Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

Hell - I'd promote Steele and give him a 1yr deal to prove himself.  

I'm done w/ Gus.  Said it during the Clemson game and he did improved, then ended the season w/ the same ridiculousness.

w/ Franklin, this team had a chance tonight.  And for the 4th time this season, he took the game away from his players.  Done, now get the hell out

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PDub said:

How about 27 in at quarterback on 4th down?

I could see it if we were going to run the ball, it was only two yards to go.  But on one of the more critical plays we have our FB throw and effin' pass.  Our offensive brain trust just simply crapped their pants.

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hey. The enemy here is Alabama. We were the walking wounded. Our players played their guts out. We did not have a QB this year. Period. Quit badmouthing your own team or we won't be able to recruit one. My 2 cents...

Stop it... Not one person is bad mouthing the team. They are bad mouthing the idiotic play calling. Team played to the last down and have nothing to be ashamed of. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Gus isn't going anywhere this year and it's pointless to even ask or expect otherwise. 

I tend to agree with you. How safe do you think Lashlee is?

1 minute ago, Tigercj said:

Well it won't be any better next year. 

It could be. This year was better than last. If Woody is ready or we get Stidham, a lot changes. 

But the bottom line is, Gus isn't getting fired this year.  Period. 

I'm for cleaning house. I don't think Gus can get out of his own way. Defense gave us opportunities but Gus could do anything that even resembled an offense. There is just no other way to put it he is totally worthless . But as worthless as Jacobs is he won't fire him and if he did he couldn't hire a decent coach if he did. Only hope AU has is we get a decent President next year that fires Jacob then we can start to clean up.

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hey. The enemy here is Alabama. We were the walking wounded. Our players played their guts out. We did not have a QB this year. Period. Quit badmouthing your own team or we won't be able to recruit one. My 2 cents...

Lmao...We are the reason that Gus isn't capable of recruiting QBs!  Now I've heard it all. :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

I tend to agree with you. How safe do you think Lashlee is?

I think he leaves for a HC job at a smaller school or to be OC with someone else. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Why didn't we have a QB this year (or last year for that matter)?

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I'm for cleaning house. I don't think Gus can get out of his own way. Defense gave us opportunities but Gus could do anything that even resembled an offense. There is just no other way to put it he is totally worthless . But as worthless as Jacobs is he won't fire him and if he did he couldn't hire a decent coach if he did. Only hope AU has is we get a decent President next year that fires Jacob then we can start to clean up.

He hired Pearl, right?  He just needs to hire the equivalent in football. Sadly, he probably won't fire Gus which means to me that he and anyone else who signs off on keeping Gus should all be fired. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think he leaves for a HC job at a smaller school or to be OC with someone else. 

He should, don't think he can reach his potential under Gus.

We need more than an o.c. no one decent with half a brain or stones will come here under gus to run his dying offense.  you could hire the best mind ever and  it won't Change  a damn thing cause gus is stupid  and stubborn. 

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Why didn't we have a QB this year (or last year for that matter)?

That's the problem we never develop a QB but nick & cam came in and had already been developed and we screwed up nick his last year

At this point I just hope Gus doesn't get a raise and his contract extended after the season.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It could be. This year was better than last. If Woody is ready or we get Stidham, a lot changes. 

But the bottom line is, Gus isn't getting fired this year.  Period. 

Never thought he would but we are not in good shape Stidham and I have little faith that this staff will develop woody. I am just saying with Gus i don't think it will be any better next year.

Archived