Everybody had Enough?

mom2kid

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

IF we can get the QB situation straightened out, yes. I think that will require new blood at OC and letting him make those evaluations.  

But will Gus get out of the way and let a new OC evaluate QB recruits and let him implement his own game plan and do his own play calling?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Lashlee does leave what about  Larry, the Dr. Pepper guy as OC? He seems to know as much as Gus. Besides, he invented the CFB playoffs. Maybe he knows a way to get us in.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Look, I know the coaches made mistakes. That is clear. They focused and schemed around players' weaknesses, not around their strengths. With all the injuries, they had a lot to work around. But we did have 8 wins, which no one thought we'd have, we are bowl eligible and we have an amazing defense and we are young. Stidham may come our way, but I am not sure I'd want to come to a school with a whiny fan base if I were him. We aren't firing Gus. It won't happen this year. So you might as well show support for the team. Just my opinion. I don't care if anyone agrees with me. 

It doesn't look good on the Stidham front.. Some fans maybe whining but most are just not happy with going 2-6 against Georgia and Alabama. The two wins were by fluke plays but a win is a win. If you look at his body of work Gus has put on the field and it is not that good. He has shown no ability to develop the talent that is there. Keven Steele has done a good  job this year but I won't one year doesn't mean a trend so I am interested to see how next year defense looks. But as for Gus the offense will most likely look the same which if that's what you then you will be happy.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

IF we can get the QB situation straightened out, yes. I think that will require new blood at OC and letting him make those evaluations.  

Realistically, who can we get that would be an effective OC that either Gus trusts or could gain his trust? I seriously believe Gus has trust issues and believes too much in himself.

Just now, Tigercj said:

It doesn't look good on the Stidham front.. Some fans maybe whining but most are just not happy with going 2-6 against Georgia and Alabama. The two wins were by fluke plays but a win is a win. If you look at his body of work Gus has put on the field and it is not that good. He has shown no ability to develop the talent that is there. Keven Steele has done a good  job this year but I won't one year doesn't mean a trend so I am interested to see how next year defense looks. But as for Gus the offense will most likely look the same which if that's what you then you will be happy.

Well said. My biggest frustration is with the whole " well we outperformed expectations" crowd.  Who cares?  Who cares what the media thinks preseason anyway?  They rarely pick the winner right.  And by the way the SEC is trash this year folks. Yay we finished second in a down SEC.  Arky lost to Mizzou. Ole Miss fell apart.  LSU has 4 losses, A&M fell apart like they always do, the East is just atrocious although we did manage to lose to uga again!!! Expectations should be to win 9 or 10 every single year with a .500 or better record against uga and uat.  Not asking that much. 

1 hour ago, mom2kid said:

I can't stand another yr of GM.  Let's hire Chad Morris and keep Steele. 

It is frustrating watching his stubbornness at times.

We were just out-talented today. His stupidity cost us the Clemson game and stubbornness cost us the UGA game, IMO.

Gus isn't going anywhere though. 

3 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Realistically, who can we get that would be an effective OC that either Gus trusts or could gain his trust? I seriously believe Gus has trust issues and believes too much in himself.

Don't know. Kendall Briles still has to be at or near the top of that list.  Maybe Sterling Gilbert from Texas with Charlie Strong's staff gone. 

Just a question maybe someone can answer for me. We start JJ .. bring in Franklin.. let Cox and KJ take snaps at QB.. Not one of those guys has been effective enough.. where is Tyler Queen? why was he not given a chance? 

30 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I'm as frustrated as everyone else with Gus and the QB situation. I never want AU to settle but this Saban thing is melting us all down in the West, not just us. AU or A&M or LSU could be 10 win teams and contending for the SEC east IMO. I jist don't want us to fire Gus to hire an Orgeron or Chizik. 

But the masses think a total reset solves everything.   They're thinking irrationally and don't realize that LSU, a premiere program, had to settle for Orgeron because of a shallow pool of available candidates.  While I'm as upset as anyone, we don't have to hire an Orgeron to go 8-5 next season.  I say give Gus one more season with a different OC/QB coach and then cut him loose if there's no improvement.  Gus is one of the few coaches that's beaten Saban twice.  

One more thing, for all of those that wanted Petrino, he's choked royally with a QB that has Heisman potential so you can remove him from consideration. 

10 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

But will Gus get out of the way and let a new OC evaluate QB recruits and let him implement his own game plan and do his own play calling?

That is the question I would like answered. I give Saban credit for swallowing his pride and hiring Kiffin and giving him control of the offense. Hope Gus can learn that lesson, if not he will/should meet the same fate as Miles.

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It doesn't really matter what you or I want. I'm just telling you reality. Unless you just enjoy punishing yourself with further disappointment, get used to the idea that Gus isn't going anywhere this offseason. 

Can you post anything about this 247 article on jf3? I don't know if you have access to it or not either

reading about it on another board...

Brothers and Sisters,

This old AU Fan has had enough of the board tonight. I enjoy being here 95% of the time, just not when our emotions are running so high. Goodnight to you all.

I believe in Auburn and Love It!

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Don't know. Kendall Briles still has to be at or near the top of that list.  Maybe Sterling Gilbert from Texas with Charlie Strong's staff gone. 

The NCAA has been talking to him about recruiting violations. 

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

That is the question I would like one know the answer to. I give Saban credit for swallowing his pride and hiring Kiffin and giving him control of the offense. Hope Gus can learn that lesson, if not he will/should meet the same fate as Miles.

That's funny....Saban swallowing his pride

10 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I don't mind Gus staying as long as we have a new OC come in and completely change the offense. But that's not going to happen.

You really believe Gus is going to relinquish the reins of the offense? Haven't you heard? He's a genius

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I think this season has shown who the real Baylor offensive mind was.  The other Briles.

@Tigercj, thanks for your measured response. I understand, I am not "happy". having lost to our biggest rivals again. It sucks. I just feel like we had some bad breaks this year. I hope to God he fixes the QB situation. I hope the play calling will make more sense if he does. I am not a football/coaching expert by any means. I just tend to look for reasons for things and try not to knee-jerk in my reactions. I think I will bow out of this conversation, before I get eaten alive.  :blink:

Just now, WeagleAU said:

That's funny....Saban swallowing his pride

Sounds funny, but I think it's true. His offense pre Kiffin was not nearly as effective as it is under Kiffin.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

The NCAA has been talking to him about recruiting violations. 

Talking to him and him being guilty of something are two very different things. 

9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Well said. My biggest frustration is with the whole " well we outperformed expectations" crowd.  Who cares?  Who cares what the media thinks preseason anyway?  They rarely pick the winner right.  And by the way the SEC is trash this year folks. Yay we finished second in a down SEC.  Arky lost to Mizzou. Ole Miss fell apart.  LSU has 4 losses, A&M fell apart like they always do, the East is just atrocious although we did manage to lose to uga again!!! Expectations should be to win 9 or 10 every single year with a .500 or better record against uga and uat.  Not asking that much. 

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I think this season has shown who the real Baylor offensive mind was.  The other Briles.

Didn't help that they lost multiple players including Stidham. 

5 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Can you post anything about this 247 article on jf3? I don't know if you have access to it or not either

reading about it on another board...

JF3 made some comments about him graduating in May and considering a graduate transfer then. 

3 minutes ago, selias said:

You really believe Gus is going to relinquish the reins of the offense? Haven't you heard? He's a genius

I don't really believe that, that's why i said "But that's not going to happen"

Archived