2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

But back to Justin...really hope we land him! He's impressive every time I watch him on tape. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

A lot of talk about looks and money... but what about her personality?

Personality? What is that?

19 hours ago, corchjay said:

Take 1 elite level QB every year you can.  Not sure why this has turned into a who we would prefer better because this time last year Fields wasn't a huge recruit like he is or even remotely on the same level as Nix so to think one is more ready then the other I have no idea how someone can come to that conclusion on 7v7 tournaments.

Have to remember Byron Cowart was a top 5 player and he's yet to perform at an extremely high level hopefully it changes this year.  Lawson was top 5 but stayed injured for 2 years.  Monty was extremely high top 25ish and he performed well his junior year and very well his senior year.  

I'm just trying to say this one guy isn't greater then the other 22-24 other players we will sign this year.  You have to add quality on top of quality year after year.

Back on topic though I'll take Fields and Nix.  Let the best man win and the other battle to make the team better.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

Not trying to be a smart a$$, just curious is this what you think or what you have heard from the coaches?

Both. He is the top target on our board and the top qb which is a position of immediate need. Make no mistake the coaches know how important for us to close the deal with Fields. Fields could also help us with a 5 star OL amd another WR besides Ross who I am hearing Auburn still, but like I have stated before with a kid bama has made a priority in state I am hesitate to say for sure he will sign with AU. Everyone inside the program is very confident with Ross though as well as Fields.

23 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I apologize in advance, as I'm sure the answer is buried in this thread. Is Fields committing prior to the season?

Was going to but now looks like he will take his OVs first which should be good for us.

NO ONE has a clue where this kid is going. He has all of these recruiting guys chasing their tail. It is like messing around with a cat with a laser pointer. I do believe Auburn, Fsu and Georgia are the main players though. If he waits till later in his season that will work most in our favor. 1306235375_cat_vs_laser_pointer.gif

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

1306235375_cat_vs_laser_pointer.gif

^^^^^Mizzou's D chasing Tre Mason at the SECCG. The cat watching is Gus.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

^^^^^Mizzou's D chasing Tre Mason at the SECCG. The cat watching is Gus.

HAHAHAH PERFECT!!! 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

he can enjoy the high life when his girl is the daughter of one of the houston rockets owners!!! haha I doubt he is footing the bill for any of those trips. He chose right!

Dang!!! I didn't know that ?. He is set!

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Was going to but now looks like he will take his OVs first which should be good for us.

Why does it help us if he waits? All of our gurus say we are in very good shape at the moment. It seems to me that we'd be much better off if he commits to Auburn right now because who can guess where we'll stand after a bunch of time passes and visits to other schools are made. If there is some other school he'd commit to if he was to commit today who would that be? I have seen no mention of such a school. It seems we'd want to take our chances with him pulling the trigger now rather than later.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Why does it help us if he waits? All of our gurus say we are in very good shape at the moment. It seems to me that we'd be much better off if he commits to Auburn right now because who can guess where we'll stand after a bunch of time passes and visits to other schools are made. If there is some other school he'd commit to if he was to commit today who would that be? I have seen no mention of such a school. It seems we'd want to take our chances with him pulling the trigger now rather than later.

I agree.  we need a face of this recruiting class.  It was supposed to be Joey but the fans act like he's some side show.  Kid has been true to us for over 2 years and with a change in primary recruiter and offensive philosophy.  I'm all for Fields don't get me wrong but us old farts know a bird in hand is better then 2 in the bush.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

1. He gets to see if Gus lets Chip actually have an explosive, efficient passing offense to complement the run O. If Stidham, or even Sean pass well if Stidham gets hurt, it only helps our case. 2. An earlier commit increases FSU & UGA's chances. He's telling the 3 sraffs what they want to hear right now.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. He gets to see if Gus lets Chip actually have an explosive, efficient passing offense to complement the run O. If Stidham, or even Sean pass well if Stidham gets hurt, it only helps our case. 2. An earlier commit increases FSU & UGA's chances. He's telling the 3 sraffs what they want to hear right now.

I can follow all but the highlighted.  If he committed early and shut things down, don't see how that increases other's chances unless we aren't in as good of shape as being let on.  If that's the case, then committing early would mean committing to someone else.

34 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

I can follow all but the highlighted.  If he committed early and shut things down, don't see how that increases other's chances unless we aren't in as good of shape as being let on.  If that's the case, then committing early would mean committing to someone else.

Essentially he wouldn't be shutting anything down if he committed earlier. He wants to commit right before his season and then focus solely on his senior football season. 

37 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

All I'm saying is their chances With #2 are better now before we have a good passing year, than during or after. I didn't say their chances were better than AU's. Does that make more sense?

If I was JF's parent, I would be saying tap the brakes and see how the first few games play out (kinda saying what E is saying).  He just decommitted from PSU, no need in having to relive that drama.  

Commiting before his season is nice, but not a big deal if he secretly chooses a program in August and then waits 3-4 weeks to see if they start off well.   Mentally, his choice will be made.  he just has to tell programs to back off and let him breathe.

FWIW I just saw another connected source agree with 23 & WDE on AU's confidence of getting Fields. I just hope it holds true in the end.

giphy.gif

Just noticed that his Official visit is the same day as our media day...He's visited before but does it matter that Gus won't be there this time?

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Just noticed that his Official visit is the same day as our media day...He's visited before but does it matter that Gus won't be there this time?

That's an extremely odd time for a prospect to be on an official visit. I don't recall ever having that happen before. That could be either good or bad I suppose but it's very unusual.

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

One thought:  he is comfy with Gus and his focus is about the depth chart/J Stidham's future, culture, and Coach Lindsey and his plans.  Seems logical.

Archived