Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

imagegif

Were did you get this idea from? There is 0 chance for Hand to get the OC job. You need to realize that Gus has got to make the biggest decision as HC at Auburn. If Hand was to get the job, this would have happened days ago. This would be a dumb move and one that would likely get Gus fired after the 2017 season. Gus has a lot at stake in that if he craps out and fails next season. Gus would likely never get another HC at a school like Auburn. He needs to right the ship in a huge way for 2017 to keep his job.

I really doubt that Jacobs has much to do with hiring the OC. It is Gus' decision who he wants as his OC.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Were did you get this idea from? There is 0 chance for Hand to get the OC job. You need to realize that Gus has got to make the biggest decision as HC at Auburn. If Hand was to get the job, this would have happened days ago. This would be a dumb move and one that would likely get Gus fired after the 2017 season. Gus has a lot at stake in that if he craps out and fails next season. Gus would likely never get another HC at a school like Auburn. He needs to right the ship in a huge way for 2017 to keep his job.

I really doubt that Jacobs has much to do with hiring the OC. It is Gus' decision who he wants as his OC.

I agree wholeheartedly. JJ has enough decisions of his own to answer for which are less than stellar. He certainly doesn't need any which Gus has a hand in filling up his plate.

16 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Wut

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think at least $1.2 million will be the price we will pay. I do think that Yurich would want a 3 year contract, but one that will not let him go to any other SEC team like Arkansas has with Enos.

I was shocked that our contract with Muschamp didn't have a no-compete clause barring him from other HC jobs in the SEC. Every coach's contract should bar him from taking an SEC job. As a lawyer, I have to say that it might be unenforceable (non-compete clauses involving "professionals" are illegal), but there aren't any cases I'm aware of deciding whether coaches meet the definition of a professional (which traditionally meant doctors, lawyers, clergy and some say educators). It would be enough of a potential monkey wrench to make the parties pause before a coach from AU goes to another SEC school.

Have we fired Gus and JJ yet?  Made Charles Barkley AD yet?  Hired Chip Kelly yet?  Approved to expand the stadium to 100k+ with luxury skyboxes and bottle service?

49 minutes ago, Charhair said:

30 times as much as Gus/Rhett

I do not believe OSU'S Tight Ends are as athletic as Auburn's new guy. They are, if my memory serves, the more traditional big body, possession type. 

3 hours ago, wareagle881 said:

Quarterback was horrible, but I guess he can't develop a QB can he......

I know Brock was brought in and was not good, but wasn't the Savage guy looking pretty good before he got hurt? I believe he was their a few years and "developed " more by Godsey. PLus he had to do something right to get were he was. 

5 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Gus is one Scott Leoffler hire away from getting fired next year. I don't care how long it takes him, he just better get the right man!

Before this weekend 

On 1/16/2017 at 6:53 AM, JMassie11 said:

No I'm not serious ?. A select few however would argue how he's a terrible fit and doesn't have the credentials .

I think it is easy on paying the new OC.You need to be prepared to pay the person you want whatever it takes to get them. Forget the number, pay whatever it takes. If you are not willing to do this, then you are not willing to be competitive. If CGM actually met in the ATL yesterday with the guy from Ok State, I would hope we would start hearing about it this AM. 

9 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Bird, do you think that OSU has the resources that Auburn does when it comes to paying coaches? I know Booger Picker or Pickens has a bit of change in his pocket, but I just do not see him pulling wads of $1000.00 out of his pocket and throwing them at Yurich to remain the OC on staff at OSU. I look at it like this; he has pretty much 0 chances of playing for a NC at OSU. Auburn could be the opportunity for him to practice his craft enough for 3-4 seasons before gaining a HC.

OKst has tons of oil and gas money not just from T Boonne. They could easily pay what's needed if they wanted too. If they would, I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

OKst has tons of oil and gas money not just from T Boonne. They could easily pay what's needed if they wanted too. If they would, I'm not sure.

Given the revolving door of OC's they have had at Oklahoma State under Gundy, I cannot see them being interested in a bidding war to keep one.  Yurcich is the first they have had since Gundy himself was Miles' OC that has stayed for 4 seasons.  Given how big the Air Raid coaching tree is in the Big 12, I think they view their OC's as easily replaceable.

Just now, Strychnine said:

Given the revolving door of OC's they have had at Oklahoma State under Gundy, I cannot see them being interested in a bidding war to keep one.  Yurcich is the first they have had since Gundy himself was Miles' OC that has stayed for 4 seasons.  Given how big the Air Raid coaching tree is in the Big 12, I think they view their OC's as easily replaceable.

I agree.

Just now, bigbird said:

I agree.

I think Oklahoma State could afford it if they wanted to, I just do not think Oklahoma State is interested in paying what Auburn will if Auburn decides they want Yurcich.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I think Oklahoma State could afford it if they wanted to, I just do not think Oklahoma State is interested in paying what Auburn will if Auburn decides they want Yurcich.

Right.  Any OC that goes there will be successful in the same way many of our DC's were under Tubbs.  I'm sure they would love to keep him, but figure it is next man up

7 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I asked this yesterday. Was it to interview the okie st Offensive Coordinator? 

That is the rumor.

Archived