Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

4 minutes ago, douggwilliams said:

He is not as good as AU deserves.  We have to wait it out.  But I would say 90% are ready for his Tenure  to be over.   We got one more year.  I really dont care if we keep our recruits.

If he wins 8 or 9 games next year we are stuck with him for another.......unless the AD is part of the change.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes please have to live with this all year again cox play call on 4th should be all anyone needs to see Malzan is no coach ! Need to get rid then we can argue who should be next coach Kevin Green or Will Muschamp but any way they need Cole Cublic on staff! 

28 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Until he wins the bowl game and then, he'll be the guy again because that's how things work here.

Not me. I doubt we win a  bowl game.

3 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Yes please have to live with this all year again cox play call on 4th should be all anyone needs to see Malzan is no coach ! Need to get rid then we can argue who should be next coach Kevin Green or Will Muschamp but any way they need Cole Cublic on staff! 

Your comment on the Cox play is exactly what someone said to me at a party.  Your both right.

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will tell you exactly what I have had enough of: I have had enough of losing to our 2 biggest rivals and losing to 1 of them has 2 of their worst teams the last 2 years. 2 losses that were solely because of bad coaching. Both games we should of won. 

I have had enough of seeing Gus refusal to play our best players regardless of position but namely WR. Your telling me the little walk on rudy kid is going to put fear in that dynasty across the state? Get out of here.

I am tired of HORRIBLE just horrible QB recruiting under Gus and Rhett. How the heck can you not capitalize on the momentum Nick Marshall gave us at the QB position? AND on top of that playing the Cam card. Inexcusable. We swing and miss on our top targets repeatedly. Ever. single. year.

I am tired of BAD SO BAD player evaluations. Would we even know how good Kam Pettway is if jovon did not get kicked, roc did not leave the team and KJ getting banged up? I will say no. NOPE! gus wants to have him as the 2nd string blocking back. JUST BRILLIANT! So your telling me Jerod Evans who has VA TECH in the ACC title game next week and who has nearly 3k yards passing with 26 tds and I DO NOT EVEN KNOW what his rushing stats are was not good enough to being offered a scholly at AU?! NAH WERE GOOD BRUH! We got jf3! WOOOOOO!!!! Lashlee went and saw them play in person and came away wanting to extend the scholly to jf3 and not Evans!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! That is a fireable offense right there. This is not just a 1 time thing. We slow played Lamar Jackson when  he could of been had if we put the full court press on. BUT NO!!!! Lets be satisfied with tyler queen as our lone qb recruit!!! Sean White is solid even really good at times but the staff wanted Brandon Harris more than him. THANK GOD he stayed in state. No telling how bad we would be with Brandon frickin Harris as our QB. 

I have had enough of it taking Gus the first month of a season trying to figure out what kind of team he wants to be for the year. WTF are you doing during spring and fall practice?? The icing on the cake was using CLEMSON!!! THE CLEMSON GAME a top 2 team as a try out for our starting QB position. That may be the single most embarrassing thing Gus has ever done but there is so many things up for this prestigious honor so hard to day.

I have had enough of Gus in game with NO adjustments. Good Lord have mercy. If his original plan works. GREAT! see arkansas and miss st game of how it can go. If it does not were in big trouble because that man has no idea how to fix it. He is incapable of making in game or half time adjustments. TIME AFTER TIME has proven that.

LIKE MANY people have said its not just that we lost its HOW!!! you can point to almost every loss in the gus era and chalk about 90% of them up to bad coaching. Rarely do we get outplayed. 

And lastly I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! of Gus AND rhett piss pour ability or inability WHATEVER to develop HS QBs. JEREMY WAS A COMPLETE and unequivocal bust!!!!!!!!! They put all their eggs in his basket and it literally set back the program for 2 years. Cannot wait to see how they ruin Woody next.......

Yes...thank you!  Gus is full of excuses so someone please send him this post.  Other than Tim Horton, the entire offensive staff needs to go.  And I have had enough of those saying that GM won't be fired.  Why not?  Why accept and prolong mediocrity? 

4 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Yes...thank you!  Gus is full of excuses so someone please send him this post.  Other than Tim Horton, the entire offensive staff needs to go.  And I have had enough of those saying that GM won't be fired.  Why not?  Why accept and prolong mediocrity? 

Don't you know man? We are Auburn. We are better than that.  We only want average teams with good solid kids and we don't care about winning and championships and all that mess.  We aren't bama you know.  Be happy with 8 wins and the Outback Bowl man.  Come on...

5 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Money. However, the utter failure ahead will cost them much more than the buyout. They'll never learn. 

6 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

It doesn't really matter what you or I want. I'm just telling you reality. Unless you just enjoy punishing yourself with further disappointment, get used to the idea that Gus isn't going anywhere this offseason. 

Let's see, Jeremy was given all the chance in the world and could not perform at the level needed. Sean is/was injury prone, but not a bad QB. Gus got the QB he wanted in Woody Barrett, but he did not make the grades to get to Auburn for spring practice, so he wasn't ready this fall. JF3 was brought in because the coaches knew they had all these issues and they wanted some kind of experienced QB, in case the others didn't pan out. How is any of that the coaches fault? Can you get a Jeremy ready? How? Send him to a sports psychologist, I guess. :dunno: What can coaches do to keep Sean from getting hurt or to make Woody get to Auburn in the spring? JF3 was evidently not trustworthy with the passing, but I agree he really didn't have much of a chance in the games. They KNEW they had QB problems from the start. They weren't unaware, like so many people want to think. That's why we were scratching our heads at the Clemson game. So, the coaches planned around all these kids' weaknesses and tried to keep from putting them in positions that they could not succeed. It backfired on them, and it was screwy, I will agree with that. The coaches were most successful when they put their trust in one guy, but he got hurt. Again. QB position stunk this year, and not because of the efforts of the kids, they all gave everything they had, but because all the crazy plays were built around trying to make up for a lack of consistency at that position. I just don't know what further they could have done to solve the problem. And exactly when should they have anticipated this problem? Last recruiting season, everybody wanted Woody and we got him. Jeremy and Sean were highly ranked recruits. JF3 was a last minute "fix".

