Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

11 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Can you post anything about this 247 article on jf3? I don't know if you have access to it or not either

reading about it on another board...

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — John Franklin III has some thinking to do about his future, but for now he feels comfortable at Auburn.

The backup quarterback sparked the Tigers’ offense in a 30-12 loss for a brief time in the second half, hitting the longest play of the game on a 55-yard pass, but he didn’t play as often as even the coaches had hoped and planned heading into the game.

The game, like the season for Franklin III, hasn’t gone exactly as planned. Just ask the East Mississippi Community College transfer and former Florida State quarterback.

“Personally, no, but this is not the first time I’ve faced adversity in my life, as many of you know,” said Franklin III, whose season at EMCC was chronicled on the Netflix documentary “Last Chance U” in the summer. “So, I know how to handle that and capture the moment when the moment is there. That’s what I’ve been doing all my life, that’s how I got to this point, feed off my opportunities. That’s how I’ve always been.”

Franklin III finished 2 of 4 passing for 85 yards and rushed for 14 yards, including a long of 10 yards to pick up Auburn’s second first down of the night — late in the third quarter.

Whether Franklin III stays at Auburn or potentially leaves as a graduate transfer remains to be seen, though he’s leaning to staying at Auburn (8-4, 5-3 SEC). Franklin III is scheduled to graduate in the summer, he said.

“I’m going to decide at the end of the season and go with my family but right now my plans are to stay here, finish out my fifth year,” the junior said. “But I’ll worry about that when the season is over with. I ain’t really worried about it right now.”

Franklin III transferred out of Florida State, in part, because coaches asked him to move from quarterback to receiver. No such talk has emerged at Auburn yet.

“I’d have to address that at the end of the season,” Franklin III said. “That’s not my focus right now. I ain’t thinking about nothing else but who we have in the bowl game and how I can help my team.”

Franklin III finished the regular season with 414 rushing yards and two touchdowns to go along with 11 of 19 passing for 179 yards and one touchdown.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said it’s possible the dual-threat quarterback will play a bigger role in the bowl game.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Quarterback-Last-Chance-U-star-John-Franklin-III-to-discuss-futu-49305006

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

JF3 made some comments about him graduating in May and considering a graduate transfer then. 

can't blame him one bit.....i wouldn't want to play for this buffoon either.......malzahn is killing the program with his goofy crap.....he won't be fired, although he should be, but if he is here after next year, you can bet that the support for the program will decline to the level of the barfield days

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@Tigercj, thanks for your measured response. I understand, I am not "happy". having lost to our biggest rivals again. It sucks. I just feel like we had some bad breaks this year. I hope to God he fixes the QB situation. I hope the play calling will make more sense if he does. I am not a football/coaching expert by any means. I just tend to look for reasons for things and try not to knee-jerk in my reactions. I think I will bow out of this conversation, before I get eaten alive.  :blink:

Everyone has a right to their own opinions and we can have a discussion that doesn't go overboard. I just think that Gus has gone as far as he can and that's not trying to mean or sarcastic it just my observation. In looking over the past four years this offense has not evolved instead it has every appearance of regression. From play calling to player development nothing seems to be cohesive it looks chaotic with no rhyme or reason for what is being done. Like I said if you like the way Gus coaches then that's fine just expect more of the same because I don't see him changing. I just think it's time to discuss the direction of the program along with jay Jacobs involvement in the process. 

16 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

If Lashlee does leave what about  Larry, the Dr. Pepper guy as OC? He seems to know as much as Gus. Besides, he invented the CFB playoffs. Maybe he knows a way to get us in.

That will never work.  Larry Cullpepper is a bammur and would never be accepted by the jackals that hang out here.  

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

JF3 made some comments about him graduating in May and considering a graduate transfer then. 

I appreciate that.

on that topic, can't really blame him. I'm sure it's not all there, passing ability wise, but the kid is a special talent and has not been used as such at auburn.

He probably feels he should have seen a lot more action tonight, especially when he took advantage of almost every opportunity he got. Of course it could have been from lack of exposure/only 10 total touches for John but based off his deep ball and scramble for a first down I don't see how he didn't give us the best chance to win that game. I understand you can't beat Bama running the ball like you can Arkansas but after jf3s completed pass I don't see how his arm couldn't have at least kept their D more honest than JJ. 

The thing about Franklin, he can also make plays with his legs like he proved on the scramble for a first down and then uncorked a long completion. But, he failed to take us in for a touchdown. so, under the watchful eye of Gus, the  offensive genius Malzahn, it was time for him to head back to the bench.

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Didn't help that they lost multiple players including Stidham. 

