Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes, but the math is like this >2 million to save < 10 million in coach buyouts if Malzahn doesn't get it right. I would say it would be a worthwhile investment. :-)

I agree! I just want AU to be successful. I don't care what it takes or if it takes some guidance along the way.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU has always shown to pay top dollar for coordinators but go cheap for head coaches..... until jacobs bids against himself and keeps on giving our coaches raises and extensions.

22 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don't think that Ellitor,  Golf or Bird get anything close to enough for putting up with a bunch of folks like me on this site. Of couse Golf would just spend it on PBR anyway.

It must be rough putting up with objectivity all day long. I personally would rather starve like an Ethiopian.

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everyone should look at what yurich did with mason rudolph and immediately be clamoring for this coach to be our OC. Mason Rudolph came to ok st as a run first guy who was not known as that strong of a passer. He certainly has changed the perception of him the last 2 seasons and especially this past season because of yurich. The people who say he passes to much for their liking? I look at that as a great thing. The further gus gets away from his offense the better it is for Auburn imo. We desperately need new ideas. Our passing game is remedial and depressing lately.

Hold up now. What a minute. Let me get this straight. GWill, Mr Everything Is About Crootin & Development Means Nothing, is in favor of hiring a coach that has not been signing 4* talent left & right. Yup. It's official. I'm in an alternate universe now.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Given we disagree a lot at times 

ekshH4.gif

No sweat I don't take it personally or dwell on it to long either. Life is too short to spend a lot of time worrying about much. Although I spend way to much time worrying about what a bunch of 18 year-olds are going to do. LOL 

Just now, ellitor said:

Hold up now. What a minute. Let me get this straight. GWill, Mr Everything Is About Crootin & Development Means Nothing, is in favor of hiring a coach that has not been signing 4* talent left & right. Yup. It's official. I'm in an alternate universe now.

haha I am less bullish on coordinators. for the record I want our position coaches and head coach as the elite recruiters to clear the air!

Just now, ellitor said:

is awesome!

someone was pro wcw in the monday night wars........ haha

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AU has always shown to pay top dollar for coordinators but go cheap for head coaches..... until jacobs bids against himself and keeps on giving our coaches raises and extensions.

Yea, but Jacobs can always be counted to go all out for big dollar buy outs though.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yea, but Jacobs can always be counted to go all out for big dollar buy outs though.

NO DOUUUUUUBT the #buyoutking

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No sweat I don't take it personally or dwell on it to long either. Life is too short to spend a lot of time worrying about much. Although I spend way to much time worrying about what a bunch of 18 year-olds are going to do. LOL 

Agreed. Life was so much better when I was at the age to & paying much more attention to what young women were doing

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

is awesome!

Don't do the wrestlin' but used run into him in Dawsonville, GA on occasion and he drove some SWEET rides haha.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Don't do the wrestlin' but used run into him in Dawsonville, GA on occasion and he drove some SWEET rides haha.

so it was a DIFFERENT awesome bill from dawsonville you say?!

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

someone was pro wcw in the monday night wars........ haha

Not really. I liked both & and just generally always liked character bad asses like Stone Cold, Untertaker, Brock Lesnar & Goldberg.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So Ellitor and/or Bird, being serious for a minute, besides this OC move who do you guys think might be some AU coaches that might be moved around with a new OC in place?

Rhett was the big 1 I heard so I don't know at this point anything else will be done. That's between Gus & the OC-To Be..

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The reason I ask is that this might be complicating the search. Is Gus willing to give up some coaches for the OC to bring in folks ?

Possibly but I just don't know.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The reason I ask is that this might be complicating the search. Is Gus willing to give up some coaches for the OC to bring in folks ?

I'm thinking Gus is the only one that can answer that.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

But you gotta know the territory!

3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

But you gotta know the territory!

Funny. Never seen that before. I think he knows the territory some though. 4 out of the 6 QBs he signed at OSU were from SEC states (not Texas btw).

Archived