I think every thing falls into place with great QB play. We just didn't have the personnel for that this year. Each of our QBs had some kind of issue. If we could have merged them into one, no one could have stopped us. Period. Even with our running back issues, I think we would have won all of our games. This whole season all boiled down to the QB position.

Can't back it up, but I believe in my heart if CGM and AU staff were coaching the red team and CNS and UA staff were coaching the white team, The red team would have put an absolute beat down on the white team. NO FREAKING COMPARISON talent wise in these two teams. I am very upset with the entire QB situation, but I do know there were some very good QB's recruited by Gus that chose to go elsewhere. There are good, even very good players on this team, but they are by enlarge surrounded by average ball players.  

Gus needs to hire a good OC/QB coach who can implement a balanced attack and get out of the way.  We are never going to beat the Bammers and LSU's of the world trying to out man them.  

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Let's see, Jeremy was given all the chance in the world and could not perform at the level needed. Sean is/was injury prone, but not a bad QB. Gus got the QB he wanted in Woody Barrett, but he did not make the grades to get to Auburn for spring practice, so he wasn't ready this fall. JF3 was brought in because the coaches knew they had all these issues and they wanted some kind of experienced QB, in case the others didn't pan out. How is any of that the coaches fault? Can you get a Jeremy ready? How? Send him to a sports psychologist, I guess. :dunno: What can coaches do to keep Sean from getting hurt or to make Woody get to Auburn in the spring? JF3 was evidently not trustworthy with the passing, but I agree he really didn't have much of a chance in the games. They KNEW they had QB problems from the start. They weren't unaware, like so many people want to think. That's why we were scratching our heads at the Clemson game. So, the coaches planned around all these kids' weaknesses and tried to keep from putting them in positions that they could not succeed. It backfired on them, and it was screwy, I will agree with that. The coaches were most successful when they put their trust in one guy, but he got hurt. Again. QB position stunk this year, and not because of the efforts of the kids, they all gave everything they had, but because all the crazy plays were built around trying to make up for a lack of consistency at that position. I just don't know what further they could have done to solve the problem. And exactly when should they have anticipated this problem? Last recruiting season, everybody wanted Woody and we got him. Jeremy and Sean were highly ranked recruits. JF3 was a last minute "fix".

I think every thing falls into place with great QB play. We just didn't have the personnel for that this year. Each of our QBs had some kind of issue. If we could have merged them into one, no one could have stopped us. Period. Even with our running back issues, I think we would have won all of our games. This whole season all boiled down to the QB position.

How is that not the coaches fault????? What???? Are you serious???? Wow at the blinders around here. Yes I'm quire sure in year 5 it will all be figured out magically by this staff that runs FB plays at QB on 4 and 3 in the 4th quarter.   Whats the excuse for last year and the year before?  2014 we had a good QB and we were 8-5.  So what makes you think that will fix it all?  Its painfully obvious the man cannot coach at this level!!! There is no shame in admitting that.  We all mostly thought he would be good but he's not! Its so obvious after 4 years it hurts!

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It doesn't really matter what you or I want. I'm just telling you reality. Unless you just enjoy punishing yourself with further disappointment, get used to the idea that Gus isn't going anywhere this offseason. 

@TitanTiger, if you don't mind, regardless of whether you believe Gus is going anywhere this off season, do you think Auburn can have sustained success under Gus?

You can PM me, if you don't want your reply in the public forum.

I'm confused by the play calling. Chandler Cox should never be under center. I thought we had learned this. It was an obvious mistake starting Jeremy Johnson and not JF3, but that's in hindsight. 

Just now, Never2Yield said:

@TitanTiger, if you don't mind, regardless of whether you believe Gus is going anywhere his off season, do you think Auburn can have sustained success under Gus?

You can PM me, if you don't want your reply in the public forum.

IF we can get the QB situation straightened out, yes. I think that will require new blood at OC and letting him make those evaluations.  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

IF we can get the QB situation straightened out, yes. I think that will require new blood at OC and letting him make those evaluations.  

Totally agree with you here. We need a great QB so we can drop the smoke and mirrors game.

1 minute ago, logan adams said:

Gus is not going anywhere though. As @TitanTiger said, he's planted here. His buyout is too much. We owe too much money to other people. He isn't going anywhere. Support him. 

your asking for blind support? that is not smart. I support Auburn but not Gus. Gus has done nothing lately to gain my support.

You mean a great QB like Nick Marshal?  You know, Nick Marshall who returned for his senior season and we went...wait for it...8-5!!!! 
Yep, yall are right, all we need is a QB...smh

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

your asking for blind support? that is not smart. I support Auburn but not Gus. Gus has done nothing lately to gain my support.

Yeah Gwill come on man.  You HAVE to support the coach no matter how dumb he is.  I'm sure there are still some big fans of Doug Barfield on here too. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm not asking for it, but for the sake of it, he's going to stay out coach. 

I just want to sit here as an Auburn fan with no money, watching the game on TV and wishing up to God above that I never see another bubble screen again in my life.  As an Auburn fan thats all I FN want.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah Gwill come on man.  You HAVE to support the coach no matter how dumb he is.  I'm sure there are still some big fans of Doug Barfield on here too. 

lol O GAH! we are heading to those days if something does not change soon.....

Archived