Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You, my friend, sound like you need to sit aside a little time to watch a movie called "The Other Guys".

"Don't you dare badmouth Star Wars! That was all accurate!"     T. Hoitz

Great movie.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

A chance to work w/ the genius behind the whirlybird and QB carousel has to be enticing for any OC in the country.

The chance to work with the author of one of the most prolific turn-arounds in college football history, the first OC to have a 5,000 yard passer, 1,000 yard rusher and 3 1,000 yard receivers in a single season, who ran the most prolific offenses in the nation in 3 of his 7 years as an OC, and won a national championship... yea, that might actually be pretty enticing.  

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The chance to work with the author of one of the most prolific turn-arounds in college football history, the first OC to have a 5,000 yard passer, 1,000 yard rusher and 3 1,000 yard receivers in a single season, who ran the most prolific offenses in the nation in 3 of his 7 years as an OC, and won a national championship... yea, that might actually be pretty enticing.  

Except he's yet to do much of any of which you described in the middle since becoming our HC.

26 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I didn't think peacocks fly a lot and when they do, they don't fly very far? :dunno:

They strut,

famously

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Except he's yet to do much of any of which you described in the middle since becoming our HC.

Ummmmm... that's because he's not an OC anymore.  Those were his credentials as an Offensive Coordinator and a reason other Offensive Coordinators might actually want to work with him.

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That is much better to hear if this is what Gus wants and is willing to do. So if someone like Yurcich is hired, then we won't recognize his prior offenses? I would much rather use a proven OC's success, and then add some of Gus' plays that were very successful.

My guess is that is what you will see... Obviously the OC will have to tailor his offense to our personnel, but I doubt you are going to see a new OC come in and try to run what we have been running.

If Gus can implement the whirly-bird from Chandler Cox's HS coach he can certainly implement portions of an offense that actually works at this level

35 minutes ago, autigersj said:

I just went and watched some OKState highlights. Nobody can tackle in the Big12 apparently. Passing game looked nice though!

Except the Sooners in the Sugar Bowl.  They appeared to tackle very well against us!

10 minutes ago, AUTi9er96 said:

Except the Sooners in the Sugar Bowl.  They appeared to tackle very well against us!

Lol I think I still hear the sound of Kam Pettway getting rocked. If the QB issue wasn't enough I'm sure seeing our strongest, most imposing guy getting jacked up like that affected our guys mentally. Pettway had probably never been hit like that in his entire life.

15 minutes ago, AUTi9er96 said:

Yeah... They really did pretty well against us. Once SW was hurt it was just a stack the box game.

Watch this to see what I mean about the tackling:

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

A chance to work w/ the genius behind the whirlybird and QB carousel has to be enticing for any OC in the country.

Would those 2 plays have worked against a high school defense, or do we have to go all he way back to Pop Warner to find one?

13 minutes ago, autigersj said:

Watch this to see what I mean about the tackling:

I don't know that it's as much a tackling problem as it is that their angles were awful.  By the time anyone got to the ball carrier, they were already behind him.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know that it's as much a tackling problem as it is that their angles were awful.  By the time anyone got to the ball carrier, they were already behind him.

I also would not infer too much about tackling from a highlight video.

Thread update:

Our next OC must also be focused on teaching proper tackling technique.

Am I caught up?

;D

3 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

Thread update:

Am I caught up?

;D

And he must either:

look like he can relate to his recruits

have an impressive resume 

not look like he did a keg stand with Red Bull.

8 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

Thread update:

Am I caught up?

;D

I think it's more that he must realize that they actually play tackle football in the SEC, and scheme accordingly... but point taken :)

4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Ok, I heard it on a radio show yesterday but the guy is a doofus (im just starting to form an opinion about the guy and so far its doofus) therefore i didnt know if he had any real info.

Greg Brown?

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Dr. Christopher politely declined... he's too busy saving lives to worry about winning football games.

Christopher doesn't save lives; he just decides not to take them. 

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

Christopher doesn't save lives; he just decides not to take them. 

No... seriously... he's a second year surgical resident...
https://www.umc.edu/TemplateFiles/UMC_TwoFrame.aspx?pageid=2147510228&wid=6a75a389-487c-4b45-a5ca-452df107ffaf&rid=556a0df7-3d9e-4104-8a93-803c31483cca

He's decided to use his powers for good.

Just now, aufootball1 said:

I'm not seeing a lot on social media... Do we have a current Top #1 #2 #3 OC Candidate???  

No one knows for sure... Gus keeps these things very close to the sweater vest.

Archived