Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

Does anyone think we can bounce back from this season like we bounced back from 2008 and 2012?

In both of those years, Auburn got a new coach after those seasons, so maybe we could bounce back.  That would depend on who Auburn hires for their next head coach.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see if embarrassing losses in front of a half filled stadium are enough to convince the people that matter at AU that a change has to be made. 

I like how some of the people who are rallying against Petrino are willing to look the other way with Briles. What Petrino did was a personal issue, what Briles did was not only a program wide scandal, but VASTLY AGAINST REAL LAWS. I don't want Briles anywhere near our team. I feel it would be like Chizik's players times 100 in terms of off the field incidents.

28 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You have no clue to what you speak. I'll just leave it at that if you think AU has never had any "scum bag" coaches. AU is lilly-white. 

Never said we were likely white. Said we need to hire good men to lead good men. No need to twist my words. You've made it VERY clear in the past that you have no desire what so ever to make sure we hire good men when you run around calling people creed monsters. Maybe you should re read my words above and ponder the real meaning. 

Hi all...if I may:

1. Didn't Gus beat Petrino last year...with all that was going on?

2. I have 2 College-bound Daughters...in an Auburn Family...NO to Art Briles.

3. To even mention Saban...who will be giving back all that hardware when they find the links to NFL agents and his "year after year 3-deep talent"...is, well, simply not very Auburn.

4. Unfortunately, Gus / Rhett and crew cannot develop talent...and these young men deserve SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. I have never seen talented kids regress as they have under CGM. So, therein lies the problem. Sean, Jeremy, Jovon, Roc, O-Line (Braden Smith at Guard!!!!...non-first round tackles leaving early), Duke and numerous wide receivers...the list is far too long to mention. How many defections...how many times do we have to see the "culture issues".

4. Auburn is a school that, fortunately, can bring a talented, player-focused Championship coach to our sideline. The problem is, still, the old coots stuck in the 80's and the "good ole boy" network. No offense to the "Creeders" but you find the best COACH to win football games. Who develops their talent and gets the most out of players...and yes...without selling your soul to do it.

5. I hate that we are staring 3 more "rebuilding years" in the face...but with this talent...the right Coach has us actually WINNING ON OUR OWN FIELD (see 7 straight home losses...AT JORDAN-HARE!). So...whatever we need to do to get these young men a leader (attitude reflects leadership) who will make them feel like Champions, keep them at school...and help teach them to be better Football players...I say...go do it...he is out there...but we are AUBURN...we do not have to sell our souls to win!!!

War...DAMN...EAGLE!

59 minutes ago, WEGLDJ93 said:

I like how some of the people who are rallying against Petrino are willing to look the other way with Briles. What Petrino did was a personal issue, what Briles did was not only a program wide scandal, but VASTLY AGAINST REAL LAWS. I don't want Briles anywhere near our team. I feel it would be like Chizik's players times 100 in terms of off the field incidents.

Briles is far more of a scum bag than Petrino ever was.

wde

3 minutes ago, The Big Jal said:

No offense to the "Creeders" but you find the best COACH to win football games. Who develops their talent and gets the most out of players...and yes...without selling your soul to do it.

This is right with what I believe also. No one is suggesting that we just hire a good person regardless of coaching ability. We are suggesting we hire someone who is both a good person and a good coach. Gus fit that bill when he was hired (even though I thought it was a bad hire at the time).  I think his "peak" has occurred and it's time for him to go back to a smaller school. I appreciate the good things he has done here and wish him well in the future.  Let's just go get the best coach we can get who is a leader of good men. (This all assumes Gus doesn't work a miracle and turn this thing around)

Big-Jal I agree with most of your comments but I do think you can find good coaches who are also good men. I would not want Petrino or Briles with their baggage. That said it is more due to how it would hurt our students as opposed to comparing them to other coaches. There are coaches like Mark Richt, Bob Stoops and many more that have been successful without the the negatives. I don't care if the get caught occasionally with recruiting violations, that part of the process. It is the moral mistakes, and not because I think I am better than them, but because we owe it to the parents of these young players to give them good role models to supervise them. There are plenty of good options out there.

