We are going to beat Arky like we beat MSU.

AUIH1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it was last year, but the ARK game last year to me was the most disappointing game of the year...we should have won last year...how many times were we in the red zone and came out with only FG's...and then in OT, we allow them to score on a 4th down...thought we were out-coached real bad in OT and our effort wasn't there...I believe we're a lot better this year and coached especially on the defensive side...should win....

39 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

LOL, If you think the team's psychology is in any way tied to a fan boy message board, then damn you are simple. As for me being an overconfident goofball, have you read my posting history?  I will never be mistaken for a sunshine pumper.  

wde

Lol, you can't read. I didn't say anything about her team's psyche being tied to the message board. Then you had to use the "fanboy" term. (Pukes)  

What does your annoying past have to do with you being overconfident in this game? Does being a Negative Nancy mean that you can never be overconfident?

You must be drunk.  

6 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Lol, you can't read. I didn't say anything about her team's psyche being tied to the message board. Then you had to use the "fanboy" term. (Pukes)  

What does your annoying past have to do with you being overconfident in this game? Does being a Negative Nancy mean that you can never be overconfident?

You must be drunk.  

LOL. Then you tell me what my opinion of this game should be.  Should I think we are going to lose to Arky?  I will help you out beyond the Arky game.  I think we will lose to Ole Miss and spuat with uga being a huge toss up.   

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

LOL. Then you tell me what my opinion of this game should be.  Should I think we are going to lose to Arky?  I will help you out beyond the Arky game.  I think we will lose to Ole Miss and spuat with uga being a huge toss up.   

wde

I think you should drink some more and pass out. 

What a frickin' schyzo roller coaster this board is this season. 6 point loss to #2 Clemson and the world is ending, beat Miss State and the sky's the limit. 

13 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

What a frickin' schyzo roller coaster this board is this season. 6 point loss to #2 Clemson and the world is ending, beat Miss State and the sky's the limit. 

Some of us knew that the sky wasn't falling with Clemson, or aTm for that matter, and that this team had a chance to be really, really, really good.  It's not that yet, but it still has a chance. Turning the offense over to Lashlee-Hand will pay unexpected dividends. And Kevin Steele is working out better than I ever would have expected. (I was kind of lightly critical.) Plus how about Travis Williams and " Wesley Crimedawg!" McGriff's linebackers and secondary?

Big win on the road in the SECW, a game in which our Tigers flexed a little muscle going up 35-0 in the first half. At any point following AU's second offensive possession did you ever feel as if AU was going to fold? Yeah. Me neither.

Arky has more offense than MSU....stopping that will be a challenge IMO.

But as someone noted earlier, this bipolar fan base goes from despair to exhilaration and back again faster than a Porsche from 0 to 60......should be an interesting two weeks of commentary as the nn's challenge the sunshine pumpers for supremacy.   The middle of the road fans are going to get whiplash watching that duel.

11 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

As for me being an overconfident goofball, have you read my posting history?  I will never be mistaken for a sunshine pumper.  

wde

I was just about to make a smartass comment on that, AUIH1. Given your predictions about Miss State and now Arky, I think you may just have to join the sunshine pumpers club.

:jossun: 

Arky should leave AU with their 3rd loss in a row. I didn't fall for that " #1's big test this weekend" crap that bspn spewed all week about bama and arky. It was just unfounded hype because a team was ranked #16 that should not have been. If we don't turn it over, I think we win handily. Not really basing this on the msu game - although I think the msu defense and DL are better than arky's - but based more on our progress on O and D.

Arkansas should be a Win. That is the bottom line. Arkansas is an average football team. Mississippi State is not a good football team. Vandy is not a good football team. These games should all be wins. This team should not have trouble moving the ball against Arkansas. There should be no reason for that. It is at home and we have two weeks prep.

Arkansas is a lot better then Miss. State. I hope Gus doesn't take his foot off the gas like he's done so many times before.

Guys, I love enthusiasm, but Arkansas isn't Mississippi State. They lost to A&M in College Station, but they also beat TCU in Fort Worth...I have every confidence that we CAN beat them badly, but I am far from expecting it. We just aren't good enough to have that mentality.

And to those suggesting this is just message board chatter and meaningless, I disagree. Message board chatter, especially at places like AUF (where it's almost exclusively one fan base), does a lot to reflect the opinion of the fans as a whole, and the fan base can make a monumental impact on home games. What if a deflected pass gets intercepted on the first drive again, except Arky puts it in the end zone? How many fans who expected a blowout are going to turn sour? How would the team respond?

I don't know. I mean, I'm always going to think Auburn has a chance, no matter what, because that's who I am (not to mention having seen far too much not to believe in AU), but I always get an uneasy feeling when I see predictions like this. 

10 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Some of us knew that the sky wasn't falling with Clemson, or aTm for that matter, and that this team had a chance to be really, really, really good.  It's not that yet, but it still has a chance. Turning the offense over to Lashlee-Hand will pay unexpected dividends. And Kevin Steele is working out better than I ever would have expected. (I was kind of lightly critical.) Plus how about Travis Williams and Fred "Crimedawg!" McGriff's linebackers and secondary?

