Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It could be. This year was better than last. If Woody is ready or we get Stidham, a lot changes. 

But the bottom line is, Gus isn't getting fired this year.  Period. 

Either QB doesn't change the offense nor the play calls. I agree we need a QB that we can count on, but I doubt that will change they dynamic of this ridiculous offense. 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, one of my fraternity members summed me up quite appropriately and humorously. I edited out the names of those not me for their privacy but I hope the humor comes across regardless.

"Okay pledges, it's time to learn about some of our more famous brothers. Δ1157 is Dr. **** *****, who developed the holographic tv generator. This right here is Δ1122, **** ******, who is great just for being **** ******. And here we have Δ1167, the Dictator and President for Life of New Ecclestonland. Here we see him with the heads of four different former Auburn coach's heads on his symbolic pike. Nobody really complained because it ended up saving the university a half and billion dollars."

Not about Bama as they will stay where they are until 3-5 years after saban leaves completely (I think he goes on the AD in 5) and they may be 10 more years. This has to be about Auburn, we should not allow our players to be short strawed by a stubborn coach. Unless he signs something saying he will stay out of the way of the offense then I say drop him. 

11 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

It's time and i will not be in jhs until he completely rights the ship or leaves.  he is an idiot who deserves to go coach highschool. bake waste of resources and legit defense

Bye!

I'll say what I said earlier in the year, let's go camp out in San Francisco and MAKE Chip Kelly turn us down...and not leave till he accepts the job.

9 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hey. The enemy here is Alabama. We were the walking wounded. Our players played their guts out. We did not have a QB this year. Period. Quit badmouthing your own team or we won't be able to recruit one. My 2 cents...

Sean White is a good QB, he's just not built to make it through an SEC season.

You're right, though. I wish everyone would quit talking doom and gloom about the program. We just need depth at the QB position.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It could be. This year was better than last. If Woody is ready or we get Stidham, a lot changes. 

But the bottom line is, Gus isn't getting fired this year.  Period. 

No this year wasn't better we had a decent stretch against some bad teams but in the end we were worse than we were at the end of last year. Just face it Gus will never be P5 caliber HC.

6 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

He hired Pearl, right?  He just needs to hire the equivalent in football. Sadly, he probably won't fire Gus which means to me that he and anyone else who signs off on keeping Gus should all be fired. 

Honestly Pearl fell into his lap same as the Softball coach. Jacobs biggest problem is he is not the boss. He does not tell his coaches what the expectations are and inforce it. Just like last year he rewards Gus after two failure years instead of demanding he fire CRL and hire a true OC and QB coach. I think the problem is Jacobs doesn't have a set.

11 minutes ago, Charhair said:

The chandler Cox play at the end convinced me Gus has no idea what he's doing.

Agreed. Calling the WildCox on that play just made us not look just bad but desperate and ridiculous. And, as usual, it fooled no one.

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Ok, one of my fraternity members summed me up quite appropriately and humorously. I edited out the names of those not me for their privacy but I hope the humor comes across regardless.

"Okay pledges, it's time to learn about some of our more famous brothers. Δ1157 is Dr. **** *****, who developed the holographic tv generator. This right here is Δ1122, **** ******, who is great just for being **** ******. And here we have Δ1167, the Dictator and President for Life of New Ecclestonland. Here we see him with the heads of four different former Auburn coach's heads on his symbolic pike. Nobody really complained because it ended up saving the university a half and billion dollars."

:ucrazy:

2 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Why it has ran out of gas and stopped , just step off. ?

?? I realized that when I hit the ground. I thought it was going in reverse but turned out there weren't even any wheels or engine

8 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

Why have we thrown to the tight end ONCE this season?  Why does this offensive coaching staff NEVER have a Plan B?  Injuries happen.  Defenses make adjustments.  Good coaches make adjustments to deal with the given situation.  What'd the definition of insanity...???

Oh my gosh, yes.

1) Gus cannot develop QBs.

2) Gus does not make halftime adjustments. He has one game plan. When it works, he looks like a genius. When it doesn't, he has no alternate plan.

3) Gus does not put his best/most athletic players on the field and give them a chance to make plays. This is evidenced by his under utilization of extremely talented tight ends and WRs. If I was a good high school TE, I wouldn't even give AU a second glance.

4) Gus does NOT realize and/or admit that he is making stupid decisions. For him to start the season with a rotating QB circus and then end it the same way is an absolute joke.

So much more I could say, but I will just stop. 

14 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

I can't stand another yr of GM.  Let's hire Chad Morris and keep Steele. 

Yea, that's moronic.  We  can't get rid of CGM yet but we should get a new oc.  CGM gets another year but it will be his last unless he brings a competent OC in.  If he does, he will have another year before we decide we don't need him. 2 years at the most.  But JJ will be gone earlier if it the same time.  Need a president to sort it out.  Like CRL but not at this level.  Same for CGM.  Dead coach walking

If we were to hire someone I promise we wouldn't go wrong with JAMES FRANKLIN. The dude is smart and can freaking coach. I believe he's a top 5 coach. Hes not going to get out coached or schemed and he will get the most out of his talent. He freaking won 9 games at Vandy... Saban couldn't do that!!!!!

15 minutes ago, PDub said:

How about 27 in at quarterback on 4th down?

LOL, what a clown show. That play was just the cherry on top of the s--- sundae

Look, I know the coaches made mistakes. That is clear. They focused and schemed around players' weaknesses, not around their strengths. With all the injuries, they had a lot to work around. But we did have 8 wins, which no one thought we'd have, we are bowl eligible and we have an amazing defense and we are young. Stidham may come our way, but I am not sure I'd want to come to a school with a whiny fan base if I were him. We aren't firing Gus. It won't happen this year. So you might as well show support for the team. Just my opinion. I don't care if anyone agrees with me. 

Upset like most on here with the lack of offense but realistically we were not going to win this game without a lot of breaks going our way. The sun will come up tomorrow and thankfully I will not be in Alabama to have to deal with all of the obnoxious behavior, much of which may be on this board. I will always support my Auburn Tigers and My life does not revolve around a sport where coaches are overpaid and athletes play the best they can for their respective schools. For those that say they will not support or watch Auburn, you are not being honest, you will be back on this board when the bowl game starts complaining about what you are watching because that is what you do.  War Eagle 

I agree with the poster who said the turds have a huge advantage in the talent department. Yeah, we've got a lot of talent but the turds have an over abundance. Until AU proves they can go toe to toe with the turds year in and year out, it's going to stay that way.

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Look, I know the coaches made mistakes. That is clear. They focused and schemed around players' weaknesses, not around their strengths. With all the injuries, they had a lot to work around. But we did have 8 wins, which no one thought we'd have, we are bowl eligible and we have an amazing defense and we are young. Stidham may come our way, but I am not sure I'd want to come to a school with a whiny fan base if I were him. We aren't firing Gus. It won't happen this year. So you might as well show support for the team. Just my opinion. I don't care if anyone agrees with me. 

Don't call me whiny, you whiner.

Archived