Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Hell, if Sean just stays healthy we beat UGA and make this game a damn sight more interesting. 

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his @zz every time he jumped

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Why would having saban at bama make us lose 3 other games and make us inept at developing a QB?

Which well developed QB has beaten them this year. My point is while we continue to look year to year for the next great JUCO qb or fast receiver, or better play calling. Quick fixes. Saban worked with his AD to build a long term program with a steady influx of NFL talent, that is dominant regardless of who the qb or play caller is. Dominant talent almost always beats schemes or play calls, or developed quarterbacks. 

I quit watching auburn when the offense played today.  came back in time to watch cox throw an int on an important 4th down  

That told me that is the reason something has to change 

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Hell, if Sean just stays healthy we beat UGA and make this game a damn sight more interesting. 

The problem isn't SW's health. It's that we don't have a capable backup on the roster. That's on the coaches

Another 8-4. This yr sux ass. So.much talent. So effing pissed  . Glad this is over. Gus has to bring in a great OC and leave him the hell alone. Almost at this point Gus is hurting the team more than helping. Damn I'm so dissapointed 

2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I do. Without a doubt. This game was within reach.

Even if we had been 100% healthy on offense our O-line couldn´t block for our backs and couldn´t protect our QB. Play calling didn´t help them.

I'm not on the "Gus Bus."  But, I agree he's not gone this year and barring a 6-5 next year, he'll be here in 2018.  Theres a chance with a Vandy win and a UF 0-2 finish, that this team ends up in New Orleans.  If you add that backdoor Sugar Bowl this season, Gus' job security case actually gets stronger (regardless of if it should or not, lets just hope Jacobs doesn't break out the champagne and extension pen if it comes to pass) after this season.  I hope AU is not digging itself into a perpetual 8-4 cycle.  Worse, I hope that in doing so, it does not cause the fanbase to accept that "it is what it is" just because Nick Saban is in Tuscaloosa.  Stop accepting prolonged mediocrity at Auburn.  

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You don't pay out a buyout for a guy that goes 8-4. We are in the running for a New Years bowl. Not happening. We really need a QB. Like bad...

Don't worry we will have 3 to start the year off in a battle you can almost guarantee that :) So if you are looking for a QB you will likely have 3. 

10 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

We can blame this loss on injuries but does anybody really think we would have won if all our players had been 100% healthy?

Alabama had guys out with injuries and a freshman qb...

It's more than injuries .. its the trend man. Sure we beat the crappy teams besides georgia, but it's obvious our offense if just plain inept at times, including play calling. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Which well developed QB has beaten them this year. My point is while we continue to look year to year for the next great JUCO qb or fast receiver, or better play calling. Quick fixes. Saban worked with his AD to build a long term program with a steady influx of NFL talent, that is dominant regardless of who the qb or play caller is. Dominant talent almost always beats schemes or play calls, or developed quarterbacks. 

If that was the point of your post, that's not how it read. It sounded like you were basically saying saban's at bama, so the rest of the west will just have to settle for 8-4 seasons and see who can get second in the west. Your second post actually goes with what my response was.

Just now, Dan-0 said:

Even if we had been 100% healthy on offense our O-line couldn´t block for our backs and couldn´t protect our QB. Play calling didn´t help them.

That doesnt matter with good play calling (see alabama).  It screens and shuttle passes, etc.  We came out with stupid shi& on the first drive and that was all I needed to see.  This coaching staff was intimidated and defeated before they even got to tuscaloosa.  I would like someone on the O staff to explain that play call on the first drive.  It was the most high school thing I have ever seen.  You do dumb shi& behind the line of scrimmage on the best D in the nation?  You want to lose.

I will tell you exactly what I have had enough of: I have had enough of losing to our 2 biggest rivals and losing to 1 of them has 2 of their worst teams the last 2 years. 2 losses that were solely because of bad coaching. Both games we should of won. 

I have had enough of seeing Gus refusal to play our best players regardless of position but namely WR. Your telling me the little walk on rudy kid is going to put fear in that dynasty across the state? Get out of here.

I am tired of HORRIBLE just horrible QB recruiting under Gus and Rhett. How the heck can you not capitalize on the momentum Nick Marshall gave us at the QB position? AND on top of that playing the Cam card. Inexcusable. We swing and miss on our top targets repeatedly. Ever. single. year.

