Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until Saban retires, everyone in the SEC West is playing for 8-4 and second in the division. Every 2-4 years a Manziel or Cam will come along to edge them out in a one off, but the man has built a dynasty like no other. It took 10 years but the SEC west teams have all buckled. Consider this, we are 3-7 against him and that is the best in our division. 

I just wonder how much a good QB that fits this system would have changed things this year. Would think that it could have resulted in one or two more wins at least. If we could improve at QB how much could that improve things for next year? If you improve at OC and QB it could really change the chemistry of this team. Looking at this team there is potential without changing everything but they have to do something to make that jump.

Just now, wildlife alumni said:

I just wonder how much a good QB that fits this system would have changed things this year. Would think that it could have resulted in one or two more wins at least. If we could improve at QB how much could that improve things for next year? If you improve at OC and QB it could really change the chemistry of this team. Looking at this team there is potential without changing everything but they have to do something to make that jump.

Hell, if Sean just stays healthy we beat UGA and make this game a damn sight more interesting. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Until Saban retires, everyone in the SEC West is playing for 8-4 and second in the division. Every 2-4 years a Manziel or Cam will come along to edge them out in a one off, but the man has built a dynasty like no other. It took 10 years but the SEC west teams have all buckled. Consider this, we are 3-7 against him and that is the best in our division. 

Why would having saban at bama make us lose 3 other games and make us inept at developing a QB?

30 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hey. The enemy here is Alabama. We were the walking wounded. Our players played their guts out. We did not have a QB this year. Period. Quit badmouthing your own team or we won't be able to recruit one. My 2 cents...

I agree. Sure, blaming injuries never solves anything. But, regardless of the way the injury bug turned, it has bitten us two years in the row in a very bad way. The failure of responsibilty was not to have a college level solution instead of trying to "gimmick" everything up against Ga and Ala. I do not believe we could have beaten Ala with SW tonite because of the play calling. A team like AU should have developed reasonable backups, especially at QB, BUT we didn't.

3 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

It was much easier to watch with half a fifth of Gentlemen Jack down

This game would have been much easier to take if I had had some of that. These AU coaches will make a preacher cuss and drink.

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I mean ... that's like the only positive 

40 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's so obvious that he is not the right guy. we had run there in the middle of the year but Gus can't blame this on injuries... it's pretty obvious our offense needs major changes!

Until he wins the bowl game and then, he'll be the guy again because that's how things work here.

You don't pay out a buyout for a guy that goes 8-4. We are in the running for a New Years bowl. Not happening. We really need a QB. Like bad...

We have a legit defense with a s***ty offense. We literally look lost when we play offense. Let's bring in a good OC. Gus will he here next year. Let's make it the best we can.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

I agree. Sure, blaming injuries never solves anything. But, regardless of the way the injury bug turned, it has bitten us two years in the row in a very bad way. The failure of responsibilty was not to have a college level solution instead of trying to "gimmick" everything up against Ga and Ala. I do not believe we could have beaten Ala with SW tonite because of the play calling. A team like AU should have developed reasonable backups, especially at QB, BUT we didn't.

F that....you guys can make all the excuses you want, but the fact is our team looked inept offensively today. A SENIOR QB that can't even go through simple progressions and hit open receivers...there's no excuse for that. On top of that...a "project " player that can't read a defense on the ZR or hit a simple 5 yd pass. Gus is in over his head...sorry. I've tried my damndest to stay on the bus...I'm at the station waiting for a different bus to come along. The GusBus has a blown head gasket...pun intended.

We can blame this loss on injuries but does anybody really think we would have won if all our players had been 100% healthy?

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since someone posted Jim Tressel, I thought I'd post Pete Carroll.

Go home A4e...you're drunk

Auburn's Gus Malzahn: 'We had a really young team. We're going to be really good in the future.'

This is the same <%£*! thing he says every season.

Just now, Dan-0 said:

We can blame this loss on injuries but does anybody really think we would have won if all our players had been 100% healthy?

I do. Without a doubt. This game was within reach.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Hell, if Sean just stays healthy we beat UGA and make this game a damn sight more interesting. 

Yep, but that didnt happen and we had no backup plan.  That is on coaches.  But so is the first couple games we should have won.  We have the talent on both sides.  We need a new coaching staff and next year would be 1993 all over again.  That wont happen, so here we are.  I think our offensive staff is good except for the HC and OC.  You can't blame anyone beyond that.  It would have been nice to see Kyle Davis go up against (minus 2 starting dBs).  Malzahn got exposed as a high school coach yet again.  Next year will be another tough one.  Especially with the talent on the roster. 

Archived