Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

39 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It is a legit source. John Hoover is a reputable sports info guy. Gus needs to give Yurich the mega oats and close the barn door. The 24K golden barn. Who is the baseball coach at OSU? Maybe we could make a package deal!

I'll take our baseball coach.. Butch recruits and is a hell of a pitching coach.. he needs time to get his players into the system.. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oracle79 said:

And wasn't this posted 2 or 3 days ago on here that GM was picking the dude up in Atlanta to interview him.  Breaking news...:laugh:

The thinking is, this is possibly a second interview in Auburn.

Also want to point out that offense in todays game is different then it was in the games a decade ago.  This year the average score went above 30 points per game for the first time ever at 30.4.   To be a top 20 offense you have to average 38 points per game.  

beer.jpg

Latest names popping up on the Interweb:  

Tee Martin USCw 

Jeff Scott Clemson

Mike Yurcich (his name still coming up saying he is interviewing.

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

Greg Brown?

If I follow the logic correctly, a doofus is some one you just hear and a goober is one that you see.  Now, there maybe a leap of logic in there somewhere, but that's what I got.  So it can't be Greg Brown.

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Tee Martin USCw 

Jeff Scott Clemson

Not sure Tee Martin has enough experience with QBs and play-calling, or that he would want to leave for any SEC school other than UT.

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Tee Martin USCw 

Jeff Scott Clemson

Tee Martin would be one hell of a pull. he has been in demand for years and has never really came close to jumping from usc. He is one of the best recruiters in the country. He just called plays for the first time this past season. Having said all that I doubt he moves. He has a future nfl qb the next 2 seasons.

7 minutes ago, 1974AUgrad said:

beer.jpg

If it said PBR instead of beer I bet I would know who that is. LOL

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tee Martin would be one hell of a pull. he has been in demand for years and has never really came close to jumping from usc. He is one of the best recruiters in the country. He just called plays for the first time this past season. Having said all that I doubt he moves. He has a future nfl qb the next 2 seasons.

Plus it would be a bit of an odd fit given that Martin's background playing and coaching is all pro-style offenses.  Not saying it can't be done, but it's not the most common way to go.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Interweb word is that he has an interest in coaching in the SEC now. Tenn is supposedly leaning toward promoting someone from within. Tee Martin is also from AL so, he may have some interest. Doubt he is the leader in the field now. It is interesting though. I agree, he has a potentally really great QB at USC right now. We may too though at AU. 

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The thinking is, this is possibly a second interview in Auburn.

Thanks for clarifying.  Hadn't seen that said anywhere, but that makes the breaking news part make sense at least.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Plus it would be a bit of an odd fit given that Martin's background playing and coaching is all pro-style offenses.  Not saying it can't be done, but it's not the most common way to go.

bingo. That could also be another issue. the differences would be to much to overcome even if he were legit interested. He also has only coached WRs at USC as well. If we were to hire him I bet it would push kodi out and we would still go hire a top notch QB coach. Something I would not be opposed to either.

Tee Martin is from AL? Did we recruit him?

Edit: Just read him and Dameyune Craig are friends. That was part of why he didn't apparently want to come to AU. He didn't want to compete with Craig for QB.

Also that most likely means Tee Martin is definitely not coming to AU because if DC and TM are truly friends, I'm sure there are some unflattering stories DC has about CGM that would influence him

Just now, Tiger said:

Tee Martin is from AL? Did we recruit him?

no idea if AU recruited him but he is from williamson in mobile,al

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

no idea if AU recruited him but he is from williamson in mobile,al

You got me before my edit, I'll just paste the edited portion:

Just read him and Dameyune Craig are friends. That was part of why he didn't apparently want to come to AU. He didn't want to compete with Craig for QB.

Also that most likely means Tee Martin is definitely not coming to AU because if DC and TM are truly friends, I'm sure there are some unflattering stories DC has about CGM that would influence him

Side note: Tee Martin wanted to come back to UT as a grad assistant but they rejected him! National Championship winning QB for the school and they wouldn't accept him as a GA! I wonder who the coach was when that happened. I'm not sure what year it was. I doubt Fulmer would've said no to that though.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If I follow the logic correctly, a doofus is some one you just hear and a goober is one that you see.  Now, there maybe a leap of logic in there somewhere, but that's what I got.  So it can't be Greg Brown.

Yeah, I sometimes get my two-syllable words with a double-o in the first syllable confused.

Offenses are evolving into a blend of both offenses and using whichever one works best in creating mismatches with defensive schemes and gameplans

Archived