Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think he is more proven than RL. All everyone says here is RL calls what Gus wanted (until the last 6 games this year), or most plays are Gus' and not RL. I think he could earn a little more than RL did before he left if it was $600,000.

A little more is a far cry from 1 million or above.  You got to understand he is making 400K at Okie Lite. Anything  we offer will be a raise

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also remember that Gus is not on firm footing at this point so there is some risk to any coach coming in. With that in mind the actual price we pay maybe a little more than market value at this junction.

Thought this was an interesting article on Yurcich back in 2014, as whether OSU should give him an extension of his current 2 year contract. They didn't seem too keen on him in the poll, even though it was very little numbers. But he must have stayed the course and gotten better to their liking...

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2014/10/15/6980955/buy-or-sell-oklahoma-state-will-renew-mike-yurcichs-contract

4 hours ago, The Defiant said:

I'm willing to bet 100 Percent, its going to be Herb Hand and 2017 thru 2018 will be the last year of the Gus Malzahn era.

imagegif

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

A little more is a far cry from 1 million or above.  You got to understand he is making 400K at Okie Lite. Anything  we offer will be a raise

I think I read his last raise was to 600 K.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So Gus is busy visiting recruits today

Because he was busy in Atlanta yesterday doing other things.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think I read his last raise was to 600 K.

Which is still under CRL. This is what I mean. We shouldn't oversell at the table. Of course it is not my money haha

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Which is still under CRL. This is what I mean. We shouldn't oversell at the table. Of course it is not my money haha

still close in salary. I think CRL made around $601,000, but he may be getting bonuses somewhere up to $190,000. But salary is very close to MY.

Just now, steeleagle said:

still close in salary. I think CRL made around $601,000, but he may be getting bonuses somewhere up to $190,000. But salary is very close to MY.

I think anywhere from 650 - 775 would be fine, TBH

That would still be a raise, not to mention the bonuses he would receive if he were to be successful.

Just now, DAG said:

I think anywhere from 650 - 775 would be fine, TBH

That would still be a raise, not to mention the bonuses he would receive if he were to be successful.

Don't forget the major upgrade in location. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

I see your point. What I am saying Gus has been told he better get this right , or it could be his last rodeo. So with that thought JJ will let him get the person he believes can save him and he will let him pay top scale for him. I am sure that it will come with a short time line on the contract so any good coach taking the job knows that if Gus goes so does he. That said he would probably go up to 1 million for  on some one like Yurcich but that is probably comes with the two year clause.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Don't forget the major upgrade in location. 

...and the major upgrade in athletes to work with.  Oklahoma State does what they do with mostly 3* or less players.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

:P

I don't think that Ellitor,  Golf or Bird get anything close to enough for putting up with a bunch of folks like me on this site. Of couse Golf would just spend it on PBR anyway.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I see your point. What I am saying Gus has been told he better get this right , or it could be his last rodeo. So with that thought JJ will let him get the person he believes can save him and he will let him pay top scale for him. I am sure that it will come with a short time line on the contract so any good coach taking the job knows that if Gus goes so does he. That said he would probably go up to 1 million for  on some one like Yurcich but that is probably comes with the two year clause.

In logic this sounds right but I don't think they have that much trust in Gus. I truly believe a couple of CGM ideas have absolutely got  shot down and he is being guided.

Everyone should look at what yurich did with mason rudolph and immediately be clamoring for this coach to be our OC. Mason Rudolph came to ok st as a run first guy who was not known as that strong of a passer. He certainly has changed the perception of him the last 2 seasons and especially this past season because of yurich. The people who say he passes to much for their liking? I look at that as a great thing. The further gus gets away from his offense the better it is for Auburn imo. We desperately need new ideas. Our passing game is remedial and depressing lately.

4k yards 28 tds and the biggest plus for me.. ONLY FOUR interceptions for mason rudolph. I really love that. yes pass heavy but still protected the ball. DO not see that a lot in pass first offenses the low INT total.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

In logic this sounds right but I don't think they have that much trust in Gus. I truly believe a couple of CGM ideas have absolutely got  shot down and he is being guided.

While I certainly understand how someone could reach that conclusion, I am skeptical.  If they have so little faith in Gus, and are actively undermining his ideas, why bother keeping him at all?

Houston Texans and their OC, George Godsey (a former GA Tech qb) have "mutually agreed" to part ways, according to YardBarker. He's got experience coaching QBs but I think I'd rather have Yurcich.

6 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

While I certainly understand how someone could reach that conclusion, I am skeptical.  If they have so little faith in Gus, and are actively undermining his ideas, why bother keeping him at all?

Isn't that the million dollar question? I don't think this would be the appropriate time to fire a HC though. That doesn't mean that they aren't in control of the situation. No disrespect but this isn't UM or NS here. Gus is expandable and if he doesn't meet criteria he will be gone. I think he knows that and they know that.  He has no leverage .

10 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don't think that Ellitor,  Golf or Bird get anything close to enough for putting up with a bunch of folks like me on this site. Of couse Golf would just spend it on PBR anyway.

Given we disagree a lot at times 

ekshH4.gif

Just now, ellitor said:

Given we disagree a lot at times 

ekshH4.gif

ewwwwwww goldberg

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes, but the math is like this >2 million to save < 10 million in coach buyouts if Malzahn doesn't get it right. I would say it would be a worthwhile investment. :-)

Archived