I am tired of BAD SO BAD player evaluations. Would we even know how good Kam Pettway is if jovon did not get kicked, roc did not leave the team and KJ getting banged up? I will say no. NOPE! gus wants to have him as the 2nd string blocking back. JUST BRILLIANT! So your telling me Jerod Evans who has VA TECH in the ACC title game next week and who has nearly 3k yards passing with 26 tds and I DO NOT EVEN KNOW what his rushing stats are was not good enough to being offered a scholly at AU?! NAH WERE GOOD BRUH! We got jf3! WOOOOOO!!!! Lashlee went and saw them play in person and came away wanting to extend the scholly to jf3 and not Evans!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! That is a fireable offense right there. This is not just a 1 time thing. We slow played Lamar Jackson when  he could of been had if we put the full court press on. BUT NO!!!! Lets be satisfied with tyler queen as our lone qb recruit!!! Sean White is solid even really good at times but the staff wanted Brandon Harris more than him. THANK GOD he stayed in state. No telling how bad we would be with Brandon frickin Harris as our QB. 

I have had enough of it taking Gus the first month of a season trying to figure out what kind of team he wants to be for the year. WTF are you doing during spring and fall practice?? The icing on the cake was using CLEMSON!!! THE CLEMSON GAME a top 2 team as a try out for our starting QB position. That may be the single most embarrassing thing Gus has ever done but there is so many things up for this prestigious honor so hard to day.

I have had enough of Gus in game with NO adjustments. Good Lord have mercy. If his original plan works. GREAT! see arkansas and miss st game of how it can go. If it does not were in big trouble because that man has no idea how to fix it. He is incapable of making in game or half time adjustments. TIME AFTER TIME has proven that.

LIKE MANY people have said its not just that we lost its HOW!!! you can point to almost every loss in the gus era and chalk about 90% of them up to bad coaching. Rarely do we get outplayed. 

And lastly I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! of Gus AND rhett piss pour ability or inability WHATEVER to develop HS QBs. JEREMY WAS A COMPLETE and unequivocal bust!!!!!!!!! They put all their eggs in his basket and it literally set back the program for 2 years. Cannot wait to see how they ruin Woody next.......

UAT´s defense is probably the best in the country and one of their best ever. Still, we have all seen AU offenses that were outmanned in a similar way come out and take it to them by giving 110% and having good play calling. This offense was outmanned and our coaches didn´t give them a chance. 

7 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

the problem is gus malzahn

He is not as good as AU deserves.  We have to wait it out.  But I would say 90% are ready for his Tenure  to be over.   We got one more year.  I really dont care if we keep our recruits.

I only watched the game as long as I could stand it, which  a little into the 3rd quarter. I don't know what the coaches know, but I did know Jeremy Johnson doesn't have it, never did have it, and wasn't going to, all of a sudden, get it. It was pretty obvious that we could have caused more damage with Franklin. The only time we have given them fits in the last  years is when we are a hurry up with a running QB. That's exciting football. Hell, Saban even crusaded to eliminate our style of football, that's how much he is completely bamboozled by it. Putting in Johnson was  akin to throwing in the towel. I hope he finished his degree, he's gonna need it.

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If that was the point of your post, that's not how it read. It sounded like you were basically saying saban's at bama, so the rest of the west will just have to settle for 8-4 seasons and see who can get second in the west. Your second post actually goes with what my response was.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else with Gus and the QB situation. I never want AU to settle but this Saban thing is melting us all down in the West, not just us. AU or A&M or LSU could be 10 win teams and contending for the SEC east IMO. I jist don't want us to fire Gus to hire an Orgeron or Chizik. 

33 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

The Kick Six seems like a distant memory. CGM will get another year but I don´t think he will ever be able to compete with UAT. We have seen AU teams who were outmanned at almost every position go and out and whip UAT. I don´t think we´ll see that happen with this coaching staff, though.

Guess I missed something but much as I hate to say it..nobody is very competitive with NS...and not under NCAA microscope

It is good to get our frustrations out after this huge disappointment. Now, it´s time to get on the bandwagon and pull for another orange and blue team: GO GATORS! CHOMP! CHOMP! Hopefully they will build some momentum and beat Free Shoes University tonight and go into the SEC Championship and catch Bama on the downswing.

gater2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Earthcat said:

I only watched the game as long as I could stand it, which  a little into the 3rd quarter. I don't know what the coaches know, but I did know Jeremy Johnson doesn't have it, never did have it, and wasn't going to, all of a sudden, get it. It was pretty obvious that we could have caused more damage with Franklin. The only time we have given them fits in the last  years is when we are a hurry up with a running QB. That's exciting football. Hell, Saban even crusaded to eliminate our style of football, that's how much he is completely bamboozled by it. Putting in Johnson was  akin to throwing in the towel. I hope he finished his degree, he's gonna need it.

There's no need to run down Johnson. By all accounts, he's a good kid and a great Auburn Ambassador.

Archived