2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Hill will sign with us in February. 

you got inside info or are you just calling your shot? because the tea leaves is going the other way.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fredst said:

If Hill ends up elsewhere after an early commit, longtime fandom, etc.....

D0E2030F-BF02-418C-BAD8-2AE3758D27B1.gif

I have never seen "I'm a big fan of..." or "been their fan all my life"  make the slightest difference in where a recruit ends up. It falls through so often that I cringe when some kid we want starts the fan stuff, and when somebody we're after says he's been a fan of some other school I think it helps us. Strange but true.

• Like 1

Well then, he is in no sense committed to Auburn. He said he was committed and accepted our offer in order to reserve a place for himself on the big stage, then went looking for more appealing situations. We're his "Holla' Back Girl", nothing more.

I don't know a solution for this way of doing things but I don't like it at all.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well then, he is in no sense committed to Auburn. He said he was committed and accepted our offer in order to reserve a place for himself on the big stage, then went looking for more appealing situations. We're his "Holla' Back Girl", nothing more.

I don't know a solution for this way of doing things but I don't like it at all.

If we pull off a shocker with Jamarr Chase then I'll be glad to let Hill go.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

If Hill has played straight with the coaches, maybe it's ok.  I don't see how that is possible.  These players know what they are doing and Hill isn't showing much class here IMO.

Nothing to base this on, but I feel he is not going to be at Auburn.  

I didn't know this WR (Chase) was in the mix....anything about him 'leaning' or having ties?  I presume he has ties to LSU.

I wonder if there is a player that can be flipped that had a tremendous senior year and wants Auburn or wanted an Auburn offer all along....

Edited by Beaker

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

If Hill has played straight with the coaches, maybe it's ok.  I don't see how that is possible.  These players know what they are doing and Hill isn't showing much class here IMO.

Nothing to base this on, but I feel he is not going to be at Auburn.  

Recruiting is a big game of chicken and recruits & staffs alike play it. My guess is after Clemson struck out on Smoke they put the full court press on Hill as a Safety. Also Clemson has 0 Safeties in their class while we are poised to sign 3 or 4 WRs in this class to go along with the 8 on roster returning as of now. If he is open to playing DB he may see there as an earlier opportunity for PT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

If we pull off a shocker with Jamarr Chase then I'll be glad to let Hill go.

IMG_0954.GIF

Edited by ellitor

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_0954.GIF

Do a twitter search. He was supposed to visit for the iron bowl but was injured in a game the day before & couldn't make it. It's an LSU, AU, Michigan battle right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Do a twitter search. He was supposed to visit for the iron bowl but was injured in a game the day before & couldn't make it. It's an LSU, AU, Michigan battle right now.

Thanks.  On the surface, I like those chances.   

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I didn't know this WR (Chase) was in the mix....anything about him 'leaning' or having ties?

No.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I presume he has ties to LSU.

Sometimes family in Louisiana actually want their kids to go out of state.

• Like 1

HILL HAS BEEN PISSING ME OFF FOR MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!! He is one of those legit lifelong fans and not just someone who says it. He grew up a AU fan and was raised that way this hay should of been put in the barn already THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! Not only did he not sign in the early signing period (IDC that he said for months he was always going to wait.) He did not help us recruit anyone and looks to have distanced himself from AU. How as a AU fan and commit can you go to the georgia and bama games and not just end your recruitment right there?! We still may hang on to him but the coaches should not be having to put this much time and resources hanging on to this guy. Really disappointed in him. He was a guy I had pegged as one of the leaders of this class when he committed. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HILL HAS BEEN PISSING ME OFF FOR MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!! He is one of those legit lifelong fans and not just someone who says it. He grew up a AU fan and was raised that way this hay should of been put in the barn already THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! Not only did he not sign in the early signing period (IDC that he said for months he was always going to wait.) He did not help us recruit anyone and looks to have distanced himself from AU. How as a AU fan and commit can you go to the georgia and bama games and not just end your recruitment right there?! We still may hang on to him but the coaches should not be having to put this much time and resources hanging on to this guy. Really disappointed in him. He was a guy I had pegged as one of the leaders of this class when he committed. 

c2a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

c2a.gif

Deibcfv.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

C4916142-CA8D-4C47-B8AB-055698DD1F17.gif

• Haha 1

Lack of integrity.   Too many are always looking for "more"

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He wants to play safety for early PT? Has he seen our defensive backfield? 

Two guys, just in his class, are gonna be much better safeties than him. Mr. Hill is a heckuva receiver, he needs to come show it at AU. Having said that, if Clemson wanted him as a WR I could unfortunately understand why he’d pick them over us.

• Like 1