***Auburn 56 Arkansas 3 -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of things I learned from the Arky game.

- Our defense is really good. The Dline is excellent.

- We can score and our Oline has improved a ton since making James a starter and moving Golson to center.

- Pettway punishes people. Arky did not want to tackle him as the game wore on.

- Allen is NOT the best QB in the SEC. (My vote would go to Hurt right now)

- Our Freshman are very good and are ready for the SEC.

- We have a lot of speed on offense and most of the guys touching the ball are young.

- We have some serious negative posters on this site. Some only see the negative side, "Oh, we have only played terrible teams", or "Our team was lucky on so and so play that the other team didn't get the ball and score, that might have changed the game". JMO, but life is too short to focus on the negative in a very positive picture

- We are on a 4 game win streak and we look good on both offense and defense. The offense has been doing much better since Gus gave up the play calling to Rhett. On defense we have not been this good in years. No telling what happens this week with Ole Miss. They scare me with their offense, but I like our chances. War Eagle!

8 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

He was one of the 2  key outside blocks on the first touchdown and another I believe.  Gus's run offense works when the receivers block.  Stevens was one of the keys last night.

He had a key block at the end on the wheel route too to give us a td 

Just now getting to watch. Gf is a nursing student at UA & had me a ticket for their game this weekend, so having arrive late at the party. One major thing I've taken away. We need SW to run a little bit more. I believe his big run helped open up the lanes & make the D think twice. Would love to see him have a few more designated runs to keep the D honest.

We are on fire right now! Our O is playing like their hair is on fire and the D looks like they are totally PO'd out there. Kudos to GM for stepping out of the way and letting Lashlee take over the offense. Kudos to Lashlee for changing from a high school offense to a college overnight. Totally different offensive philosophy and totally different attitude from our D and O since that happened. Special thanks needs to go out to whoever scraped No. 28 for Arky up off the ground after Pettway steamrolled him at the goal line in the first quarter.

Archived