A Gus Malzahn coached AU football team

AUIH1

just lost to their second biggest rival (who happened to be an underdog) for the 3rd time in a row. How can that be acceptable?  

wde

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

just lost to their second biggest rival (who happened to be an underdog) for the 3rd time in a row. How can that be acceptable?  

wde

and Bama is looking like 3 losses in a row. Only beat them both once, in 2013 with two miracle finishes. Should be interesting to see what kind of heat is on Gus going into the bowl game. Some fans wanted him gone after 2015 due to the crap storm that was the 2nd half of 2014/ 2014 defense combined with a super disappointing 2015 season. Throw in losses for the third straight year to our two rivals and a loss to clemson (kinda rival), and there might be some rumblings.

I'm with him for 2017, btw.

2 minutes ago, hutchids said:

and Bama is looking like 3 losses in a row. Only beat them both once, in 2013 with two miracle finishes. Should be interesting to see what kind of heat is on Gus going into the bowl game. Some fans wanted him gone after 2015 due to the crap storm that was the 2nd half of 2014/ 2014 defense combined with a super disappointing 2015 season. Throw in losses for the third straight year to our two rivals and a loss to clemson (kinda rival), and there might be some rumblings.

I'm with him for 2017, btw.

i know Gus will get another year just because our AD is an idiot and should be fired before Gus.  But, if we don't beat uga and spuat next year, Gus needs to hit the road. Today was a total embarassment/

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

i know Gus will get another year just because our AD is an idiot and should be fired before Gus.  But, if we don't beat uga and spuat next year, Gus needs to hit the road. Today was a total embarassment/

wde

yeah 4 straight to UGA and Bama is unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

he needed to hit the road last year

1 minute ago, AURandy56 said:

Hell, Jacobs probably gave Gus a contract extension in the middle of that 6-game win streak with a 50 million buy-out  

I guess he seems to think that there is a line waiting to hire him. Hmm

Political correct out the window. We all know Gus is with us through next year right? Schedule those weddings folks. this is what Gus does. Write it down, rebuilding pains be-danged, we're looking at the same mess next year. Team good enough. Coach Fail. 

Malzahn makes $4.35 million this season. $83,654 per week. How much is he giving back to the University for today's performance? 

If AU goes 8-4 this year, take out the 3  give-me games on the schedule each year, are we satisfied with a 55% success rate?

Gus is hard headed.  He gave this season away the minute he let Javon Robinson go.  I wish he could have kept Rock too.  Petway is a beast but this is the SEC not little rock arkansas.  Players get hurt.  I hate to say it but sometimes Gus acts like Mike Shula.  

Y'all should stop over reacting. It's football. There are games  when you don't play good as a team. Apparently the coaches don't trust JFIII and SW is injured trying to compete. After 4 games a lot of you were ready to fire Gus and Rhett, then we got on a winning streak and everyone was like we going to the ship, if so and so looses and we beat so and so we going to the ship. While we improved offensively and defensively we played inferior teams with bigger flaws than we have. KP getting hurt just magnified the flaws we have offensively, blocking and consistency QB play. Play calling is average. I didn't get too high and I won't get too low when we lose. War Eagle! It is what it is.

5 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Y'all should stop over reacting. It's football. There are games  when you don't play good as a team. Apparently the coaches don't trust JFIII and SW is injured trying to compete. After 4 games a lot of you were ready to fire Gus and Rhett, then we got on a winning streak and everyone was like we going to the ship, if so and so looses and we beat so and so we going to the ship. While we improved offensively and defensively we played inferior teams with bigger flaws than we have. KP getting hurt just magnified the flaws we have offensively, blocking and consistency QB play. Play calling is average. I didn't get too high and I won't get too low when we lose. War Eagle! It is what it is.

So you accept losing to our second biggest rival for the 9th time in eleven years and we were double digit favorites?

wde

15 minutes ago, Cooper said:

Gus is hard headed.  He gave this season away the minute he let Javon Robinson go.  I wish he could have kept Rock too.  Petway is a beast but this is the SEC not little rock arkansas.  Players get hurt.  I hate to say it but sometimes Gus acts like Mike Shula.  

don't insult mike shula.....he is in the NFL and doublebubble is trying to navigate the matrix in his own mind

57 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

So you're eternally Happy with 8-4 and 7-5 seasons? 

4 minutes ago, tgr4life said:

Go back to your PlayStations losers. I doubt many of you ever played a down of football or physically worked a day in your life. I don't know what I hate more these days- Bama turds or this new version of AU turd fans that seems to be increasing every year. Spoiled ass brats 

yeah everyone is spoiled on these 7 and 8 win seasons with losses to our rivals even when they suck...yep so spoiled it hurts.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

So your reasoning for being okay with being a pathetic joke is that when we thought we may be good we were playing terrible teams?  Sound logic. Maybe if we just played all terrible teams we could just always think we were good, amirite? Today crossed a line. Lose to bama and hit the bricks. There is now a 99.999999 percent chance we lose to bama and UGA 3 years in a row. That's grounds for firing alone. I'll reserve official judgement until after we lose to the turds by 30 (I suspect) and then I'm 100 billion percent done. We deserve better and so do our student athletes. 

Archived