Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn we eating our own....i see some have mentally hired this OSU guy, his WR coach, and pretty much got rid of Kodi after one season. Wonder who we will run off after next season.

George Godsey from Houston Texans is now available 

2 minutes ago, wareagle881 said:

No, the Texans offense was terrible this year

Not the reason they were terrible but I laugh at all the people throwing these pro style guys names out there

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Not the reason they were terrible but I laugh at all the people throwing these pro style guys names out there

Quarterback was horrible, but I guess he can't develop a QB can he......

24 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

George Godsey from Houston Texans is now available 

If it can be a package deal and Jay Prosch comes with him. 

Ok, I am exhausted just trying to keep up with this thread.  If we don't hire an OC soon I am going to have to get helper glasses to save my eyes.

Is there any truth to rumor that original plan may still have some legs?

12 minutes ago, wareagle881 said:

Quarterback was horrible, but I guess he can't develop a QB can he......

Broncos walked away the winner even though they missed the playoffs on this one

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

This is a program that fired a head coach two years after he won its first national championship since Eisenhower was President.  Gus is indeed expendable, and I have no doubt there are criteria to meet.  That said, undermining his decisions (especially in hiring assistants) is likely to only lead to resentment.  If they lack faith in his ability to do what he needs to do or hire who he needs to hire, they should have just dealt out his buyout now instead of later.

Going 3-9 is a tad bit different than 8-5 and a sugar bowl trip. Gus Malzahn goes 3-9 last year and he is fired . Gene chizik goes 8-5 instead of 3-9 with a sugar bowl trip, he buys himself some time. 

As for the undermining, I agree it shouldn't happeneed. That doesn't mean it's not occurring. I personally think GUS wanted KB and it got shot down . This is a former of undermining right there , if accurate. Just my opinion .

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. 10th coach will not be added until April at the earliest. And even then I see Gus going defense for the hire balancing assistants at 5 for O & 5 for D. Hiring another O coach would make it 6 O & 4 D.

I read that most programs are likely to add full-time special teams coordinators.  I wonder if Fountain would be that guy, or if he is better suited for TE/H-backs.  Or maybe he's truly great at both.  Would be nice to free up a position for DE/OLB or CBs or something.

Any thoughts?

WDE!

Mods can we start a new thread just for news on the OC search without all the other stuff?  Some of us would like to know when something actually happens.

5 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Mods can we start a new thread just for news on the OC search without all the other stuff?  Some of us would like to know when something actually happens.

Well, I could be wrong, but I think probably the last actual update was that CRL was leaving.  Everything else has speculation and fluff.

WDE!

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Agreed on both points

Hey Bird, do you think that OSU has the resources that Auburn does when it comes to paying coaches? I know Booger Picker or Pickens has a bit of change in his pocket, but I just do not see him pulling wads of $1000.00 out of his pocket and throwing them at Yurich to remain the OC on staff at OSU. I look at it like this; he has pretty much 0 chances of playing for a NC at OSU. Auburn could be the opportunity for him to practice his craft enough for 3-4 seasons before gaining a HC.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

is awesome!

what happened to Goldberg? My son used to love him as a teenager who never missed a match. It was cheaper to take him to Auburn football games than forking out big bucks to watch a bunch of men in ancient lifeguard apparel act like they were going to kill each other on the next move!

6 hours ago, DAG said:

The bigger issue is how much are we willing to pay? I imagine OSU would definitely match a 600 K salary.

I think at least $1.2 million will be the price we will pay. I do think that Yurich would want a 3 year contract, but one that will not let him go to any other SEC team like Arkansas has with Enos.

Just now, doc4aday said:

I think at least $1.2 million will be the price we will pay. I do think that Yurich would want a 3 year contract, but one that will not let him go to any other SEC team like Arkansas has with Enos.

I just want to know our freaking OC..

Archived