Art was the brains of that outfit.  Baylor has begun the journey Oregon has been experiencing.  The sad slide to mediocrity.  If we aren't careful, we'll be meeting up with them for cheap beer and war stories.

Question unrelated to the above......other than how it affected the game outcome.   Do I recall correctly that neither team was called for a holding penalty by an interior lineman...or maybe anywhere on the field?      Bama linemen and WRs held all night long and I expect AU probably did a little of that too.   Was the word out the "let them play" ...or has the rule changed such that an interior lineman is never called for holding unless he is seen to tackle a defender?  

Three teams scored in the 70s today and a couple more in the 60s (including one loser) .  What is going on with defense....anywhere?    

Well, before the game I said we should go with JJ at QB because of his arm. But after this game I am convinced we should have gone with JF3 and should definitely go with him in the Bowl Game. JF3 can pass if the coaches will turn him loose and he can make plays with his legs.

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I agree with the poster who said the turds have a huge advantage in the talent department. Yeah, we've got a lot of talent but the turds have an over abundance. Until AU proves they can go toe to toe with the turds year in and year out, it's going to stay that way.

The thing that gets me isn't the level of talent they have vs us, but the sheer strength of their guys. we looked like a LA Monroe out there tonight. I mean we need to fire Russell and pay their strength and conditioning coach whatever it takes to get him here. I mean it wasn't funny how out classed we were in the strength department.

I have had enough.  I don't mind going down swinging when the other team is better.  I do mind our coach putting a pillow over the team's face while they are fighting for their lives.

we could score 80 in the bowl game and I won't be excited for next year.  Gus killed my football optimism

Gus needs to be on the bus. I will say this again...I am for AUBURN... NOT GUS!!!He gave our players NO chance...

5 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

What's going to happen if Lashlee stays? 

Mutiny? I am sure there is a good Jr. High School somewhere that would glad to employ Lashlee´s extraordinary offensive mind.

33 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Art was the brains of that outfit.  Baylor has begun the journey Oregon has been experiencing.  The sad slide to mediocrity.  If we aren't careful, we'll be meeting up with them for cheap beer and war stories.

Yeah right. Ranked 4th in total offense. Averaged 36.2 points per game, scored 34 or more 8 times and never scored under 22. 

Baylor had zero defense the second half of the year and played the last two and a half games with a freshman backup. 

Baylor may return to mediocrity, but it's not because the current offensive staff wasn't getting it done without Papa Briles. 

31 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The thing that gets me isn't the level of talent they have vs us, but the sheer strength of their guys. we looked like a LA Monroe out there tonight. I mean we need to fire Russell and pay their strength and conditioning coach whatever it takes to get him here. I mean it wasn't funny how out classed we were in the strength department.

This. we got whipped all over the place. 

"gus bus". it's an embarrassing phrase altogether.

was prepared to lose this one in a good fight due to injuries, but the our coaches still managed to screw it up.

coach would rather throw in the towel than give jf3 a chance. for uga and for tonight there's "nothing to lose". atleast I thought so. 

if cgm has a mis-firing pistol, he would just let the burglar kill him instead of firing, because he's afraid the pistol won't work right. every other person/coach/old lady on earth would be firing that pistol. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

4 minutes ago, 1913-14 said:

Just listened to Gus at his post game...CLUELESS...A JOKE...

Not surprised the same old stick. We are young and talented and the future is bright.  Not worth listening too it will only upset you knowing we are paying him 4 mil a year. 

2 hours ago, gctiger said:

Like it or not, we're stuck with Gus for at least another season.  Besides, a Gus replacement may bring in his own defensive staff.  While I detest the current situation with our offense, I don't have the stomach for a total reset.  Our defense is damn solid and would likely be even better if the offense could hold their end of the bargain again.  Do whatever is necessary to fix the offense and let's keep moving forward. 

Not if you promote Kevin Steele to head coach, and bring in the younger Briles  as OC.  I love Coach Steele's defense, and want him to stay.  without him, we lose 2-3 more games this year.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

"gus bus". it's an embarrassing phrase altogether.

was prepared to lose this one in a good fight due to injuries, but the our coaches still managed to screw it up.

coach would rather throw in the towel than give jf3 a chance. for uga and for tonight there's "nothing to lose". atleast I thought so. 

if cgm has a mis-firing pistol, he would just let the burglar kill him instead of firing, because he's afraid the pistol won't work right. every other person/coach/old lady on earth would be firing that pistol. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

^This made me laugh. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Not surprised the same old stick. We are young and talented and the future is bright.  Not worth listening too it will only upset you knowing we are paying him 4 mil a year. 

He made $4.35 million 2016 and in 2017 will make $4.6 million.

Archived