2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

No matter how connected a person is I wish nobody would say things like this. It's like straight up daring the football gods. We are 1 or 2 key injuries away from another 8-5 or worse season happening & that will likely cost us Fields because all bets will be off with the staff.

Just saying how I feel. I agree an injury could cost us just like every other team in the country minus maybe bama and Ohio state. This is our year trust me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No matter how connected a person is I wish nobody would say things like this. It's like straight up daring the football gods. We are 1 or 2 key injuries away from another 8-5 or worse season happening & that will likely cost us Fields because all bets will be off with the staff.

Stop with those negative waves e..........................:poke:

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

Just saying how I feel. I agree an injury could cost us just like every other team in the country minus maybe bama and Ohio state. This is our year trust me.

After seeing AU football the last 8 season in particular I only trust results. Nothing against you at all.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Stop with those negative waves e..........................:poke:

Just trying to keep the :jossun: balanced out.

21 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We are in VERY Good shape here. VERY. Things can always change but only way I see us losing Fields is flopping on the field which isn't gonna happen.

Don't always agree with 23 but I do on this one..........................................for now

All AU sources feel we are in good shape here but a lot still has to happen to get the W.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

All AU sources feel we are in good shape here but a lot still has to happen to get the W.

Basically we have to show it on the field. JF prefers AU and FSU family prefers AU and UGA. All coaches at AU & FSU etc feel AU leads which is why I am kind of confused at the confidence coming from other teams. UF is a non factor atm. We have the momentum and minus a terrible visit for JF this week which he will be bringing along a stud WR I don't see us losing this one. Now if we flop this year all bets off. Like I said I believe this is our year.

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

which is why I am kind of confused at the confidence coming from other teams.

UGA confidence is coming from mom I imagine. Word is pops is telling sources of multiple teams what they want to hear just to try to keep things guessing.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I can tell from this post alone that E is a true Auburn man! This is such an Auburn mindset, lol. Never let some good positive vibes stop you from worrying about a worst case scenario ? I say this as another true Auburn man that often thinks this way....

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

UGA confidence is coming from mom I imagine. Word is pops is telling sources of multiple teams what they want to hear just to try to keep things guessing.

That's scary...

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I can tell from this post alone that E is a true Auburn man! This is such an Auburn mindset, lol. Never let some good positive vibes stop you from worrying about a worst case scenario ? I say this as another true Auburn man that often thinks this way....

Right now I'm cautiously optimistic because it can all change quickly. This is recruiting afterall.

Just now, ellitor said:

Right now I'm cautiously optimistic because it can all change quickly. This is recruiting afterall.

Now you're just tempting fate, lol...

I don't remember 23 ever being this confident in a recruit.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

After seeing AU football the last 8 season in particular I only trust results. Nothing against you at all.

It has been the same for the over 55 years I've seen it.  Some things never change but we can hope!

4 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I don't remember 23 ever being this confident in a recruit.

I have. Most turned out AU's way.

I've read where sources from AU, UGA, and FSU all like their chances of signing Fields. But I would love to know what Fields feels in his heart of hearts.:wareagle: I hope this is how he feels.

47 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I've read where sources from AU, UGA, and FSU all like their chances of signing Fields. But I would love to know what Fields feels in his heart of hearts.:wareagle: I hope this is how he feels.

FWIW 23 is the 3rd AU source I've seen say FSU's staff feels we lead. Also noteworthy IMO even though FSU has the most crystal ball picks none are from FSU reporters. There are 2 FSU reporters for 247. 1 has a foggy pick. The other hasn't made a pick yet.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW 23 is the 3rd AU source I've seen say FSU's staff feels we lead. Also noteworthy IMO even though FSU has the most crystal ball picks none are from FSU reporters. There are 2 FSU reporters for 247. 1 has a foggy pick. The other hasn't made a pick yet.

That is the word from the folk I know. 

@WarDamnEagleWDE, @austudnt23, @augolf1716, @ellitor

Is there any chance JF commits before the season?

On one hand, I'm sure he wants to make sure he means it this time. So waiting to make sure makes sense  

On the other hand, an earlier commitment can help impact the class with some very positive momentum. 

8 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

On one hand, I'm sure he wants to make sure he means it this time. So waiting to make sure makes sense  

On the other hand, an earlier commitment can help impact the class with some very positive momentum. 

Not on your list, but word was he was going to commit in August. I think the point most are making is that it looks like we'll get his commitment, but if he doesn't see what he wants to on the field, we'll just be the next Penn State.

38 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

See WDE's post below. He's leaning to taking his OVs before committing as of now.

38 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

an earlier commitment can help impact the class with some very positive momentum.

The momentum will be as great from a recruiting standpoint regardless if he commits to us in August or waits til November. 

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

word was he was going to commit in August.

Now outdated by a week or 2.

37 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Don't think so. 

So fsu feels that we lead and our insiders on here think we are in good position. Hopefully the visit takes us over the top. I mean, he likes us so much that he brought Kearis Jackson with him. Anybody know what would more likely be done at the visit? Activities with players? Sit-down with Chip?

Archived