Malzahn vs. Saban

abw0004

16 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I do know.  I am a proud graduate of AU.  I know very well how the AU football program works from the 1982 - 1985 when I was a tutor for the program until today where my best friend growing up works very closely with the AD and was on the Auburn PD before retiring.

wde

yea I am sure. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

:ucrazy:LOL, of course our football program has publicly held itself to a higher level of integrity and sportsmanship. Psst, just so you know, every football factory in the country publicly says they are a beacon of integrity and sportsmanship.   Pat Dye was willing to sell everything to win championships and he came close.  Tubs was not as blatant as Dye but he did come close in 2004.  

wde

Auburn has one of the fewest arrests over the last 5 years in the SEC (11th) with 13.  So while everyone has their opinions if Auburn has a higher standards, the facts say Auburn actually does in who they recruit and how they develop their players into men.  Obviously not every player is a "good apple," or else we would have zero arrests.  But only 13 arrests isn't bad.  Naming a few others - Florida State has 19, Alabama has 18, and Michigan has 14.  There are many others, but I didn't want to type all of that out.  

Auburn also has a zero tolerance policy on any abuse of women.  That's rare for big time schools.  Just ask our Sugar Bowl opponent.  

Malzahn has said he's pleased with his staff. Lets do some adding. In 2013, 12-2, 7-1. In 2014, 8-5, 4-4. In 2015, 7-6, 2-6. So far in 2016, we are 8-4, 5-3.
Total: 35-17, 18-14. For what Jay Jacobs is paying Gus and Rhett, we should be doing a lot better than 35-17 overall and just 18-14 in the SEC record. Also, we only have 1 SEC Championship and zero national championships.

Counting the Sugar bowl, we've only played in just 2 major bowl games in 4 years. The BCS national championship game (which we lost to FSU) and now we'll be playing Oklahoma in the Sugar bowl.

Archived