

I've seen raptor use this same tactic multiple times, he'd say either you or whoever being discussed was a rapist to make his point. Surprisingly though nobody made any uproar about it at all

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've seen raptor use this same tactic multiple times, he'd say either you or whoever being discussed was a rapist to make his point. Surprisingly though nobody made any uproar about it at all

First of all, you often make obscure, confused claims like this, but never seem to ACTUALLY offer up any evidence. I'd ask, but I know you'll feign being indignant, and claim you don't have to do what I tell you to do, even though YOU are the one making the bogus claim in the first place. 

Second of all, even if I did make some ridiculous comment, it was in response to an equally absurd , unfounded comment towards me. 

Finally, I'm not a admin / mod , who has the power to edit , delete or BAN other posters, for exactly that sort of comment. 

9 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll remember this moment the next time I hear one of them call some minority group "easily offended."

I'll "have selective memory"  the next time I hear one of them call some minority group "easily offended."

Fixed that one for you.

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane sat during the national anthem before Thursday night's preseason game against the Raiders in Oakland, California.

While there was no immediate reason given for Lane's actions, they come less than a week after San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick did the same and later said it was in protest of American racial injustice and minority oppression.

Both Kaepernick and teammate Eric Reid took a knee during the anthem before the 49ers' game against the Chargers in San Diego on Thursday night.

According to the Seattle Times, all of the other Seahawks and Raiders stood for the anthem. The Seahawks had no immediate comment on Lane's actions, the Times said.

Lane, 26, is in his fifth year with Seattle. He re-signed with the team during the offseason and is expected to start opposite Richard Sherman.

Earlier this week, Sherman was asked what he would tell a younger teammate who was thinking about following Kaepernick's lead.

"Just tell him to think about the pros and the cons," Sherman said. "Every action has an equal or greater reaction. And there's going to be criticism. There's going to be backlash. There's going to be people behind screens that will judge you, that will criticize you, that will say whatever they want about you, and you've got to be willing to deal with that

This could get interesting.  I quit watching baseball after the big strike.  Never watched the NBA because I absolutely hate BB.  Told my kids that was the only sport I would not coach or go watch them participate in.  While I have never been a huge fan of the NFL I have always watched a game or two.  Even attended when the tickets were given to me my vendors.  This issue could really have a negative impact on the business.  Honestly a good day of kayak fishing or taking a long trail run instead of having a beer in front of the TV on Sundays is equally exciting to me.  The owners of the franchises have to be nervous and they should be.  The current workers will be fine but they could be destroying the gravy train for the next generation.

The guy is literally in his work uniform(pads and jersey) and is being given a platform to spew his garbage, and faces no consequences from the 49ers or the NFL. He's being given a pass. He's so brave spreaking out when he's got nothing to lose, yet he's probably gained support within the league at least from some of the players and the league office is sitting on their hands to try and appease it because I'm guessing they've gotten wind of a possible boycott if they actually try to hand down punishment. All those participating or allowing the promotion of this divisive BS are pathetic cowards.

7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

The guy is literally in his work uniform(pads and jersey) and is being given a platform to spew his garbage, and faces no consequences from the 49ers or the NFL. He's being given a pass. He's so brave spreaking out when he's got nothing to lose, yet he's probably gained support within the league at least from some of the players and the league office is sitting on their hands to try and appease it because I'm guessing they've gotten wind of a possible boycott if they actually try to hand down punishment. All those participating or allowing the promotion of this divisive BS are pathetic cowards.

Why should someone be compelled to offer forced speech for something?  That is antithetical to the freedom that flag supposedly represents.

I know some will dismiss this out of hand, but before Barack Obama was elected, Rush Limbaugh predicted this exact thing would happen. The racial divide would get worse, not better. Contrary to what many believed , which is why so many whites voted for Obama. They wanted to send a message  to all Americans & to the world that the United States was NOT a racist nation.

How is that working out for everybody? 

10 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

On the other hand, if they allow the players to do things like this (which is disrespectful to the good cops just as much as the bad ones,) then they will lose support from boycotts as well. Given the San Fran supporters are probably fairly liberal in their social views, I'd say it's a safe place to harbor the protest. 

I saw the Kapernick interview last night, and he is talking to organizations trying to gain support( which is a good thing that he his willing to follow through)  but his message is way off track. Sometimes I don't even know what he is protesting against. At one point, he is talking about police brutality, and then five seconds later, he is talking about how on average 22 military vets commit suicide every day and so on. He needs to narrow down his message and focus acutely on the ills of the country.

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

I know some will dismiss this out of hand, but before Barack Obama was elected, Rush Limbaugh predicted this exact thing would happen. The racial divide would get worse, not better. Contrary to what many believed , which is why so many whites voted for Obama. They wanted to send a message  to all Americans & to the world that the United States was NOT a racist nation.

How is that working out for everybody? 

Wow!  So it's all Obama's fault?   Surprise, surprise!

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

:rolleyes:

Lacking context again. Trump is specifically talking about the bad policies that have made a once great country into a far lesser one.

Colin has no point. He's just hating the USA because he's a miserable , petulant jerk. 

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Why should someone be compelled to offer forced speech for something?  That is antithetical to the freedom that flag supposedly represents.

Why was Riley Cooper's n word incident treated so much differently than Kaepernick's clear mocking of police or Isaiah Crowell's cop execution picture? All incidents are offensive on some level yet only Cooper actually received any sort of punishment? I they we all know why. Race is still a double standard. A white guy gets punished saying the n word at a concert that was caught on camera and he wasn't in uniform. Yet Kapernick can be in uniform on a platform pushing his(offensive) views and promoting them without consequence from the team or the NFL. If you're just so free speech oriented and others defending Kaeprnick are as well, then you and those defending him should at least be able to acknowledge the clear double standard at play.

Archived