Colin Kaepernick answers his critics

aujeff11

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I sure wish you two would stick with issues, but I don't expect to see it happen.

Your mom is a whore. 

Wait, I can't say that... Nevermind

19 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Fat ass coward. 

I really like to think I am accepting of people that are different from me. But I have a fault. Fat people disgust me. Hopefully I offend someone and they change. Calling no one out personally because you all look the same on a computer screen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2016 at 5:52 PM, TitanTiger said:

I deleted what I thought were all the "your posts are idiotic", "no YOURS are idiotic" stuff.  

Thank you!

I appreciate your efforts.  Of course, if you intend to patrol the "Politically Speaking" forum for this sort of thing in all threads, you're biting off more than a full-time job!  But on the bright side, you'll significantly reduce the amount of space the forum takes up on your server.   ;)

7 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

http://footballscoop.com/news/dabo-swinney-speaks-players-kneeling-national-anthem/

Dabo says we don't have a race problem, we have a "sin problem."

Strangely enough this link has brought no response but I've seen this link shared at least thirty times on my Facebook news feed. I guess sharing on Facebook make you a Christisn or something. Maybe they earn ten spiritual dollars for every post that they share so they can cash in at the logical saloon every weekend?

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Strangely enough this link has brought no response but I've seen this link shared at least thirty times on my Facebook news feed. I guess sharing on Facebook make you a Christisn or something. Maybe they earn ten spiritual dollars for every post that they share so they can cash in at the logical saloon every weekend?

Well, I just read it and it was much better than I expected it to be.  Sounds like he has a good perspective for the most part even if he chooses to couch it in Christianity.  He didn't go overboard by suggesting Christianity was the solution, just a solution.  

But simply agreeing with it buys you nothing unless you walk the walk.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't care much about what Dabo says, so I didn't read the article or reply to it. But it seemed to be important to you so I read it and now comment. I agree with Dabo. Do you? It almost seems like you posted the article just so you could make fun of Christians. Is that all or do you have a larger purpose for posting it?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, I just read it and it was much better than I expected it to be.  Sounds like he has a good perspective for the most part even if he chooses to couch it in Christianity.  He didn't go overboard by suggesting Christianity was the solution, just a solution.  

But simply agreeing with it buys you nothing unless you walk the walk.

I am not sure that you understand Christianity. But I'm sure that Dabo is glad that you give him a "thumbs up" on his perspective. If you don't understand it I don't really see how you can possibly know what is overboard. But maybe you do!

What if Christianity is more than THE solution? What if it is the TRUTH? It is interesting that non-believers dislike the fact that Christianity excludes non-Christians from eternal salvation. Believe it or not, that was not a choice someone made. The truth is, by definition, exclusive. So everything that is not the truth is non-truth.

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

I don't care much about what Dabo says, so I didn't read the article or reply to it. But it seemed to be important to you so I read it and now comment. I agree with Dabo. Do you? It almost seems like you posted the article just so you could make fun of Christians. Is that all or do you have a larger purpose for posting it?

Dabo is well learned and an excellent communicator but I don't agree. He is a self made white millionaire that is telling black people how to protest. Telling them that America is great. And I don't agree that Kaepernick did it all wrong. He should've narrowed down his platform but I have no problem with his protest.if it requires a person to shake the dust out of the cushions in the middle of the living room to prove that the cushions are dirty, go for it. Lastly, I struggle to see the reasoning in bringing up MLK. MLK once said that his worst enemy was not the racists, but the "white moderates." Why? Because they were afraid of the status quo being changed. They wanted to push things off until later when MLK was screaming the time is now. I think of them when I see Dabo wanting to restrict the parameters of the protests. 

“I think the answer to our problems is exactly what they were for Martin Luther King when he changed the world. Love, peace, education, tolerance of others, Jesus,” Swinney said. “A lot of these things in this world were only a dream for Martin Luther King. Not a one-term, but a two-term African-American president. And this is a terrible country?

