***Auburn 56 Arkansas 3 -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Fantastic game tonight.  Coaches and players were very prepared and focused. No complaints here. If AU keeps the same momentum they can beat ole miss. One game at a time. 

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After game 3, I said that we would have one more loss, , but beat everyone else. I will take credit for giving us the benifit of the doubt. However......I was so wrong. We aren't going to lose another game. This team is rolling. 10-2 going into the SEC Championship vs Florida! This isn't just a good team. We are beating people like Bama does. We are on elite level right now. Call me crazy if you must, but I just don't see us getting beat again this season. And Bama will be the only team that gets close.

We are playing on an elite level right now 

all excuses from Arky fans aside, we just beat the #17 team in nation by 53 points without even passing the ball 15 times. 

That's something that only the "great god-tier all-football" Sabah and bama usually do and even then only rarely. 

The question to me is what will this team's identity be in a close game/coming from behind. I'd like to think not the same team we saw against tamu due to the vast improvements I've seen. I think we need to make sure sean is ready to completely take over consecutive drives and move the ball efficiently. With our running attack, it may never come to that, but that is reaching a little bit.

I guess you could say we went...

•_•)

( •_•)>■-■ 

(■_■)

...hogwild.

7 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

•_•)

( •_•)>■-■ 

(■_■)

...hogwild.

Kinda odd that a "guess this puzzle from the past" on wheel of fortune earlier this week was " Go hog wild". Lol

14 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

•_•)

( •_•)>■-■ 

(■_■)

...hogwild.

images-1.jpg

4 hours ago, chuck_finley said:

My brother says we "monkey stomped" Arkansas...

This is the "Year of the Monkey" in the Chinese calendar so, your brother is pretty smart.  

Anything new to report on the injury front? JF3 left woozy after it looked like his head hit the ground but he was back 2 series later - to my surprise. 

Another dominating performance in a Malzahn revenge game.  He was ticked at the loss to LSU in 2013 and beat them senseless in 2014. The Ark loss last year made Malzahn mad, and again a total beatdown the next time.  FSU better hope we don't play them anytime soon. It would be nice to see them in a playoff game. 

Don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. Never thought Gus would get this turned around like this. I figured we were headed for 6-6. Kudos to Gus and the staff. Let's win em all! WDE

12 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

So im visiting the hog boards and may favorite is an old man calling for CBB's firing stating he watched the Nutt trainwreck for too long. Someone ask him if we would ever see Arky win an NC to which he replied "no". Then someone chimed in and said "you will never see us win our division.".

Time to bump the "how many more coaches can we get fired this year" thread?

We are now the team many of us thought we were capable of becoming this off season. I'll admit I was ready to jump ship during the LSU game until I realized it was Lashlees first game calling plays. Man he has grown up quick as a play caller. Let's hope that trend continues!

On another note:. It's sure oddly quiet from the main one(s) claiming all off season that Gus would be fired mid season, we have no QB, no decent RB, no decent offensive staff, hiring Kodi was proof of failure, oh...and Rhett was a waste of space and would cost Gus his job...  Makes you wonder how it's possible to be wrong on so many fronts involving the same team.  It seems like there were plenty of "I told you so"s after game 3. Where is it now??

14 hours ago, War Knight said:

Is Tony Stevens missing?

He was one of the 2  key outside blocks on the first touchdown and another I believe.  Gus's run offense works when the receivers block.  Stevens was one of the keys last night.

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

He was one of the 2  key outside blocks on the first touchdown and another I believe.  Gus's run offense works when the receivers block.  Stevens was one of the keys last night.

He and SW were out of sync on a pass that nearly got intercepted...looked like he might have been going long when SW was expecting a back shoulder pass at the sideline...fortunately, the DB did not catch the pass.  Otherwise with so few passes it was a slow night for the WRs though a couple really nice ones. 

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

"This was Gus's Super Bowl. They may not beat Ole Miss, much less Alabama. "

LLOL:Sing:

Lol Arkansas our Super Bowl? Me thinks someone has an inflated ego.

Sean White averaged 15.3 yards per rush in his four carries. Maybe he should run more often?

Kidding, lol. What a game it was!!

6 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

We are now the team many of us thought we were capable of becoming this off season. I'll admit I was ready to jump ship during the LSU game until I realized it was Lashlees first game calling plays. Man he has grown up quick as a play caller. Let's hope that trend continues!

On another note:. It's sure oddly quiet from the main one(s) claiming all off season that Gus would be fired mid season, we have no QB, no decent RB, no decent offensive staff, hiring Kodi was proof of failure, oh...and Rhett was a waste of space and would cost Gus his job...  Makes you wonder how it's possible to be wrong on so many fronts involving the same team.  It seems like there were plenty of "I told you so"s after game 3. Where is it now??

I noticed the more and better we win, the less those idiots post! 

Don't even worry about them, just enjoy this win!

Win's this dominate, against a ranked opponent, only come around a handful of times in a life span; just enjoy!

War Eagle!

7 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Time to bump the "how many more coaches can we get fired this year" thread?

It would be quite remarkable if we were to get two coaches fired in the same season for opposite reasons -- one because they lost to us when we were so bad, and the other because they lost to us when we were so good.

31 minutes ago, msza said:

It would be quite remarkable if we were to get two coaches fired in the same season for opposite reasons -- one because they lost to us when we were so bad, and the other because they lost to us because we were so good.

Sorry for the edit, but I think this better illustrates the remarkable progress thus far.

My new bucket list has one item. Join the Big Twelve. Here's why:

« on: Today at 12:25:36 pm »

Razorback football would be fun again. Fresh start, age old rivalries in place, and a one loss Hog team with a Big Twelve Championship could make the Final Four.

Keep Bielema or not.

I know, but I can dream right? .

Sed76

Senior

Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Re: My new bucket list has one item: Join the Big Twelve

« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:29:44 pm »

Yeah...remember what Texas Tech did to us last year? Not only would we not be any closer to the 4 team playoff but would be an even bigger joke than we already are for leaving the SEC for a lesser conference in hopes of taking a step forward.

Archived