2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

My last post regarding J Fields choosing Auburn:

When was our future brighter:  2009 or now?   Not even close...And in 2009 Cam chose Auburn.  Heisman and Natl Championship followed....But our future is brighter NOW vs. 2009.

Now Jason Stidham could've gone anywhere, he chose Auburn in 2016.  Since then, we have upgraded receiving corps and our OC/QB coach!    Which is better the team in Dec 2016 or now?   NOW!!!  

Heck - Look at what Gus did in 2013 with a DB at QB...I love Nick Marshall and his contribution.  

Time is NOW for Ross and Fields AND GATEWOOD for many reasons.    

WDE!

C'mon, superfan, his name is Jason Statham.

WDE!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

C'mon, superfan, his name is Jason Statham.

WDE!

Lol! If Jarrett fights defenders off of him in the pocket like him that'll be awesome.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

When was our future brighter:  2009 or now?   Not even close...And in 2009 Cam chose Auburn.  Heisman and Natl Championship followed....But our future is brighter NOW vs. 2009.

Brighter future is not as relevant as staff stability right now as it pertains to recruiting. That was Chiz's staff's 1st year. They had a few years of security built in for them. This staff doesn't have that security right now. If we win 10 or more this season plus get Fields & Ross to stabalize things then yes the future of this team can be brighter than 2009 if we run off a few highly successful seasons in a row but as of today it's too murky to truly say that. Potentially brighter yes. unequivocally so then no.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Time is NOW for Ross and Fields AND GATEWOOD for many reasons.

Those reasons go right out the door along with the staff if they are let go after another mediocre season.

BTW The Opening 7 v 7 team finals ended not long ago on the NFL Network & Fields owned it winning MVP.

We will party if we get Ross and Fields. I think we have a good chance.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

BTW The Opening 7 v 7 team finals ended not long ago on the NFL Network & Fields owned it winning MVP.

Didn't Sean White also win MVP honors at this event about three or four years ago or was that a different one?

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

SW was Elite 11 MVP

But didn't get The Opening overall MVP. Fields got both.

Biggest takeaway to me is that for at least 2 years it hasn't even been a discussion who the top QB in the nation is, it's been Lawrence and not even close. The fact that JF has made him a footnote at what is arguably the most elitely talented camp is amazing. Somebody is going to get a very good QB. I think he'd fit our CL offense well, but none of us has seen it yet.

48 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Given we could only get one, which would the board prefer, Fields in 2018 or Nix in 2019? :dunno:

In my mind, the only way that becomes an interesting discussion is if Nix is in the 2018 class. As things stand, it's Fields all day for me.

Edit: Meant to add that if it were Nix in 2018 and Fields in 2019, I'd take Nix. 

47 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Given we could only get one, which would the board prefer, Fields in 2018 or Nix in 2019? :dunno:

1. Staffs don't think like that. Every team takes a QB in every class. 2 Nix will have stiff competition no matter who he may pick based on his offers. Remember the other school that stands out for Nix is Clemson. He'd be competing against a stud at each school. 3. If you forced a choice then it's Fields & it's not even remotely close for 2 reasons. 1. While Nix is very good potential wise Fields is on a completely different level. 2. You always take the here and now in this kind of situation.

49 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

In the past when players, elite or not, stayed in school for all 4 years this may have been an issue for the player to consider. Now that players can leave early I don't think it matters to them since they are a year apart.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1. Staffs don't think like that. Every team takes a QB in every class. 2 Nix will have stiff competition no matter who he may pick based on his offers. Remember the other school that stands out for Nix is Clemson. He'd be competing against a stud at each school. 3. If you forced a choice then it's Fields & it's not even remotely close for 2 reasons. 1. While Nix is very good potential wise Fields is on a completely different level. 2. You always take the here and now in this kind of situation.

E, you missed my point. I know staffs don't think like that and i'm not saying we will only get one or the other. I'm asking what would be the forums choice be, IF, we was only going to get one now or one in the future. Just asking for discussions purpose. I understand all the semantics of reality, just wondering what everyone's choice would be, that's all.

50 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

E, you missed my point. I know staffs don't think like that and i'm not saying we will only get one or the other. I'm asking what would be the forums choice be, IF, we was only going to get one now or one in the future. Just asking for discussions purpose. I understand all the semantics of reality, just wondering what everyone's choice would be, that's all.

Again Fields for all the reasons listed before. And Fields too if you wanted to do a hypothetical of them being in the same class. JF is just that much better.

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Fields is the #1 player in America 

Not sure about that yet. Winning 1 camp doesn't pass Lawrence out classing him in real games in their Soph & JR years. For the sites to jump Fields over Lawrence I think JF has to have a markedly better SR season on the field than Lawrence.

If I had to gamble right now, I'd take Nix in 2019 because I don't think Stidham will be a one and done.

56 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If I had to gamble right now, I'd take Nix in 2019 because I don't think Stidham will be a one and done.

I would still take Fields, but I think Stidham will be around longer than a year as well.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

This would be a big mistake to take Nix over Fields. Read E posts above Fields is that much better than Nix. Now how much will Bo improve his junior and senior year we will see but I have a hard time believing he will pass Fields in anyway. Fields is a stud. JS might stick around another year I highly doubt it if we have the type of year I expect. 

REALLY hope this is about fields and he knows something!!!! 

fingers-crossed.gif

Archived