Big win on the road in the SECW, a game in which our Tigers flexed a little muscle going up 35-0 in the first half. At any point following AU's second offensive possession did you ever feel as if AU was going to fold? Yeah. Me neither.

Love the thoughts, CleCo, but it's Wesley McGriff. Fred "Crimedawg" McGriff was a first baseman for the Atlanta Braves for several years. :P

Arkansas game looks like a toss up to me, but Ark. will be coming off playing Bama and Ole Miss back to back. AU being at home and coming off a bye week should definitely help our chances. Still not sure what to make of AU at this point. 1st half at Miss St was awesome, but man does Miss St look like a really bad FB team. That being said it is good to see Auburn beating bad teams again.

51 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Guys, I love enthusiasm, but Arkansas isn't Mississippi State. They lost to A&M in College Station, but they also beat TCU in Fort Worth...I have every confidence that we CAN beat them badly, but I am far from expecting it. We just aren't good enough to have that mentality.

And to those suggesting this is just message board chatter and meaningless, I disagree. Message board chatter, especially at places like AUF (where it's almost exclusively one fan base), does a lot to reflect the opinion of the fans as a whole, and the fan base can make a monumental impact on home games. What if a deflected pass gets intercepted on the first drive again, except Arky puts it in the end zone? How many fans who expected a blowout are going to turn sour? How would the team respond?

I don't know. I mean, I'm always going to think Auburn has a chance, no matter what, because that's who I am (not to mention having seen far too much not to believe in AU), but I always get an uneasy feeling when I see predictions like this. 

They lost to A&M at Jerry's world, a "neutral site" that has been accepted by both of them since they came to the SEC. They lose to A&M every year. That doesn't say anything about them one way or another, except this year, they lost to them by 3 TDs. As been stated before, TCU is not a good team. I don't care about a blowout, but we should not be going into quadruple OT with this team and we definitely should not lose to them. I thought from a talent standpoint, Arkansas was much better last year and we gave that game away at Fayetteville.

58 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Love the thoughts, CleCo, but it's Wesley McGriff. Fred "Crimedawg" McGriff was a first baseman for the Atlanta Braves for several years. :P

Yep. Old age and excess beer got me.  Need to go back and edit. I think I made this mistake more than once.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

They lost to A&M at Jerry's world, a "neutral site" that has been accepted by both of them since they came to the SEC. They lose to A&M every year. That doesn't say anything about them one way or another, except this year, they lost to them by 3 TDs. As been stated before, TCU is not a good team. I don't care about a blowout, but we should not be going into quadruple OT with this team and we definitely should not lose to them. I thought from a talent standpoint, Arkansas was much better last year and we gave that game away at Fayetteville.

Didn't realize that about playing at the neutral site; thanks for the info.

I agree that we should beat them, but I don't like how fans sometimes think we can just show up and walk all over an opponent, especially in the SEC. Maybe we will, but underestimating anybody can backfire tremendously; doing so with an in conference opponent is just asking for trouble.

I don't know...just ever since 2003 against Georgia Tech, I haven't been able to feel supremely confident about dominating a game against a Power 5 team without getting a sick feeling in my stomach.

4 hours ago, AUbritt said:

I was just about to make a smartass comment on that, AUIH1. Given your predictions about Miss State and now Arky, I think you may just have to join the sunshine pumpers club.

:jossun: 

LOL.  Thanks, but give me week.  I am just shaking my head.  When I finally pour a cup of the orange and blue koolaid and take a sip, I get ripped by a few.  

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LOL.  Thanks, but give me week.  I am just shaking my head.  When I finally pour a cup of the orange and blue koolaid and take a sip, I get ripped by a few.  

wde

Dont leave me for the sunshine pumpers. I need you.

:sad2:

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

They're just being realistic.

:Sing:

It is really interesting to see Rednilla wanting to temper your enthusiasm. 

By the way, I agree that we should dominate Arky. If we play anyone for 60 minutes the way we played the first half against Miss State, we've got a very good shot to win. I also agree that Ole Miss and Bama are really my only worries at this point.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Dont leave me for the sunshine pumpers. I need you.

:sad2:

Oh I am not.  But, I am encouraged by yesterday.  Unlike the Arky State game where we followed that game up with another WTH game on O against Texas A&M, we built on the ULM game with our best performance of the season on the road against a team that has had our number and given us fits.

wde 

Unleess arkansas magically shows they can stop any team with a pulse on offense this game is way more one sided than a toss up.  The fact of the matter is i realistically dont think they have a good offense and weve faced better qbs and rb. As long as we keep from turning the ball over we should win by double digits especially with their schedule and our bye week

14 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Oh I am not.  But, I am encouraged by yesterday.  Unlike the Arky State game where we followed that game up with another WTH game on O against Texas A&M, we built on the ULM game with our best performance of the season on the road against a team that has had our number and given us fits.

wde 

I'm encouraged by what I saw yesterday as well. Looks like we may have an SEC offense after all. I feel like we wasted the whole second half offensively though but I can understand our coaches are scared of injuries. Still, the Michigan game showed it is possible to rotate our second string in and play within our normal offense.

Archived