This will not be a popular opinion, but my take...

TitanTiger

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

He averaged 30 carries a game over that 4 game stretch, and blew out his quad/hamstring whatever that we'll never know on his 121st carry against Vanderbilt.  Figure it out.

Herschel said 30 to 40 plus carries wasn't hard because, "the ball ain't heavy", but Kam Pettway ain't no Herschel Walker.  Take a look at Cadillac Williams for another example of how overuse catches up with you later on.

cadillac broke a leg and a collarbone in college. he had three or four acl surgeries in the nfl. all those injuries, especially the ones in college could have happened on the first carry of the season. if you tell a rb he will only have 15 or less carries per game he will go elsewhere. you run your horse as much as you need to, but no more. i stand by my opinion that he was overused in no more than two games really just one. You could use Earl Campbell as an example of overuse, maybe many others. Football is a rough game. Some Auburn fans too easily blame the coach for EVERYGOSh DARn thing in the world. It gets old sometimes.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fans can't see anything and that gets old. You go four games averaging 30 carries a game an injury is coming. It's really nothing to argue about. There isn't anybody who would say that's a good idea

Archived