Colin Kaepernick answers his critics

aujeff11

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're a dope.

They were talking about cutting him earlier this year, but once April 1st came, his salary was guaranteed and cutting him would have made no financial sense.  Then there were heated attempts to trade him away, but there wasn't any interest beyond some talks with Denver, and Denver wanted him to take a pay cut.  If it weren't for the salary cap hit the 49ers would have likely have let him go already.

Educate yourself.  The team has been trying to get rid of him for months before any of this ever happened.

I knew he'd been a flash in the pan. He's also a bad actor. I hadn't heard any of the trade talks and none of the suggestions that they would cut him until this week. I did hear an interview with Chip Kelly this week and he didn't act like they had made any kind of decision. We'll see. Funny how nobody in here talked about the possibility of him being cut before I did and now its been in the works since April. LOL

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheBlueVue said:

I knew he'd been a flash in the pan. He's also a bad actor. I hadn't heard any of the trade talks and none of the suggestions that they would cut him until this week. I did hear an interview with Chip Kelly this week and he didn't act like they had made any kind of decision. We'll see. Funny how nobody in here talked about the possibility of him being cut before I did and now its been in the works since April. LOL

No one cared enough to talk about it before now.  It's not "now it's been in the works since April."  It was in the works, period...zero to do with you bringing it up.  But there are financial considerations and after the trade talks fizzled, there was some hope that Chip Kelly's offense would revitalize his career.  But he hasn't progressed during training camp like they thought he would.

The fact that this has become such a debated and partisan topic is just a sign of how divided we have become over the past 5 or 6 years.  I think this is what he has brought awareness towards. Yeah, it's his right and no, i dont care what that guy does as long as its not against my fantasy team! This entire thing has been blown waaaay out of proportion due to black vs white and liberal vs conservative and mixed together with this lovely thing called facebook.

Just FYI - there were talks of him being cut during last season after he was benched for Blain Gabbert and, subsequently, placed on IR. He is currently working towards defining "flash in the pan". Personally, I am going to enjoy watching him this season. You know teams are going to head-hunt him.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No one cared enough to talk about it before now.  It's not "now it's been in the works since April."  It was in the works, period...zero to do with you bringing it up.  But there are financial considerations and after the trade talks fizzled, there was some hope that Chip Kelly's offense would revitalize his career.  But he hasn't progressed during training camp like they thought he would.

I'm talking about in this thread. FTW, I happen to agree he wont be cut because of his political stunt. I said as much in several posts but he did create an unnecessary distraction when the team is in final preparations for their season opener. That didn't help him. He also pissed off A LOT of their fans and that's simply not good business. Like I said, if he was a star, he might get some slack but given that he's no longer a real dual threat and he cant pass I can see why they would want to get rid of him as fast as possible.

43 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

OK that's probably because I'm looking at it from a business point of view and not a political one. Nobody GAS about CK politics but you. and a few others in here.

From a business POV, he had lost support from his team way before the stunt. If anything, the niners might need to keep him for a month or two or else they may be accused of being unsupportive of the 1st amendment. I say that knowing that people can't just say anything they want at the workplace and think they're protected. There are still workplace rules, so the NFL can cut down on the polarizing stances .

Thus is what I've been saying and Boomer Esiason just said it better than me. CP is an uninformed hypocritical ungrateful brat

“He is severely under-informed, and I welcome him to go ride in a cop car and take numerous 911 calls, going into places where guns and violence are everyday occurrences,” Esiason added. “Put on that blue (police) uniform and put the shield on and see what it’s like to put your life in harm’s way every single day, and then get back to me when you’re making $35,000 or $40,000 a year, as opposed to the $11 million he’s making

While Esiason did point out that Kaepernick is entitled to his opinion, he is incensed that the 28-year-old chose to express it at work.

“It’s an NFL football field, and he’s wearing an NFL uniform,” Esiason said. “At the end of the day, if he wants to do it in a news conference, if he wants to do it and talk about it at the ESPY’s and talk about it at an event he’s having, more power to him. Those are the places you should be doing it, like LeBron James is doing it, like Carmelo Anthony is hoping to do it.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/boomer-esiason-colin-kaepernick-‘as-disrespectful-as-any-athlete-has-ever-been’/ar-AAijLjU?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

8 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Thus is what I've been saying and Boomer Esiason just said it better than me. CP is an uninformed hypocritical ungrateful brat

“He is severely under-informed, and I welcome him to go ride in a cop car and take numerous 911 calls, going into places where guns and violence are everyday occurrences,” Esiason added. “Put on that blue (police) uniform and put the shield on and see what it’s like to put your life in harm’s way every single day, and then get back to me when you’re making $35,000 or $40,000 a year, a

10 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Put on that blue (police) uniform and put the shield on and see what it’s like to put your life in harm’s way every single day, and then get back to me when you’re making $35,000 or $40,000 a year, as opposed to the $11 million he’s making

Do I have your permission to go back to looking at the incident in a political view? Your call...

James wore a "can't breathe" shirt at work? The WNBA wore their warm ups inside out at work and gotten fined until the public backlash eliminated the fines. Many athletes protest at work. 

