Hillary Clinton reveals she still doesn't get why she lost

TitanTiger

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So you agree with him that it was a biblical miracle that Trump was elected? Doesn't that sound a little 'off' to you?

Where did he say it was a miracle? I am simply expressing with his belief that God answers prayers. At this point, I sure think he answered mine concerning the last election. And I pray daily for God's guidance of President Trump and hope he..like King David in the Psalms, prays to God all the time.

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I can't imagine Donald or Hillary being the answer to a prayer.  

God does not always give you the answer that you want hear ITCHY. 

24 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Where did he say it was a miracle? I am simply expressing with his belief that God answers prayers. At this point, I sure think he answered mine concerning the last election. And I pray daily for God's guidance of President Trump and hope he..like King David in the Psalms, prays to God all the time.

Numerous Christians prayed for a miracle and God provided

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

S

I missed the miracle part but it doesn't change my posts and I guess you could call it a miracle when all the experts were saying Trump had no path to win the presidency

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are kidding yourself if you think any right wing evangelical voters would ever have voted for Clinton, regardless of what she might have done.

Hating Hillary Clinton was and always will be an integral part of their core belief system.  It was never negotiable. To suggest her failure to "reach out" to right wing Christians cost her the election is nonsense.  

I know some who did. 

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

God does not always give you the answer that you want hear ITCHY. 

LOL!  True but then again, I don't recall ever praying for the outcome of an election.  Faith in politics seems misplaced to me.  Faith in Donald or Hilary seems like corrupted faith. I realize God works in mysterious ways but,,,I can't imagine self-serving, deceptive, immoral politicians as one of those ways.

I have prayed for God to ease/end the suffering of the people of the Middle East.  So, I suppose you could be right.  I'm just not sure an election result was necessary.  Still, I will not pretend to have superior knowledge of God.  I will leave that to others.

To me, its similar to praying before a game. When we pray before a game its not that we win or lose. We pray for protection, focus, and composure. In the same way, many didn't pray specifically for a Trump win or Hillary loss

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Sure you do.

I did but admittedly, I am atypical.  I see the human equation having more parts than simply abortion.  I find the "war on Christianity" as contrived.  I find political Christianity an abomination and corruption of the love of Christ.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To me, its similar to praying before a game. When we pray before a game its not that we win or lose. We pray for protection, focus, and composure. In the same way, many didn't pray specifically for a Trump win or Hillary loss

We aren't suppose to pray for God to smite our enemies and, cast down showers of blessings upon us?

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Sure you do.

I didn't say I know many. But, you probably know more about the right-wing Christians I know than I do. 

My mom and step-dad are both right-wing evangelicals. My step dad is very politically conservative. When my mom told me they both voted for Clinton, I couldn't believe it, especially from him. It was very surprising coming from them. I asked why, and she told me that the night before the election they prayed about it, and when they woke up on Tuesday, they both felt like Clinton was the person they trusted more with nuclear codes, if America should be attacked, for instance. They didn't feel like they could trust Trump, and thought at least with Clinton, they knew what they were getting. 

15 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I didn't say I know many. But, you probably know more about the right-wing Christians I know than I do. 

My mom and step-dad are both right-wing evangelicals. My step dad is very politically conservative. When my mom told me they both voted for Clinton, I couldn't believe it, especially from him. It was very surprising coming from them. I asked why, and she told me that the night before the election they prayed about it, and when they woke up on Tuesday, they both felt like Clinton was the person they trusted more with nuclear codes, if America should be attacked, for instance. They didn't feel like they could trust Trump, and thought at least with Clinton, they knew what they were getting. 

I like their spirit.  It has nothing to do with politics but rather, the humble faith in asking God to lead them, rather than an arrogant faith that attempts to lead God.

God bless them.

Look at Romans 13:1

Man, I never realized God would approve xenophobia, misogyny, ridiculing the handicapped and turning your back on refugees.

Guess I don't know as much about Christianity as I thought I did. <_<

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Man, I never realized God would approve xenophobia, misogyny, ridiculing the handicapped and turning your back on refugees.

Guess I don't know as much about Christianity as I thought I did. <_<

In the minds of some, He sanctioned the near extermination of the American Indian and, the enslavement of Africans.  I guess it depends upon how you interpret His love?

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Guess I don't know as much about Christianity as I thought I did<_<

Eh....nope. Too easy. 

Ephesians 5:22-24 ESV

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Could this be read as misogynistic ? Maybe just a little ? :gofig: 

Just askin'

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

Eh....nope. Too easy. 

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Just askin'

How long you been married, Rapture? 

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Eh....nope. Too easy. 

Just askin'

Hard to read misogyny into that when you read the full section in context:

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

On 4/7/2017 at 8:50 AM, TitanTiger said:

... ...As long as she keeps pointing fingers at Comey, the Russians, misogynists...she'll just continue to reinforce one of the biggest reasons she's headed into retirement instead of sitting in the Oval Office.

For 6 months prior to the election voters knew who the principals were going to be, and if they weren't totally dismayed at the prospects of having to choose between two unlikable candidates then they convinced themselves as to who was the lessor of two evils.  Divine intervention aside, I'm sure there's a rational reason why HRC lost a totally winnable race.  I think the explanation has more to do with political science than with "misogyny."  Trump's victory was pretty much unexpected.  Only two polls correctly predicted his win:  Investor's Business Daily TIPP and the LA Times/USC Daybreak tracking poll.  I also believe that the ship of state rarely moves in a straight line -- it will lurch in one direction, then correct itself by lurching in the other.  I'm hopeful this recent election means the end of dynasty politics.  However, when I hear of people touting Michelle, Chelsea or even Ivanka as possible candidates for whichever office, I'm not willing to bet on that(!) 

5 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

For 6 months prior to the election voters knew who the principals were going to be, and if they weren't totally dismayed at the prospects of having to choose between two unlikable candidates then they convinced themselves as to who was the lessor of two evils.  Divine intervention aside, I'm sure there's a rational reason why HRC lost a totally winnable race.  I think the explanation has more to do with political science than with "misogyny."  Trump's victory was pretty much unexpected.  Only two polls correctly predicted his win:  Investor's Business Daily TIPP and the LA Times/USC Daybreak tracking poll.  I also believe that the ship of state rarely moves in a straight line -- it will lurch in one direction, then correct itself by lurching in the other.  I'm hopeful this recent election means the end of dynasty politics.  However, when I hear of people touting Michelle, Chelsea or even Ivanka as possible candidates for whichever office, I'm not willing to bet on that(!) 

Maybe so, but let's not forget more people thought Trump was the greater evil than not.

3 hours ago, alexava said:

How long you been married, Rapture? 

Deflection - check

Not answering the question - check

Asking irrelevant follow up question - check

Why even bother 

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Deflection - check

Not answering the question - check

Asking irrelevant follow up question - check

Why even bother 

You could get one of them Syrian refugees pretty easy.

Archived