Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No... seriously... he's a second year surgical resident...
https://www.umc.edu/TemplateFiles/UMC_TwoFrame.aspx?pageid=2147510228&wid=6a75a389-487c-4b45-a5ca-452df107ffaf&rid=556a0df7-3d9e-4104-8a93-803c31483cca

He's decided to use his powers for good.

That's great!

9 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

I'm not seeing a lot on social media... Do we have a current Top #1 #2 #3 OC Candidate???  

Speculation in the last 2 days has been:

1. Mike Yurcich OC Ok State

2. Sterlin Gilbert OC Texas and now USF

3. Mark Helfrich former HC and OC Oregon.

Not sure of the order between 2 and 3. Not even sure this is correct anymore. It is very quiet on the AU front as CGM likes it.

5 minutes ago, autigersj said:

Did that source come from www.aufamily.com?

It is kind of funny how so many reporters and people like Brandon Marcello base a lot off of this forum.  We really should test this theory and say something outrageous and have multiple people back it up.  Then lets listen to the podcasts and read the articles to see if it shows up.  It's like if you put a red dye in a stream to see where it ends up.

17 minutes ago, autigersj said:

It is a legit source. John Hoover is a reputable sports info guy. Gus needs to give Yurich the mega oats and close the barn door. The 24K golden barn. Who is the baseball coach at OSU? Maybe we could make a package deal!

14 minutes ago, autigersj said:

This came from a co-host of a sports show in Oklahoma, who sent it out less than an hour ago.

Mike Yurcich, come on down!

Ok - now im interested again. I like this guy but he seems to be at a Run/Pass odds with Gus. I question whether or not Gus will modify his offense to get closer to that 50/50 split while reversing our 1st and 3rd down trends. A hire like this would suggest we could see some real change for the better.

I'd never heard of Yurcich until this coaching search.  But based on what people are saying about him on here it looks like he is everything we need. Is he a good recruiter as well?

Insiders, am I reading too much into things or did Gus already have his guy chosen last week and then JJ nixed his choice and made him choose someone from outside Gus's coaching tree. True or false?

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It is a legit source. John Hoover is a reputable sports info guy. Gus needs to give Yurich the mega oats and close the barn door. The 24K golden barn. Who is the baseball coach at OSU? Maybe we could make a package deal!

OSU Baseball Coach is Josh Holliday. Younger brother is Mike Holliday. Sons of Tom Holliday, former pitching coach at Auburn under Golloway.

1 minute ago, AUcivE09 said:

Ok - now im interested again. I like this guy but he seems to be at a Run/Pass odds with Gus. I question whether or not Gus will modify his offense to get closer to that 50/50 split while reversing our 1st and 3rd down trends. A hire like this would suggest we could see some real change for the better.

Obviously 50/50 is ideal but I'd settle for 60/40 run/pass ratio. 70/30 is too easy to stop if we aren't out-talenting our opposition.

Anyone else find it really weird that Mike Gundy was Les Miles' OC? Gundy loves to throw it and Les is allergic to the forward pass so I was surprised to read that Les was actually Gundy's boss at one point. 

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I'll take our baseball coach.. Butch recruits and is a hell of a pitching coach.. he needs time to get his players into the system.. 

Well, it looks like every outlet is following suit with Yurcich interviewing for our OC job off of that one tweet...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Mike Yurcich Reportedly Interviewing for Offensive Coordinator at Auburn <a href="https://t.co/UhhEGiHnQS">https://t.co/UhhEGiHnQS</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation College (@sbncollege) <a href="https://twitter.com/sbncollege/status/821437732157353985">January 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

OSU Baseball Coach is Josh Holliday. Younger brother is Mike Holliday. Sons of Tom Holliday, former pitching coach at Auburn under Golloway.

I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing! Sgt. Shultz was the best. I wish they still showed that show. It is almost impossible to find any of the old shows that used to come on up till about 10 or so years ago. I have begged DirecTV to carry these. Does anyone know of any channel out there that carries the old sit comes like Hogan's Heroes" ?

I have a deceased great aunt named Sally Holliday whose father was Doc Holliday's brother. (she would be 129 years old as close as I can guess) I have a lot of interesting things going on in my life of which all are factually true!

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wish we could package a deal and bring Kasey Dunn along with Yurcich if it happens haha

You never know.  If Gus is smart, he'll let his OC build his own staff.

9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing! Sgt. Shultz was the best. I wish they still showed that show. It is almost impossible to find any of the old shows that used to come on up till about 10 or so years ago. I have begged DirecTV to carry these. Does anyone know of any channel out there that carries the old sit comes like Hogan's Heroes" ?

I have a deceased great aunt named Sally Holliday whose father was Doc Holliday's brother. (she would be 129 years old as close as I can guess) I have a lot of interesting things going on in my life of which all are factually true!

You can watch all six seasons, full episodes, on YouTube. I watch several episodes each night. 

I also watch Newhart on YouTube. The one where he buys the inn in Vermont. If you search there are quite a few classic shows on YouTube.

Whether they stay up for long is a different story, due to copy rights.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

You never know.  If Gus is smart, he'll let his OC build his own staff.

The only reason why I ask is because that would mean the end for KB as WRs coach..I think the OC should be allowed to assemble his own staff quite frankly.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The only reason why I ask is because that would mean the end for KB as WRs coach..I think the OC should be allowed to assemble his own staff quite frankly.

Rhett hasn't hired a WR coach, yet... just sayin :)

According to Lauren Rew from the Franchise Oklahoma, Oklahoma State Offensive Coordinator Mike Yurcich is interviewing for the same position at Auburn.

Wow. Talk about a shocker.

Auburn began searching for a new OC after theirs, Rhett Lashlee, left for the offensive coordinator position at Connecticut.

Track ‘Em Tigers, Auburn’s Oldest and Most Read Independent Blog (their own words), said this about the Yurcich to Auburn rumors.

Could he be wooed away from what seems like a good spot on Mike Gundy’s staff? No one knows the answer, but we do know that he is one of the best in the business.

In his four seasons in Stillwater, OSU averaged over 450 yards and 36 points per game. In addition, the Cowboys were one of only two teams from the big five conferences to have a quarterback throw for 4,000 yards while producing both a 1,000 yard receiverand a 1,000 yard rusher. If Yurcich were to make the move to the Plains, he could be just what the doctor ordered for Auburn’s anemic passing game.

In our Slack group, we are torn as to whether or not we want Yurcich to leave. On one hand, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, as Running Backs Coach Marcus Arroyo appears to be a great OC-in-waiting.

On the other hand though, do we really want to revamp the offense with Mason Rudolph coming back for his last year? He has learned this offense and worked with it for three years, why change it now?

So, what do you think? Is Yurcich going to leave for the SEC? Will Gundy convince his OC to stay?

I personally think he will stay, but we are curious to hear what you think. Let us know in the comments below!

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2017/1/17/14300048/breaking-mike-yurcich-reportedly-interviewing-for-offensive-coordinator-at-auburn

Now Yurcich interview with AU is on SBNation Cowboys Ride for Free site.

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wish we could package a deal and bring Kasey Dunn along with Yurcich if it happens haha

It would be ideal.

Archived