WTF is this? Is he saying that Black Americans  are not under oppression? And since when did tolerance of others and Jesus co exist so well? I posted the article with no mention of Christians. The second was a shot at the hypocritical ones. (Directed at nobody)Please take a bow if your biography says Christian on Facebook just because everybody does it, but also frequently puts pictures of drinking and smoking on there as well.

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

I am not sure that you understand Christianity. But I'm sure that Dabo is glad that you give him a "thumbs up" on his perspective. If you don't understand it I don't really see how you can possibly know what is overboard. But maybe you do!

What if Christianity is more than THE solution? What if it is the TRUTH? It is interesting that non-believers dislike the fact that Christianity excludes non-Christians from eternal salvation. Believe it or not, that was not a choice someone made. The truth is, by definition, exclusive. So everything that is not the truth is non-truth.

ISIS says pretty much the same thing, so that's not a standard that really moves me.

18 hours ago, Grumps said:

Christianity is the "TRUTH".  I don't believe that.  Christians and Christianity aren't Christ.  

Perhaps, understanding Christianity isn't the point.  

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Christianity is the "TRUTH".  I don't believe that.  Christians and Christianity aren't Christ.  

Perhaps, understanding Christianity isn't the point.  

Obviously it depends on you definition of "Christianity" doesn't it? So, based on your definition, you are correct and I am wrong. Thanks for the lesson in semantics. I suppose you don't think it would do any good for homer to understand Christianity either, huh?

18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Dabo is well learned and an excellent communicator but I don't agree. He is a self made white millionaire that is telling black people how to protest. Telling them that America is great. And I don't agree that Kaepernick did it all wrong. He should've narrowed down his platform but I have no problem with his protest.if it requires a person to shake the dust out of the cushions in the middle of the living room to prove that the cushions are dirty, go for it. Lastly, I struggle to see the reasoning in bringing up MLK. MLK once said that his worst enemy was not the racists, but the "white moderates." Why? Because they were afraid of the status quo being changed. They wanted to push things off until later when MLK was screaming the time is now. I think of them when I see Dabo wanting to restrict the parameters of the protests. 

“I think the answer to our problems is exactly what they were for Martin Luther King when he changed the world. Love, peace, education, tolerance of others, Jesus,” Swinney said. “A lot of these things in this world were only a dream for Martin Luther King. Not a one-term, but a two-term African-American president. And this is a terrible country?

WTF is this? Is he saying that Black Americans  are not under oppression? And since when did tolerance of others and Jesus co exist so well? I posted the article with no mention of Christians. The second was a shot at the hypocritical ones. (Directed at nobody)Please take a bow if your biography says Christian on Facebook just because everybody does it, but also frequently puts pictures of drinking and smoking on there as well.

So what do you think is the answer to our problems?

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

So what do you think is the answer to our problems?

You're painting with the same broad brush that Dabo was talking against( ironically, he was doing the same thing).

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You're painting with the same broad brush that Dabo was talking against( ironically, he was doing the same thing).

You seemed to know that Dabo was doing it wrong. I was hoping that meant that you knew the right answer.

18 minutes ago, Grumps said:

You seemed to know that Dabo was doing it wrong. I was hoping that meant that you knew the right answer.

What did I say Dabo was doing wrong? I went over every disagreement in his statement. You should be able to be less vague. 

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Obviously it depends on you definition of "Christianity" doesn't it? So, based on your definition, you are correct and I am wrong. Thanks for the lesson in semantics. I suppose you don't think it would do any good for homer to understand Christianity either, huh?

Much more than semantics.  Do you worship the church, the Bible?  Who is your god?  

I think Homer understands Christianity and Christians.  What is your point?

Perhaps understanding Christianity has little to do with having a personal relationship with Christ?

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Much more than semantics.  Do you worship the church, the Bible?  Who is your god?  

I think Homer understands Christianity and Christians.  What is your point?

Perhaps understanding Christianity has little to do with having a personal relationship with Christ?

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

Archived