Derrick Brown

milehighfan

8 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I haven't heard Derrick Brown'sugar name calledown much over the past two or three weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any information on how he is doing.

Stud. He just has a couple of studs in front of him including Monty who is playing like the best DT in the SEC atm. Russel has also been very good. Derrick Brown will be the best DT we have had at Auburn since Fairley.

One word... Freshman. The fact that we actually have one Freshman killing it on the line should not make us suddenly expect more to do it. He's still way ahead of the curve for a Freshman lineman.

7 minutes ago, Charhair said:

I'll probably never call him anything else now

Same here. When he steps into the starting lineup next year and GameDay is on campus someone needs a sign referencing Derrick Brownsugar

Good kid who will make opposing OLs have nightmares the night before they have to line up and block him.  I love our defense and think that Coach Steele is turning into a super hire who will be with us for the long term. The entire defensive staff is a very good one that will only get better as the season continues to unfold.

I don't know this based on a review of the snap totals, but it seemed like he saw more PT against MSU than Swain. If so, that would mean he's moved into our fifth DT spot (behind Adams/Russell and Lawrence/Williams, all of whom are playing really good ball). That's pretty impressive for a freshman. Given the fact that we have a DT depth chart that includes three Seniors (Adams, Lawrence, and Swain) and another returning starter (Russell), there was essentially zero margin for error for him to avoid a redshirt, much less work into the regular rotation.

Archived