WKU @ uat

around4ever

Flea-flicker goes for a big gain for WKU.

Bama stripped the receiver near the end and should have fallen on it - but in trying to scoop it up, lost it. WKU ball inside the 10.

There's a horse collar rule in NCAA, right? Not sure why that wasn't called but it looks like the huge bama pass play will be negated by a holding call.

I'm floored. 

Just now, bryanlooney said:

There's a horse collar rule in NCAA, right? Not sure why that wasn't called but it looks like the huge bama pass play will be negated by a holding call.

I'm floored. 

Me too!  Stop the presses!!  uat was called for holding. 

On offense, yes.

Nice play on D, but what's with carrying the WWE championship belt looking thing on his shoulder on the sideline? Are we resorting to celebrating with props vs. WKU now, bama?

uat did get called for holding again!  Two in one half. Could it be that the SEC had enough complaints from every other team in the conference that they will call uat games straight up this season?

Only against WKU. Boost the numbers against a far inferior squad so they can point to it and say they got called just as much as anyone else.

</tinfoil>

57 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Saban ain't happy with Kiffin right now. The offense has had one decent play. 3-0

It was entertaining to watch him having a mid-level tantrum. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Horrible spot by the ref. Alabama gets the fourth down play.

Why am I still watching this game!

It was a terrible spot. They gave him a full yard. You could use the 0 in 30 to see it. I thought they would mkve it back after the review. 

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

It was a terrible spot. They gave him a full yard. You could use the 0 in 30 to see it. I thought they would mkve it back after the review. 

This happens to them all the time. It was clear from the large angle that he was short. He got lit up. He caught it short and got stopped short. Face palm

Saban's post game interview and presser will be identical to last week.  We aren't where we need to be.  We have a lot to work on.  We need to find the players who are buying into what we are trying to do.  etc.

25 minutes ago, around4ever said:

It's 31-3 with 7:00 minutes left in the game and Saban and Kiffin are still throwing bombs down the field with all starters still on the field.

Why do you suppose? Just trying to get more work. They obviously weren't in sync. The scores do not reflect how bad that offense is

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

This happens to them all the time. It was clear from the large angle that he was short. He got lit up. He caught it short and got stopped short. Face palm

I was listening to their announcer in the car and even he was surprised they got that spot.  

Hope an SEC team will expose their offensive weakness soon.  USC just flat packed it in when they found out they were playing against a big boy defense.. Most of my bammer friends were actually concerned after this game today.  

14 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Why do you suppose? Just trying to get more work. They obviously weren't in sync. The scores do not reflect how bad that offense is

Exactly Randman. The TF quarterback threw it 36 times probably by design to help him get developed and acquainted with the offense.  That's good coaching.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Exactly Randman. The TF quarterback threw it 36 times probably by design to help him get developed and acquainted with the offense.  That's good coaching.

Yep and the reason SW played as much as he did in a blow-out...he and the team needed the work now that it appears Gus has settled on an offensive scheme which I expect all of us were glad to see.  

As for uat, guess maybe Bateman's career is over now?   Dropped from starter to #3 it appears.

Archived