Esiason's argument is fine as an ex- athlete; He is not asking the right questions though. Yeah, the LEO's go out of their way and put themselves in position to where they can be harmed as a part of their daily duty. Does that mean they are above reproach when it comes to police brutality? Did Esiason even address Kaepernick's claim? Did he say anything like: "I understand the difficulties of being a LEO today, but at the same time, I also understand that the human life is precious, so any acts of police brutality is uncalled for." Sounds to me that all Esiason is saying, "don't you dare question the cops motives unless you walk in their shoes. "

No doubt the liberals on this board would be falling over each other to love on ck. Pack his ass up and send him to the middle east and see what he thinks about oppression over there where his new found religion rules the land. 

There are better ways to protest, but no one really has interest in interviewing a washed up qb after a game, so he had to get him some attention. He'll reap the karma of what he sowed. He has already said he won't stand during the military celebration in San Diego. He is just paying lip service to the military with his words. Just anothet idiot who condems all the great police work done due to a few isolated incidents. 

He is nothing but a drama queen version of one of the most unappreciative asswipes in the world. Hopelessly liberal. F@ßs his worthless existence. 

3 hours ago, tiger88 said:

No doubt the liberals on this board would be falling over each other to love on ck.

Not one person, liberal or otherwise, on this board have expressed "love" for Kaepernick.

4 hours ago, tiger88 said:

No doubt the liberals on this board would be falling over each other to love on ck. Pack his ass up and send him to the middle east and see what he thinks about oppression over there where his new found religion rules the land. 

There are better ways to protest, but no one really has interest in interviewing a washed up qb after a game, so he had to get him some attention. He'll reap the karma of what he sowed. He has already said he won't stand during the military celebration in San Diego. He is just paying lip service to the military with his words. Just anothet idiot who condems all the great police work done due to a few isolated incidents. 

He is nothing but a drama queen version of one of the most unappreciative asswipes in the world. Hopelessly liberal. F@ßs his worthless existence. 

I hate them libruls.  They is bad.  They should go to Rushia were they belong.  Cause they hate America.  They should shut there damn mouthes.  They done made me mad.  They dont no nuthin.  Blacks aint got no reason to complain.  Won of them is president.  What the hell.  Grate post.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Not one person, liberal or otherwise, on this board have expressed "love" for Kaepernick.

I must say this story gets more interesting by the day. Now it appears that CK is a pawn being used by his Communist sympathizing Muslim girlfriend. Yes, its just gossip but its not entirely implausible.

"But then about a day later, rumors began to surface that Kaepernick is in the process of converting to Islam and that his protest was perhaps influenced by his Muslim fiancee, MTV personality Nessa Diab. As I write this column, those rumors are still just rumors.

While a refusal to stand for the anthem and salute the flag conveniently fits into every Islamophobic narrative that Muslims hate America, hate Americans and hate American freedom, it is not an entirely baseless association. After all, two of the most recent and most infamous incidents in which a high-profile athlete drew the ire of angry American “patriots” over the national anthem both involved Muslim NBA players"

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/08/30/the-american-muslim-community-is-inextricably-linked-to-kaepernicks-protest/

7 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

I must say this story gets more interesting by the day. Now it appears that CK is a pawn being used by his Communist sympathizing Muslim girlfriend. Yes, its just gossip but its not entirely implausible.

"But then about a day later, rumors began to surface that Kaepernick is in the process of converting to Islam and that his protest was perhaps influenced by his Muslim fiancee, MTV personality Nessa Diab. As I write this column, those rumors are still just rumors.

While a refusal to stand for the anthem and salute the flag conveniently fits into every Islamophobic narrative that Muslims hate America, hate Americans and hate American freedom, it is not an entirely baseless association. After all, two of the most recent and most infamous incidents in which a high-profile athlete drew the ire of angry American “patriots” over the national anthem both involved Muslim NBA players"

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/08/30/the-american-muslim-community-is-inextricably-linked-to-kaepernicks-protest/

Your mother is a whore.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

I hate them libruls.  They is bad.  They should go to Rushia were they belong.  Cause they hate America.  They should shut there damn mouthes.  They done made me mad.  They dont no nuthin.  Blacks aint got no reason to complain.  Won of them is president.  What the hell.  Grate post.

The "hospital" called, your thorzine shot is ready. 

16 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

It's okay, he is an admin., lol. He might want to make sure he is vareful how he oints on this one. 

Well I'm just going on the logic of his words:  "It's just gossip, but it's not entirely implausible."

If that's our standard, I suppose we can speculate about anything.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well I'm just going on the logic of his words:  "It's just gossip, but it's not entirely implausible."

It really had to be spelled out? They don't have a satirical bone in their bodies.

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's the best example you could offer? 

SMH

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Under his standard, you could speculate anything.

There are multiple links that could be provided to support his discussion from news sources. 

Ftr, I deleted the post you quoted quickly, because I didn't like it. Your post is shameful even with your justification unless you have news links to support what you said. Of course, you have always been a self appointed pontificator around here. How's your "Christian" thing going? At least you donxt bible thump much anymore. 

Just now, tiger88 said:

There are multiple links that could be provided to support his discussion from news sources. 

There are multiple links from blogs.  That's still gossip.

Just now, tiger88 said:

Ftr, I deleted the post you quoted quickly, because I didn't like it. Your post is shameful even with your justification unless you have news links to support what you said. Of course, you have always been a self appointed pontificator around here. How's your "Christian" thing going? At least you donxt bible thump much anymore. 

Your opinion is duly noted and filed appropriately.

Archived