Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

Like it or not, we're stuck with Gus for at least another season.  Besides, a Gus replacement may bring in his own defensive staff.  While I detest the current situation with our offense, I don't have the stomach for a total reset.  Our defense is damn solid and would likely be even better if the offense could hold their end of the bargain again.  Do whatever is necessary to fix the offense and let's keep moving forward. 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Sean White is a good QB, he's just not built to make it through an SEC season.

You're right, though. I wish everyone would quit talking doom and gloom about the program. We just need quality depth at the QB position.

FYFY

On a positive note,we have learned something this year..... we can all go clubbing and do the Cox Whirley-Bird on the dance floor. So, we've got that...

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

Like it or not, we're stuck with Gus for at least another season.  Besides, a Gus replacement may bring in his own defensive staff.  While I detest the current situation with our offense, I don't have the stomach for a total reset.  Our defense is damn solid and would likely be even better if the offense could hold their end of the bargain again.  Do whatever is necessary to fix the offense and let's keep moving forward. 

Doing whatever is necessary to fix the offense means firing Gus so....

Gus will be back. sucks but he will  the best we can hope for is a new OC with near complete autonomy. don't see that happening either.

14 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

He hired Pearl, right?  He just needs to hire the equivalent in football. Sadly, he probably won't fire Gus which means to me that he and anyone else who signs off on keeping Gus should all be fired. 

There is no football version of Pearl waiting out there. 

Yeah, I am not pleased with some of the offensive play calling either, but rather be an AU fan who loves my great University than just a fan of a very good football team.  WAR DAMN EAGLE!

The Kick Six seems like a distant memory. CGM will get another year but I don´t think he will ever be able to compete with UAT. We have seen AU teams who were outmanned at almost every position go and out and whip UAT. I don´t think we´ll see that happen with this coaching staff, though.

11 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Look, I know the coaches made mistakes. That is clear. They focused and schemed around players' weaknesses, not around their strengths. With all the injuries, they had a lot to work around. But we did have 8 wins, which no one thought we'd have, we are bowl eligible and we have an amazing defense and we are young. Stidham may come our way, but I am not sure I'd want to come to a school with a whiny fan base if I were him. We aren't firing Gus. It won't happen this year. So you might as well show support for the team. Just my opinion. I don't care if anyone agrees with me. 

Ok, let's lay out a couple things here:

1. I don't see anyone calling out players

2. The offensive coaches didn't put players in position to succeed

3. The players executed the plays to the best of their ability

4. This loss (and UGA) lands solely at the feet of the coaches

5. We support the players completely and without question

6. If Stidham comes to AU, we will support him the same as any other player

For example: I don't blame Cox for his turns at Wildcat. The blame lies solely at the feet of the coaches for not putting him in a position he's equipped to be successful.

1 minute ago, selias said:

For example: I don't blame Cox for his turns at Wildcat. The blame lies solely at the feet of the coaches for putting him in a position he's equipped to be successful.

Wish I could like this post ten times

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

On a positive note,we have learned something this year..... we can all go clubbing and do the Cox Whirley-Bird on the dance floor. So, we've got that...

Like this, right? :bananadance:

tasmanian-devil23-33327.gif

1 minute ago, selias said:

For example: I don't blame Cox for his turns at Wildcat. The blame lies solely at the feet of the coaches for putting him in a position he's equipped to be successful.

I agree wholesale.  We are weak at the HC/OC position.  All we can do is get rid of the OC.  If that doesnt happen in the offseason, we get rid of HC, just to make sure.

Look I dont know of a coach besides Petrino,Kelly,Petterson or hell anybody not making 7-10 mill a year right now that can compete with Bama but it is plain to see Gus is out of his league.  Should have hired a football coach.  Nobody is gonna compete with Saban/Emeritt until one retires then Bama will be back on NCAA watch list.  Just saying.  Should have kept Tubb.

Gus should be fired, but he will not be.  I want Jay Jacobs gone before Gus is fired.  Gus will earn being fired next year if he loses to uga and spuat yet again. His record against those two (especially uga) is unacceptable.  He is two miracles from being 0-8 against uga and spuat.  But I emphasize, I do not want Jay Jacobs to ever hire another head football coach at AU.

wde

I am guessing Lashlee called for that Cox play earlier during the game in the second quarter. I knew it was some kind of trick play when Gus came running down the sideline to call a timeout. I told the crowd in the house then whatever that play is he just blew the surprise when they line up that formation again. SMH 

Just now, bigsixfive said:

Jim Tressel?

Is a university president. 

7 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Doing whatever is necessary to fix the offense means firing Gus so....

So what's your immediate solution.  Please think big picture.   

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There is no football version of Pearl waiting out there. 

I think there is, but the stink of what happened at Baylor is too strong to hire him right now.

30 minutes ago, far_away_fan said:

Do you know how bad it is watching a GM coached offense is these days sober? 

It was much easier to watch with half a fifth of Gentlemen Jack down

Archived