Sorry after re-reading the post I guess I really agree with most all that you said .

Instead of looking at the same tired choices we did 4 years ago- most being long shots at best- I suggest looking at all options. This means NFL. 

13 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

This is right with what I believe also. No one is suggesting that we just hire a good person regardless of coaching ability. We are suggesting we hire someone who is both a good person and a good coach. Gus fit that bill when he was hired (even though I thought it was a bad hire at the time).  I think his "peak" has occurred and it's time for him to go back to a smaller school. I appreciate the good things he has done here and wish him well in the future.  Let's just go get the best coach we can get who is a leader of good men. (This all assumes Gus doesn't work a miracle and turn this thing around)

Gus is probably the same coach he always was.   He's just not adapted to combat some of the best defensive minds in football, at any level, that happen to reside in the SEC.   His tricks are now well known and apparently he doesn't have any more. 

I agree 100% Eagle Eye...which is why I said no to Art Briles. 

There are several Coaches out there...who if given a chance at coaching the talent we have...and could recruit to Auburn as has been proven is possible...could field Championship consistency at AU.

I have defended CGM for 2 years. I can defend him no more. His play calling is bush-league...his player development is horrendous...and his ability to game-plan is non-existent.

Tired of the "we are a young offense and we need to improve" BS. Have heard it for 2 years now. 

3 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Gus is probably the same coach he always was.   He's just not adapted to combat some of the best defensive minds in football, at any level, that happen to reside in the SEC.   His tricks are now well known and apparently he doesn't have any more. 

Talking about adapting to Gus, Chief Chavis took him to the woodshed and embarrassed him in front of everyone. Gave him a class on how to game plan. 

12 hours ago, Mustprotect said:

They should be on the phone with Petrino agent right now getting the deal done before the season ends.

The problem with selling your soul to the devil is that he owns you. 

I wish we would just send Gus and Rhett packing right now.  Name Horton Temporary Head Coach, promote Hand to Offensive Coordinator and grab a QB coach, I know we haven't had one for 4  years but we could really use one.  Maybe give Nix a call to fill in for the year

Guys I am starting to get off the Bus myself...But I DO feel compelled to make this point. 

Auburn has been part of 3 National Championship games. 3 in our HISTORY. Gus was a main part of 2 of the 3. Granted he has looked oblivious the last couple seasons. But any way you slice it, we are not a part of either of those other 2 Championship appearances without Gus.

Just keep that in mind before bashing the man too much...

#ChipKelly2016

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I wish we would just send Gus and Rhett packing right now.  Name Horton Temporary Head Coach, promote Hand to Offensive Coordinator and grab a QB coach, I know we haven't had one for 4  years but we could really use one.  Maybe give Nix a call to fill in for the year

I said the same thing with Steele filling in as temporary head coach. 

1 hour ago, WEGLDJ93 said:

Forget Petrino folks. Forget Briles folks.

They are not in the conversation

11 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Dan Mullen

Don't like bumping my own post but Mullen should be considered.

DM has successfully turned around Miss St and could take the pool of talent we have and make it win.  MSt has been to a bowl game every season under Mullen except his first.  

DM is a man of excellent character and is highly respected in the SEC.  I think his record is better than Tubbs at UM.  

The next hc has to have been a successful hc at another Div 1 school, not just a coordinator.  

Btw, MStates's qbs have been good.

So ?

http://afca.com/article/article.php?id=2743

Dan Mullen Year-by-Year

2009 Mississippi State 5-7
2010 Mississippi State 9-4 Gator Bowl
2011 Mississippi State 7-6 Music City Bowl
2012 Mississippi State 8-5 Gator Bowl
2013 Mississippi State 7-6 Liberty Bowl
2014 Mississippi State 10-3 Orange Bowl
2015 Mississippi State 9-4 Belk Bowl
Total 7 seasons

12 minutes ago, BeatBama1345162851 said:

He is creating the perfect storm for a dumpster fire.   

I see a lot of smoke already.

Archived